Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Bay of Palms Resort(Elanora)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$109
Priceline
US$325
Burleigh Break(Burleigh Heads)
US$91
US$145
  • Pool
Outrigger Gold Coast(Burleigh Heads)
US$91
US$68
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsspa treatmentslife changingorganic foodbody and soulenergy levelssteam roombest experiences of my lifemeal timesamazing spaprivate plunge poolschool campearly daysboot campcome homewonderful weekorchard suitesdetox program
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I only give it 9 out of 10 because my stay wasn't long enough. My visit was just superb. I did purchase some extras, but felt no pressure to do so. The spa treatments were just wonderful and I enjoyed every minute of it. Staff were genuine and great fun. Walking the driveway was a highlight, as was the final dancing class. I'll return for certain.

Room Tip: Go with the flow, some guests were kept awake by the 'ducks' - which turned out to be frogs doing their thing!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Raula B
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I had the best week of my life at Gwinganna. I did the 7 day spring detox and was mentally and physically renewed. I had a bilateral mastectomy 14 years ago and can now honestly say I am a survivor and just enjoy every minute of every precious day I live. I will return many times to Gwinganna to continue my learning journey of using food as medicine in my every day life with my friends and family. I thank everyone at Gwinganna for their passion, commitment and love.
Gai Cunningham

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Gai C
Reviewed 28 May 2013

As I arrived at the airport my cold was in full swing and I felt terrible. We understood that there are no arrivals until 2pm, but I felt terrible and just wanted to go to bed. Gwinganna were fabulous and allocated a room to us (not the one we had booked, but one with a fabulous big bed) and we arrived at 9am and I slept the whole day. They bought us a small snack and throughout my stay I was treated to special 'green drinks' and vitamins to help my cold repair. Thank you to the reception staff for their outstanding service.

Apart from my cold the time at Gwinganna was all I had desired, the food was fabulous, the spa sublime (I am a massage junky and the therapists were very skilled and competent), the rooms spacious and accommodating (loved the hot water bottle in our room) and the big lounge chairs on the balcony were so restful. I have worked in tourism accommodation for many years and the accommodation was well planned and well presented.

I thought I knew a lot about health and well being, but the learning that we undertook at Gwinganna has taken us into a new realm of total health now we are back and entrenched in our working lives again. We hope this inspiration they offered will continue into our old age. It was a lot of money for us to pay for a holiday, but worth every cent toward our long term health and happiness.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Waipoua
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Gwinganna, but would not go back. I loved the environment, the food, the chance to relax, and one or two of the seminars (especially those that were exercise focussed). However I went there to concentrate on my health in general and was very disappointed at the strong emphasis on "alternative therapies" an obvious aversion to any modern or "western" medicine. I understands that some people like to partake in such therapies and that they have a place in a wellness retreat, however there was no balance in the program. At times, modern approached were actively discouraged. I feel that some of the messages promoted were quite dangerous. As I like the idea of working on my physical and mental health in a retreat setting, I will probably try a different wellness retreat in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank ejc7586
Gwinganna, General Manager at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear ejc7586,
Thank you for your review. Its always helpful for us to hear about our guest's experiences. I am sorry though that you were disappointed in our focus on alternative therapies. As you may know, we have a medical ( western medicine ) doctor who is part of our collaborative and educational team and presents each week at the retreat, plus we emply a medical nurse as part of our team to support guests during their stay. We also have three specialty doctors who we work with ongoing including one from the US. In our seminars we aim to educate guests on the very latest medical research as well as alternative therapies. We have never received this type of feedback from guests so if you would like to contact me directly, I'd be happy to discuss this further and help ensure that you have the health information and advice you were looking for.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Have just enjoyed aniother incredible journey at Gwinganna - healthy food, fabulous exercise options, peaceful walks in the mountains and oh yes the spa - beautiful massages. I stayed in one of the villas - plunge pool - balcony - 180deg views down to the gold coast and out to sea.
All the accommodation is only a few years old so in good condition and very peaceful. Achieved my goal of dropping 3-4 kilos and feel pumped and ready to go home. The staff under Sharon's leadership are an amazing group - they have soooo much empathy for their guests.

Room Tip: Try Peel House, the homestead or one of the villas with plunge pool.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo