“Fantastic way to recharge” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tallebudgera
Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tallebudgera
Canberra, Australia
“Fantastic way to recharge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

First time I had been to a health retreat and I loved it. Kicking poor eating habits is a lot easier when served beautiful organic food in the right quantities with no other temptations. The activities on the five day Optimum Wellness program were great with lots of physical activity in the morning (which my desk job body really appreciated) as well as useful seminars and guided meditations at other points in the day. The spa treatments were great, the staff (especially Kish) and guests were an inspiration. I'll definitely be back.

4 Thank Kirsten B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is by far the best place to have a complete detox. The food was amazing, the staff were very helpful and the spa a great way to top off the experience. I could have done with a few more days there! All the facilities were spot on. The pools were great, a perfect spot to relax.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Sonia R
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Outstanding. I will never go back to the Golden Door. Everything was superior. I felt cared for and supported in all respects. The food was sensational and has inspired me to expand my organic garden. After you attend Dr Karen's seminar on optimal health you will never buy food from the big supermarkets again.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Organicistheway
Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Another wonderful transformative and restorative trip to Gwinganna.

This time I attended the Stress, Sugar and Sleep 4 day retreat. The seminars were excellent. The food was wonderful. The spa is amazing and the therapists are at the top of their game.

I'll be back in the new year for a 7 day detox.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Heritage Rooms (Burleigh last time and Texas this time). They're very sweet and...
3 Thank Kirsten B
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I have come to Gwinganna on numerous occasions when life gets too hectic and I've hit a wall. This time round I did the 7 day detox ( I've done this once before!). I cant recommend the 7 day program highly enough. The staff are all amazing, insightful and nurturing and you really feel looked after. Everyone from the chefs to the spa staff love waht they do and are passionate about organic and stress free living. You can do everything or nothing and there is no stress placed on you to be or do anything at all. The food on the detox program is incredible. In the 35 meals and snacks we had over the week there may have been only one that wasnt completely delicious and satisfying. They are very good with allergies and food intolerances and will create a special mean plan for people around that. They have great physical activites like drumming and tribal dancing as well the usual stuff like strength training, yoga, water volley ball and many others, amazing spa treatments ( in the most incredible looking spa centre) and great presentations on nutrition, sleep, exercise and health. I always come back to my family after a stay at Gwinganna feeling completely recharged and ready to re-tackle my busy life with new vigour ( and a vow to be healthier!!). I plan to come back soon !

3 Thank Elvira N
Noosa, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

I travelled solo this month and attended the Optimum Wellbeing retreat for 5 days. I needed a break from my overthinking busy mind, and some time away from my husband and 2 teenage boys, not because I needed to be away from them in particular, more because I needed to be away from the person I was at home (stressed, unrelaxed and at times anxious), I needed to give them a break too :) I stayed in the East view Orchard Suite which was beautiful. I was a little nervous about travelling alone as my husband and I do everything together, but I was overwhelming suprised at how easily I enjoyed my own company. I was of course one of many solo travellers and it was wonderful to share as much or as little as we wanted with each other. I was also suprised that I was full of vitality when being woken at 5.30am each day (i'm not normally a morning person) but something comes over you up there and it was certainly the best part of the day watching the sunrise over the ocean. Donna was our group leader and she was just "amazing". She has this aura about her, and I don't think I've met someone so passionate about life. Every single one of the staff there are real and genuine and all have their own story to tell so you feel immediately connected with them. My recommendation is try an activity or class that you have never done before,the range of options is incredible and I went away mind blown by what I was taught,in particular Nia dance class and the tribal experience (life changing). The treatments in the Spa are to die for. If you're second guessing whether to go to Gwinganna, don't - because you won't regret it! I've come away a new person. Danni x

Room Tip: Orchard suites corner room west view would be best choice for me next time
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Danni M
Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

I have stayed at Gwinganna twice. Every thing is well organised and guests are treated very well. All the activities are fantastic, food delicious and those spa treatments heavenly. I travelled alone and stayed 10 days. You can do as much or as little as you like. The staff are all very passionate about what they do and it really does show. Looking forward to another stay at Gwinganna.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Mimosa, #16. The only room in the house with a bath tub. which is a Queenslander s...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kerrie S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tallebudgera
Palazzo Versace
QT Gold Coast
#4 of 33 in Surfers Paradise
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,550 reviews
O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas and Lost World Spa

Been to Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat? Share your experiences!