“try for yourself”
Review of The Old Post Office - CLOSED

The Old Post Office
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“try for yourself”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I was apprehensive about visiting The Old Post Office because of the reviews on this page. The food and service were excellent and I couldn't pick fault with the decor.
My husband and I had the Tapas, which was excellent. It was freshly cooked and the portions were massive. The prices seemed fair for this type of meal.
I would definitely recommend a visit to anyone.

• Visited August 2014

Scotter
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was to die for”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Took the wife and 19 yr old daughter out for tea only to find that the food was even better than last time we went there. (And I thought that couldn't be done) I had steak with blue cheese sauce that was unlike I had tasted ever before. It was cooked to perfection. The wife and daughter had prawn linguine and said it was lovely. I had the prawn starter. It was also very tasty. They made us 2 jugs of sangria with fruit to wash it down with. That just finished it off. What a great night. Thank you.

• Visited August 2014
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“In a word, stunning”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I had seen the new summer menu, and thought I would try the pan-seared Halibut on a seafood paella base. When it came, it looked stunning, and tasted even better. Those of you who have read some of my previous reviews know I rate food by how many times I moan with pleasure when I put food in my mouth, and this rated very highly. The Halibut was well seasoned and cooked to perfection and there was a good helping of mussels, prawns and squid. The vegetable medley was a large portion, and tasty. Now what to choose for the next visit, hmmm.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Magickpyggie
Brigg, United Kingdom
“Sadly wont be visiting again.”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Went to the Old Post Office in June 2014 with my husband, my sister and her husband, as we had seen a couple of times when walking by and thought it sounded like it would be nice.
Unfortunately we were all disappointed. The food was average with not average price tags. For the price we expected better quality food. Myself and my sister ordered Sea bass with "paella' as we both thought sounded nice. However the paella was not paella at all it was something that looked and tasted like 'uncle ben's rice with peas' and what looked like a little pack of frozen seafood ie couple of muscles couple of tiny prawns and couple of squid rings, that had just been thrown in. The Sea Bass itself was tasty, other than that average at best. The wine was slightly pricey but tasty sauvignon Blanc. My husband and brother in law had fillet steak with blue cheese and said was overpowering as took away the taste of the steak, plus wanted the sirloin but had run out, however they did offer him the fillet at the sirloin price.
The service was decent to be fair, and the area of the restaurant we sat in was nice and quaint.
But overall sadly wont be visiting again.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Shelly C
“Excellent service and food! ! Must try!!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

As a family we went for tapas earlier today. Cannot say enough how lovely the food was very impressed! ! We ate outside as the weather was nice, the service was fantastic staff are very polite friendly and attentive! There was huge variety on the menu be it tapas or the main menu! Cannot recommend this place enough very nice atmosphere & fantastic food and people. Especially love the decor with the feel of the post office.

• Visited June 2014