“The most perfect day”
Review of The White Swan

The White Swan
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Scotter
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: For more information, to view our menus or BOOK ONLINE visit our website The White Swan is a privately owned and run small hotel and restaurant nestled between the historic City of Lincoln and the Humber Estuary. We offer you the perfect place to relax and unwind. We are ideally located for exploring Lincolnshire and the Humber, just 7 miles from the A15 and 11 miles from the M180, Junction 4. With Lincoln, Sheffield, Grimsby and Hull on our doorstep. The White Swan boasts an amazing history with images dating pre 1911. It still maintains the character and charm associated with a traditional coaching inn whilst internally, enjoys a modern transformation overlooking tranquil views of the River Eau.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Well where do I start? Everything was just so perfect for our daughters wedding.

It started when we went to the White Swan for a meal early last year. We were so impressed that we made an appointment to see lovely Sol when our daughter and Fiancé were up from London for the weekend. We visited other venues that were further up their list of possibilities, but when they saw the newly refurbished White Swan, they decided that it was ‘the one’

We made several visits over the year, discussing menus and the fine details for the day. Sol accommodated all our requirements…and there were a lot! We took all the decorations, favors and special effects the day before and Sol listened and made notes on where everything should be placed.

We walked on the red carpet into the beautiful garden to be met by drinks and canapés. The room looked absolutely stunning. The best was yet to come…

The food was absolutely outstanding. Usually at a wedding, you get what is put in front of you. Not here. Our guests chose from a lovely menu and the food was amazing. Many of our guests complimented us on how exceptional the food was. It didn’t end there though. The evening buffet was extraordinary too, including the most scrumptious sausage rolls I have ever tasted in my life. Our guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been to.

The day went so quickly and it was time to rest our heads in the beautiful rooms, followed by a delicious breakfast.

We have eaten at the White Swan many times after our initial meeting, and the food at the wedding was every bit as good for 85 guests as it was for just the two of us. It is not easy to produce perfect food for such a big party, but the White Swan did it. Well done to all of you, and thank you so much.

We will see you very soon.

3  Thank MoyaScunthorpe

Reviewed 21 July 2014

It's been quite a few years since we visited The White Swan at Scotter, we live around 10 miles away and it has changed hands a few times over the years. However, I wanted to meet a friend for tea and Scotter was a half-way point, so we decided to try it.

We arrived on a Tuesday evening at around 6.30pm. The car park was full, so we had to find parking space on one of the nearby roads - a good sign, I thought.

The pub was busy, with lots of customers around the bar area. I believe that they offer tea time specials, and it seems that these are really popular.

Although we had not booked a table, we were quickly shown to a table for two in the bar area and our drinks order taken.

The menu is really imaginative, more than your average pub grub and plenty of choices for both myself as a meat-eater and my vegetarian friend.

I ordered the pork belly, which came with garlic fondant potato, roasted root vegetable and a really delicious honey, sage and cider sauce. My friend chose the flat mushroom burger. Both meals arrived quickly, freshly cooked, hot and extremely tasty. The portions are not huge, but are really satisfying. I was really impressed by the quality of the meat dish, especially as it was really reasonably priced at £8.95. We finished off with coffee in the beer garden, which is furnished with comfortable furniture and is a real sun trap.

Service was prompt and friendly. The bar area is the not the most special place, I managed to peep into the more formal dining area, and that is really lovely - so maybe better in there if it is a special occasion. For a week night, teatime treat though - the bar area is perfectly OK.

1  Thank Annec14
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed overnight before attending a day out. I am so glad we stayed here, we travelled a long way and past experiences of other hotels made me apprehensive. I am very particular and was very happy. However we could not complain at all, the room was fantastic, the decor fab and the kingsize bed ace. The meal was wonderful, hubby said the steak was one of the best he had eaten. My meal also was fab. Staff were great and attentive and helpful even allowing us to keep the room after checkout time so I was comfortable (due to health). Loved it and will stay again if in Lincoln for sure.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Went to the White Swan with my wife and her mother for a meal. The food was of good quality and the establishment very clean. The only problems we encountered were the constant smell of cigarettes from the smokers area drifting in and the foul language of the people congregating around the bar. It was disgusting. The cost of beer was very expensive but of good quality . Give It A try but don't get your hopes up.

DarrenLince, Owner at The White Swan, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Gaz,

Thank you for your review.

On a positive note, I am delighted that you enjoyed both your food and drink, as you know, for a restaurant these are the two hardest things to get consistently right.

On the negative side, the smoke and language.

Smoking: We permit smoking outdoors which has two double doors as separation, but from what I understand both of these were wedged open due to the warm weather, and I can see how this could form a "tunnel" if the wind was in the right direction. I have asked my manager to ensure that one of these doors is kept closed in future.

Language: We don't tolerate foul language, we are much more restaurant than bar and no-one can remember hearing any offensive language. However, we have spoken to all the staff there again to ensure that they know how to deal with this if a similar situation occurs.

I want the White Swan to be one of the best family dining restaurants in North Lincolnshire, and be assured we have reacted to your comments.

Regards,

Darren

Reviewed 12 July 2014

What a lovely afternoon we had here lovely beer garden very comfortable and relaxing and then a lovely meal in the restaurant the food was lovely the service was great and the place it's self was just lovely all in all a great afternoon in a great place.