“A good stop on the way to the Med”

Les Clos de Chaponost
Les Clos de Chaponost
Versailles
“A good stop on the way to the Med”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

A pleasant hotel , with a lovely garden and a swimming-pool .
Good food at the restaurant .

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the garden are best.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I am surprised by the review from this February and wonder why it was so different in March. Other than a very nice person running breakfast our two mornings there; I have nothing to say to recommend the place other than if you are passing through town and have to stop, it will do. Finding our room was a maze, with pointed directions. We were traveling (business) for two weeks and had big suitcases (yes, Americans overpack!) and had to lug them up a winding staircase.
The bed might have been decent 20 years ago. The towels should be regulated to car-washing duty. Zero bathroom amenities other than dispenser soap. The tub/shower had no curtain around it. At 5'3", I managed okay, but at 6'2", my husband had a more difficult time containing the water. Speaking of water, our second morning, I had enough hot water to shower and wet my hair, but not wash my hair. My husband showered in frigid water and couldn't shave. Very nice before attending business meetings.

Lest you think we are being too hard on this hotel, two of his colleagues stayed here as well and said they would see that it was taken off the approved list for their company's business stays.

If you are backpacking Europe, go for it. If you want anything better than camping, avoid it.

Oh, and a note on the "free wi-fi." It did not work in any of our rooms, even though the staff insisted it did. I carried my Mac out, down the winding stair case and halfway to the reception area before I picked up any signal.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Arvika, Sweden
Reviewed 1 February 2012

After having stayed one night in this hotel, my impressions are over all good. The room was very simple but really had all that we needed for one night. The surroundings are beautiful, which makes a stay worthwhile either way. Breakfast was very nice with fresh croissants, juice, cheese, ham etc. We had dinner at the restaurant and found the food to be well presented and tasty.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Been to Les Clos de Chaponost? Share your experiences!