“Lovely house, lovely people, lovely location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rustic-House 13

and 1 more site!
Rustic-House 13
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely house, lovely people, lovely location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

This review is a bit as we arrived back from Slovenia at least 2 weeks ago but it must be written as there are many wonderful things to say about Studor 13... where to start...

Firstly, like everybody else on here, my 3 friends and I who had been youth hostelling around the country, were shocked that this was called a hostel- it is definitely more like a B & B with hostel prices. The house is a beautifully refurbished alpine cottage and as well as our lovely clean and comfortable room (four people in a six bed room) with a balcony and stunning valley views, you also have the run of a cosy kitchen and sitting room with other guests. Breakfast is simple but really delicious- nice local breads, jam, cereal with a mixture of either cheese or yoghurts etc and all included in the price!

Andy is the most fantastic host- as well as the free pick up to and from the bus station, he is full of tips and tricks for whatever you have planned for the day to make your stay in one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to even better. The whole family certainly added to the great time that we had here.

In short, stay here! We liked it so much we extended our stay for 2 more nights on top of our original 3. We will certainly be returning!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank AnnaFrances324

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
prague
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Me and my boyfriend just randomly passed by the hostel while hiking through a small Slovenian village called Studor and were just amazed! Even though we had had other plans, we decided to spend 2 nights in there. The whole place is just beautiful - mixing the style of old alpine houses, Provence and modern stuff by IKEA :-) Andy (the Australian dad of the family that runs the hostel) and his Slovenian wife are both very friendly and helpful and you feel very welcomed for the whole time. From our room we had a nice view over the mountains and the village.

You would hardly believe this is a hostel! Seems more like a small B&B and is very tidy and clean. The breakfasts are included in the price and consist of bread (fresh and local), cereals, jam, milk, tea, coffee, cream cheese etc. You can also make a better coffee from the machine paying some additional 0,5 EUR - which was pretty nice after a long day spent on hiking :-)

To some up, we would deffinitally recommend this place to everyone and hope we will once come back!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kate_mik
Aalst, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed two nights in Studor 13 and were very charmed by the location and its hosts. We traveled by car so we could get around, but they also had a pick-up service from the lake if needed. The hostel is charmingly decorated, very tidy and has beautiful views over the village and mountains. The hosts were very helpful. You just have to ask and they tell you about all possible activities in the area. We went hiking in an impressive gorge and went swimming in the wonderful lake...! The breakfast in the morning had everything you need. We don't doubt about going again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Staartje_en_Kuifje
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I am a solo traveler who stayed at Hostel Studor for a couple of nights in June 2013. I arrived by bus and had the tourist office call Andy. He picked me up within 5-10 minutes of my arrival and he immediately made me feel welcomed at their beautiful home in the Slovenian countryside. It's hard to believe that they call Studor 13 a "hostel". It is more like a B & B (with hostel prices!). There are two dorm rooms and 1 private room (which is where I stayed). There was a bathroom right across the hallway and a shared kitchen on the 2nd floor. There were 3 families there when I stayed, and they pretty much only slept there, so I felt like I had the place to myself. The house is beautiful and very clean! Andy gave me suggestions of where to hike and on my last day, he drove me to the Mt Vogel cable car station so I could go hiking there before I left. Andy and Tina were great hosts and I would recommend staying at Studor 13.

Room Tip: There's only 1 double room in the hostel and I believe 2 dorm rooms. One of the dorm rooms has a...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank travelinggal13
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

Whether your holiday agenda is one of seeking out the charm of rustic village life, spiritual awakening, rekindling a loving relationship or pursuing the hiking, skiing and adventure sports offered by Lake Bohinj and the Triglav National Park, Studor 13 and its hosts Andy and Tina offer affordable and newly renovated accommodation in their home: a mid 19th century 3 story dwelling located in a quaint rural village surrounded by picturesque scenery that only dreams are made of. Andy and Tina's endearing hospitality and profound knowledge of the locale and its folklore will provide you with all you need to fulfil your holiday dreams. Andy provides an additional photo tour package for those interested in photographing the beauty of this region to its fullest potential. Local transport is available for those travellers who wish to include a day trip to Bled and Ljubljana. I highly recommend Hostel Studor 13 and all it has to offer.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rick V
Haltern am See, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

I have been to Studor 2 times, once with my girlfriend, once with my boys. Once in the summer, once in the winter. The Hostel is really nice and you feel welcome! Wheter you want to stay for hiking or skiing, Studor 13 is a great place to stay. Also andrew, the host, is a really lovly guy!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank stB117
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012

I just spent 4 nights here and had a great time. It is in the perfect location to set off on walks in the Triglav national park which is one of the most beautiful regions i have ever been to. It is also situated in a small town so you get the true feeling of a small Slovenian village. The hostel is well equipped and very homely, the owners are really helpful and advised on some excellent walks that I won't forget. I highly recommend this hostel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Srednja vas v Bohinju
Bohinj ECO Hotel
#1 of 14 in Bohinjsko Jezero
Farmhouse Katricnek
Farmhouse Katricnek
#1 of 3 in Bohinjska Bela

Been to Rustic-House 13? Share your experiences!