We booked a queen room for two nights in early March, 2014, so that we could go dog-sledding at Winterdance Dog Sled Tours. The hotel is a 45 minute drive (in good weather) from the start of the dog sledding tour. There is not a surplus of hotel accommodation in the area. The front desk was helpful and the check-in was smooth.
The queen room (the resort's least expensive room), was a 'standard" queen room with one queen bed and a pull-out bed-sofa. The room was clean, the bed was OK. The resort was built in the mid 1970s and our room could have used a refreshing, as it did not appear to be changed much from when originally built. The large screen TV in our room was at least 20 years old.
There is an indoor heated pool, but no hot tub. There is an exercise room just off the pool area.
We booked with the resort directly by phone, told them that we were coming up for dog sledding, and received a good discount off the rack rate. We up-graded to the B&B rate for $20 more (for two adults) per night, and received an OK breakfast buffet in exchange. One can also order off the menu for the B&B rate.
The Heatherwood restaurant at the resort is billed, and priced, as upscale, but is not exceptional. There is also a pub on the property. You will have to drive back into Haliburton, or out into the "country," if you do not want to eat on the property.
There is not much to do on the property if you did not bring snowshoes, cross-country skies, or a snow mobile (or your golf clubs in the summer).
The area is full of hills, lakes and curvy back roads, and hence is very pretty. Motorcyclists would like these roads in season, especially if one had a dual-purpose bike.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pinestone Resort and Conference Centre: 160 Acres to Discover....Haliburton Highlands'largest resort, Pinestone Resort, Conference Centre Spa and Golf Course offers four-season amenities, a cozy ambience, spectacular fine dining, an on-site bar, an indoor saltwater pool with sauna, a fitness room with a view of Haliburton's nature, comfortable and spacious rooms, an outdoor pool with sundecks, a 14-acre activity pond for summer and winter activities, tennis courts, 24 hour business centre, free wireless internet throughout the resort, hiking, biking, cross-country skiing, and an on-site spa and salon. It is a perfect venue for corporate meetings; offering adventure team building, naturally lit meeting rooms and endless meeting possibilities. Weddings are very popular every season: both indoors and outdoors, with a capacity of 200 guests in the Highlands Grand Ballroom. On-site diningHeatherwood RestaurantIt's all about food quality, intimacy and attentive service at Heatherwood Restaurant-Haliburton County's causal fine-dining hot-spot. Chef's famous culinary creations, the extensive wine list and Friday and Saturday's prime-rib special attracts diners from all over Haliburton County, and leaves our guests raving about their Heatherwood experience. Open for breakfast from 7:00am - 11:00am daily. Re-opening for dinner from 5:00pm - 9:00pm daily. Prime Rib Special Friday and Saturday nights. Reservations are recommended. Highlanders Bar & PatioCheck out the new vibe at Highlanders Bar! With its impressive slate bar top, wall of windows, sunny patio, stone fireplace and terrific food, it's no wonder Highlanders Bar keeps people coming back. Daily specials, a full lunch and dinner menu, fun theme nights, flatscreens showing every Leafs game, cozy chairs and funky music make it a hip gathering place for friends and family. Opens at 11am Monday to Saturday and 1:00pm on Sundays. 'Like' Highlanders Bar on facebook and follow us on twitter (HighlandersBar1) for upcoming entertainment and theme nights. 19 And over after 9pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pinestone Resort and Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pinestone Resort, Conference Centre, Spa & Golf Course Hotel Haliburton
- Pinestone Resort, Conference Centre, Spa And Golf Course
- Pinestone Resort Haliburton
- Delta Pinestone Resort
- Delta Haliburton
- Pinestone Hotel Haliburton
- Haliburton Delta
- Pinestone Resort And Conference Centre Haliburton, Ontario, Canada