“Bad vacation in Haliburton”
Review of Wigamog Villas

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haliburton
Wigamog Villas
Reviewed 26 August 2007

Visited the lodge in June saw the rooms, looked clean, however, we missed the dining room. Childrens program was adequate and the kids had a lot of fun. The staff are capable and the childen did enjoy their stay.

However, the food (which by the way was provided by one of the top suppliers in Canada and I have eaten this food many times at other lodges) was improperly cooked. It was often cold, unspiced or salted. This was dinner. The childrens food was cold and unattractive. Poorly presented in the diningroom without steamer tables, - just a bunsen burner and the lids were often not apparent. Breakfast was also presented this way and cold. I spoke to the "Executive Chef" who appeared to be about 20 years of age - I have nothing against youth, and suggested that perhaps the lids could be put back on the servers and maybe the dishes could be heated with the dinner served.

I also found that the dining chairs could be cleaned and perhaps even steam cleaned. They had ground in food as did the rugs.

The dishes were often dirty and this was pointed out, but no one took them away.

All in all the only thing going for them is their kids program I have travelled extensively, and this was my first BAD experience in Ontario. My family will NOT return to Wigamog Inn and I shall tell all and sundry about our experience.

Many of the other guests were complaining and sending back their meals as well.

Christine Wilson