Econo Lodge
Haileybury Beach Motel(Temiskaming Shores)(Great Value!)
US$136
Hotwire.com
Quality Inn(New Liskeard)
US$120
US$138
Waterfront Inn(Temiskaming Shores)
Leisure Inn Hotel(Haileybury)
TripAdvisor
Edgewater Motel and Campground(Temiskaming Shores)
Englehart Motel(Englehart)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Travelling through to Smooth Rock Falls in July 2013 and stopped at the Quality Inn across the street. My husband used to stay there when travelling home all the time and always paid well under 100.00 a night, I dont know if it was because of the new Holiday in that they jacked their prices but 136.00+tx is crazy. So we went to the Econo Lodge.

We got a nice room with two beds, they let us bring our dog in which was fantastic and the price was under 100.00 for the night. We had a bar fridge and television and the room was clean. It was a smoking room and you could tell the smell lingered as the carpets needed cleaning but again it was a place to stay.

My husband checked out the morning breakfast..not the best but got some little pastries and a coffee and were well on our way.

If you have to stop and dont want to spend a fortune I would suggest staying here but next time for us, we will just keep on trucking through.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stopped at this motel with four friends while on a trip to Northwestern Ontario. The motel is located along a main highway and is easy to locate. It does not have a restaurant but there are restaurants within easy walking distance. I had made room reservations a few days before our arrival. We were greeted warmly by the front desk clerk upon our arrival. I had reserved two double rooms. Our reservation was in order. Breakfast was included with our room reservation. The rooms were neat, tidy and clean. The bathroom was clean and contained all required toiletry items. There was a flat screen television in the room. The beds were comfortable. The heating system worked well and was not noisy. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked. Our check out went smoothly. The room rate was the most reasonable of all motels in the area. I would not hesitate to stay here in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael J Mr K
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed here for one night recently. The woman at the front desk was extremely friendly and gave me the senior discount without asking. The room was non smoking as we wanted and had a direct access from where we parked our car, and an access to the hallway which went up to the lobby and directly to the restaurant called Green Tomato Bar and Grill. It was fantastic. the food was extremely good and the server was good and made sure we had everything we wanted.
They supply an good continental breakfast and free newspapers. The room was a decent size and was clean which is so important. We would stay there anytime we happened to be in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JBJOHNSON
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The worst travel experience

Having to go up north for work, I was looking for a motel that would also take my three house trained dogs ... The Eco Lodge advertised just that - Pet Friendly with no surcharge ...

You can imagine my shock when on day four they evicted at midnight, in the cold, in the dark, in a strange town and no place to go ... they said that there was an odour coming from the room although the police were called and no odour was identified but at this point I had to go ...

They still charged me for the room that night - disputing this with my credit card company and they charged me for $800 in damages - also disputing this

I would strongly recommend avoiding New Liskeard - especially this hotel

Room Tip: I HIGHLY RECOMMEND staying somewhere else - mind you I hear the owner also owns many of the hotels in town
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank D D
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Where do I start with this?
I was forced to stay in this motel when the beautiful holiday inn was right across the road. I was told this was the only affordable hotel at 99$ a night, and had no choice in the matter. I really do not know where to begin here.

firstly, the staff was great, don't get me wrong, the staff really wanted to help you out. Unfortunately I cannot say the same about the room. I checked in about 3am, and left at 6am, only there for 3 hours ,but the room was very rancid.

It was a non smoking room, that smelled like somebody has been smoking for years in there. The carpet was dirty, the beds were uncomfortable. I had to sleep in my clothes because I was worried what may have been in the bed. I refused to even get inside.

I decided to take a shower, and does the fan even work? You could wake up the entire building with that thing. It was like a tractor trailer going wild.

I am sorry, I do not mean to be rude, but all I had was 3 hours of sleep and this was horrendous. I stayed the next night across the street at the holiday inn, and boy what a difference. I went into my co workers rooms to make sure mine wasn't the only one, but theirs were bad too. Smoke smell everywhere, I couldn't be bothered to ask for a room change after that.

Sorry guys, your service is great, but your rooms are really shady, and for 99$ a night, not cool.

Room Tip: Make sure your room does not smell like cigarettes. It is very rancid.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business