“Not as bad as other reviews said”
Review of Linda Vista Motel

Linda Vista Motel
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Reviewed 13 June 2012

While its not brand new. Is clean, everything works. Never felt scared, as one reviewer said they were. Did have trouble getting the wireless to work, service issues, but I have the same issue at hotels that cost $200 or more a night. Was able to get it work, as Im using it to complete this review from my room I've been in for 5 nights.
Had issues with service, cleanlyness, things not working, safty concerns at these very expensive hotels, too.
Over all, is a hotel I recommend to everyone. I'm staying here because they still have smoking rooms, unlike all the newer hotel/motels in the Surrey area.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 257, with a full kitchen. Am more than satisfied.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 May 2012

First of all, on King George (By 6400 block) There seem to be four hotel/motels. I would recommend the Canadian Inn out of all of them. I have stayed at this hotel and the kitchen was infested with cockroaches. The floors look terribly stained, and the pillow cases looked disgusting.
This is my second day here. I have had someone knocking at my door trying to sell me Marijuana, and the customer service it horrible.

I had gone to the front desk complaining, and though the lady seems fairly sympathetic, she makes up excuses and lies. After many complaints she moved me into a better room which seems to be roach free, but still unacceptable. I had booked for a week (A bad move on my part), and not only is she refusing to not give the deposit, but she is refusing to not give back the five days payment left.

So after all of this, I am left feeling horrified. I would never recommend staying here if my life depended on it. If you would like to be miserable, disgusting, and disrespected, then by all means visit this place.

Room Tip: I do not recommend any.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank GreyScarlet
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This place needs to be checked out by Frazer Health. It is totally revolting & extremely unsanitary. I fortunately turned over one pillow & found a half dozen or so black hairs. I then pulled back the second pillow & there were MASSIVE and I do mean MASSIVE Amounts of HAIR all along the top of the bed.

I immediately went to the office & told my story - they offered to change the sheets & said "oh I believe you lady". But, I insisted that the person on duty come to the room to see just how bad it really was. He did reluctantly come. I showed him the massive amounts of black hairs along the top of the bed. When WE pulled back the blanket & top sheet - there was black hairs throughout the entire bed, not just scalp hairs, but body hairs as well. There is NO way to explain this, for it was unbelievable the amount of hair in that bed. It was also very, very apparent that person(s) had been in that bed, before this room was rented to me.

I also removed the so called mattress protector and there was hair under that as well. He did bring me new sheets and pillow cases and I made the bed up. Normally, I would have left at this point, but I had now been up for 22 hours & was exhausted. So I thought a cup of hot tea would help WRONG I picked up the coffee pot and there were at least eight or nine dead bugs stuck to the bottom of the glass coffee pot - so much for my tea.

I had very little sleep that night, just couldn't get that picture of "all the black hair" out of my mind - even now two weeks later, I still shutter at the thought of all that hair. But my delightful experience wasn't finished yet.

In the morning, I decided to retrieve a bottle of juice from the fridge (which was missing a shelf & the two vegetable bins at the bottom. As I entered the kitchen and turned on the light, two (2) Silver Fish scrambled across the counter. I killed one, but the second got away.

This was my third strike - so I went to the office - I had booked to stay there for nine (9) nights but not now. I took the coffee pot (with the dead bugs) with me. I explained the three (3) items that I was very upset about. The woman told me that "the laundry is sent out & it was their fault about the hair". Totally absurd - the person making up the bed would have to have been TOTALLY BLIND not to see all that black hair.

Then, this woman had the gull to tell me "that I must have brought the Silver Fish with me". I had explained the previous night that I was planning on cooking some fish.

While this was going on, another woman came in and also stated that her room was filthy. They had found money on the floor.

Regardless, in order to get the H------- out of there, I had the privilege of paying a $50.00 Cancellation Fee in addition to the cost of the room for one night - even then, they cheated me.

Now, a relative of mine was with me, but had his own room. He was staying for a couple of nights. His bed seemed to be ok - I checked it out right after I discovered the condition of my room.

This person had the privilege of paying a $25.00 Cancellation Fee

The room was poorly lite - the floors were terribly stained (and probably dirty). The couch I wouldn't even sit on (especially when I saw it in the daylight). The bathroom did appear clean.

I complained to the Frazer Health Dept.

If any of you poor souls have a bad experience like this, I'd suggest you contact the Frazer Health at 604-930-5405 and ask for Michelle Upton.

If enough of us speak out, maybe we can get some of these "dumps" closed down.

I have traveled throughout North America - Europe - Asia - Australia - New Zealand - Caribbean - Mexico, and many other places in the world and I have NEVER EVER experienced ANYTHING like this.

A totally revolting experience !!!!!

No Organization should recommend Linda Vista Motel or at least have your people check it out !!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
9  Thank Miffed2012
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This was place has been by far the worst place to stay. First of all. The man at the counter ( in a turban ) thinks you will be doing him a favor by staying at their motel. He doesn't know the first thing about customer service. Even the owner ( old lady) is horrible. These people think they are running a hotel on Las Vegas strip. The pictures u see. I put up. Carpet stained and soap was nasty. The remote control didn't work. When I asked to get a new remote, the man ignored me and said " u can have your money back ". Too much attitude for Crapy place. If u want to be treated like crap. Please go there and stay.

• Stayed: August 2011
5  Thank Hockeyguy80
Reviewed 29 July 2010

At first we read the reviews to this hotel but we thought they werr just kidding. Well, by the time we got to our room we knew the people were right. The lobby smelled like vomit and curry... Our rooms smelled terrible as well. The room we were given were old and like the beds would fall through the floor any second. The windows didn't lock and there was even a little blood on one of them. The shower was disgusting!!! It was rusty and had mold and just looked gross since there was also hair from the previous guests all over. The floor looked dirty and the blankets were more like sponge than fabric. They also smelled bad. The service was also horrible! The man was rude and when we asked for sheets he got angry and looked as if he was about to use violence. He told us he shouldn't have to come to our room more than once. Overall this motel is not one I would ever recommend!!

2  Thank mohonhernandez
Reviewed 13 November 2009

I checked into the motel and advised that I wouldn't have time to pick up the receipt until later due to having to travel so they asked for a $30.00 deposit for the room key. I advised that I would leave the key in the room and did so accordingly. When I returned a week later, the lady at the front desk said they didn't have a record of my deposit or stay. I advised her of the employee who I originally dealt with who had said it would not be a problem and she stated that the employee no longer worked there. I then pointed to the ledger that was in front of her and showed her exactly where there was a written account of my stay. The lady then stated that the deposit had already been forwarded to their account. I said that was poor business and then she stated she could give me $20.00 back since it had been so long. After more arguing, a male come out of the back and the female finally relented and gave me back my $30.00. Terrible customer service, would not recommend giving this place any business.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank bluestravelerKelowna
Reviewed 2 October 2009

Ok so where do I start about this scumbag hotel. Me and my boyfriend had been travellling for hours and hours and we were so tired. This was one of the first motels we saw in surrey so decided to stay. We were exhausted and it didn't look bad from the outside. Anyways we checked in and then went to our rooms. When we opened the door we noticed there was a very funky smell. The floors were very stained burned by cigarettes and very very unclean but we both thought ahh we are aoo tired we don't even care butt we can do this for one night and then get a different hotel tomorrow. I went to sit on the bed and saw what I thought was blood. Well indeed I was right. There was blood over the mattress, sheets, and headboard. Ok eww. I then started to inspect the room. I hated te dirty floors let alone now blood. No way. When I inspected te room closer I found blood splatter all over the wall. This lid into the bathro where I found more blood splatter and mold too. On the light of the bathro it looked to be oil. The kind you smoke I mean of course. I wanted out of that room. My boyfriend went up to notify front desk as I inspected the room more. I went over to the bed and found more blood burn holes in the sheets and pillows and overall the bedding looked dirty. I then saw something shiny on the floor. I picked it up and it. Looked like a bullet shell. Now I was freaking out. When my boyfriend and the owner returned I showed hm my findings. He quickly threw it away and told me it was not. He seemed like he ddnt even care. Anyways he changed us to another room. The light did not work in this room so he showed us around with a lighter. It was verydark and we didn't really get to see the room. But we agreed to take it. He did not even offer to give us another bulb and he seemed very irratated by having to switch our rooms. My boyfriend then left with him to get the new room key. I had wished he never. I went around the room turning on lamp lights. it was very dingy dark and horrible lighting everywhere both inside the room and out. but that didn't stop my findings. again the floors were horrible, it was smelly, stained carpets, but this time there were blood splatter on the ceiling. By the time my boyfriend got back to the room he found me locked in the bathroom crying. I was soo scared. We then inspected the room some more. We found drugs in the drawer. this hotel just gives you a weird scarey feeling. I would not recommend it to anyone. We then decided to leave. we went up to get our money back andcheck out. I mean we were not even there an half an hour. This was our first time to surrey bc and we didn't have a good feeling about it.
the owner did not want to give our money back. He said because the bedsheets were pulled back and there was a cigarette butt in the ashtray that the room is dirty and he can't give it to anyone else. We argued back saying that it was dirty when ergot it and blood on the ceilig is worst than that one cigarette butt. He did say the butts we left in the hotel room were disgusting. But that hotel room in itself was disgusting. So we left and went up the road further to the best western which was great and treated us aoo well and it was very secure safe and clean. Please stay away. It don't se age and it's diff not clean and it's dingy dirty and smelly. It was an horrible experience. I have never experienced something like that in my life. I would not recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple