“Great value and close to Skytrain”
Review of Grouse Creek Motel

Grouse Creek Motel
Grouse Creek Motel
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
British Columbia
“Great value and close to Skytrain”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Since the closure of the Compass Point Inn, this is now the closest accommodations to the King George Skytrain station. It's maybe an 8 minute walk along the well lit King George Blvd, so even at night it's no big deal.

The check-in process was quick, my reservation was accurate and the staff was friendly. They charge a $25 damage deposit to your card. When they refunded it the next day upon check-out, they hadn't actually even checked the room to see if there was any damage...not sure how that's supposed to work.

My room was clean, the air-conditioner worked fine (and it was a hot day), and the bed was very comfortable. It was nice have a sofa and fridge and the free wi-fi worked just fine. As always, I must complain about the flat screen TV since the aspect ratio is wrong and there is no way to adjust that.

If you are looking for fancy, certainly go somewhere else. Paying about half for a room here however, makes sense to me and I've already made another reservation for the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Ydnar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Honestly, I've read other people' comments when I was arrived in that room. I've checked all the room. Yes, I agreed with them. Everything is filthy (the bathroom, carpet, towels and etc.). Managers and staffs are unfriendly and they look evil. I had a pretty bad nightmare in that room. I was dreaming in the same room and trying to wake up so badly. I've seen two exactly same woman in my first and second dream. I thought I was already awake but I was stuck in my dream. The third one was someone's hand tried to pull my arm down from the bed. I was screaming at my partner to get me. He did! I woke up and told him about my dream. He believes me what I've said. I love him! He said the place ****ed up! That place is creepy and it feels like a hunted house. We will never go back there again! Period!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank karebear604
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2013

First, I would like to say that the photo displayed here, does not match the motel at the address 9414 King George Highway, V3V 5W3 Surrey. I am talking about Grouse Creek Motel at the address I have mentioned.

I spent one night there in Summer 2012. I was unhappy with the following/ Air Conditioner needs repair. It should not definetelly be available to customers use, as it is. Faucet in the buthtub does not function correctly. Not good. Shower-head does not function correctly.. Not good. Stay at your own rik.

I WOULD COME AGAIN ONLY IF I HAVE TO

.. .

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ZORAN S
Campbellcroft, Canada
Reviewed 17 September 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night. We had reserved for 2, but were too disgusted to make it through the second night. We spent our second night up the road at the Compass Point Inn (which was a much, much better experience).
Our "non-smoking" room reeked of cigarette smoke, and there were cigarette burn marks in the bathroom. It felt like a hotel that caters to prostitutes.

If you are considering staying at a hotel in Surrey, do yourself a favour and check the reviews for the Compass Point Inn. Their rooms are well worth the extra $10-15/night.

Room Tip: Check out the Compass Point Inn instead.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gfcanada78
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed here a few weeks ago after booking through booking.com. The property was clean and at the end of the day, you get what you pay for. I couldn't ask for much considering I paid $75.00. The rooms are basic, more importantly, neat and tidy. The location is probably the most ideal aspect - close to skytrain which was a major plus on my list. I would recommend this property and know that I will be returning.

I would also recommend upgrading to the suites. I saw the rooms as I passed by them and regretted not booking them to begin with. They seemed a lot bigger, had sitting areas, had bar fridges, microwaves and stoves.

Room Tip: Upgrade to suites
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank J H
Pentiction
Reviewed 18 April 2012

The place was exceptionally quiet, and clean. Staff were generally nice and helpful. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite which had a separate bedroom from the living room and a kitchen. The price was fantastic. The located was central - close to transit, local shops, and parks. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank joanne b
Corona, California
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We stayed here for the Olympics, but only because nothing else was available by the time we booked. We arrived to find the sheets in our room weren't washed: lots of hair in the bed and on the pillows. Luckily we were allowed to switch rooms. The rooms all smell of cigarettes. The staff is decently friendly. You can definitely find better budget motels in the area. The only redeeming quality of this place is its proximity to the light-rail station and a shopping mall.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. If you do, throughly review the room before you settle in
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple