“Absolutely disgusting”
Review of Motel Hollywood

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Surrey
Motel Hollywood
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This motel is the worst piece of crap I have ever stayed at. When I checked in they put my husband and we got into a tiny little room. We asked if we could move to a bigger room and they did so. We got into a room with 2 queen beds. This room was disgusting. There were cigarette holes in the sheets. The stuffing from the pillow that they gave me was falling out. The mirror had a huge crack in it. A day later I was putting my shoes back on (I only took them off to sleep) I noticed that there was crack pipes under the bed. There was graffiti in the bathroom and on the headboards of the beds. The walls were all stained and there was mould growing near the window ceil. Anytime you went outside of the room the front desk would ask where you were going or bother you in anyway that they seemed to be fit. The towels and the sheets that they gave us were stained. It was loud at night and all you could ever hear were doors slamming and people stomping around. This place should definitely be shut down. I hope to god that one day it actually is!!

Room Tip: Please save yourself a lot of trouble and do not stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
15  Thank susie t
There are newer reviews for Motel Hollywood

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I was travelling with AlleyOFtheDEAD and his description of this Place is Brutally Accurate. I have stayed in a few run down places in my days of being a Carny so I didn't have too much problem with the Room we had on the First night aside from it being non-smoking. Night #2 was a whole different story... The Room was a total Dive, The Top Quilt on the Bed had a huge stain on it that appeared to be Blood and I refused it, they brought me a brand new one... Upon looking around the Room a bit I had mentioned that I had stayed in a Few Dives in my Time, but this has Got to be the Worst... This Place should be Condemned.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE!! You will be Safer and Cleaner at a Rest Stop on the Highway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank Herb_Toker
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Should have known better when I drove up to the flashing lights, Room #1 was passable other than obvious kicked in doorjambs, stained and filthy worn carpeting. Nite 2 room 2 was "ALMOST" fit for the people of the ALLEY OF THE DEAD on Hastings in Vancouver, but I'm sure they get better. Cigarette burned, stained, worn out carpet. Sort of patched up holes in walls, other areas where drywall/plaster literally falling off. As well, wallpaper peeling off walls to expose what appears to be black mold probably due to the leaking window frames which were tarred to stop the leak. Damaged/broken air conditioning, furniture with names burned into them, headboards with names of lovers gone through written in fingernail polish. We moved the night table from the wall for better lighting and .....not quite sure what it was behind there, agreed to call it beef jerky. Behind the main dresser was what appeared to be a weeks worth of garbage, obviously these owners don't believe in cleaning. The bathroom was just as bad, skipped the morning shower to stay clean....er.
STAY AWAY FROM THE LIGHTS!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay Away from the LIGHTS!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank AlleyOFtheDEAD
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Horrible service! Disgusting stinks like an ashtray floors felt like sand it was so dirty long ashes on the broken air conditioner as if someone had gotten high left the cigarette to burn as I was checking in a woman interrupts me and asks the manager to have a room for an hour! Are u kidding me? The sheets were disgusting the toilet was plugged then asking for a new room he sticks us in the storage room? Walls were ripped and had holes broken lamps sheets wet and wrinkly! This place should be shut down!! He tried keeping my money for being there for 10 minutes !
Horrible! I'd rather sleep on my vehicle!

• Stayed: June 2013
8  Thank CRUBY16
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

people try to come in our room, thinking no one was in the room. It was the hotel staff themselves,trying to get into the room, when my buddy open the door they took off and said "don't worry about it". They had duck tape holding stuff together in the washroom, carpet as old as the 70s, and old condoms melted into the outside of a old broken air conditioner still stuck in the window! This place should be shut Down! Wow Surrey is that bad they can't get rid of that HELL HOLE!!

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank reggeie
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I was rolling through town for a concert nearby Holland park, and wanted a safe place to park and store my bicycles. I walked in, and two guys who seemed to be relatives of the owner were clearly high on meth. I looked at the place, it was like a scene from a bad movie: busted walls, people living in rooms, general filth everywhere. Room was a mess. We quickly decided to leave. Add we got outside I've of the metheads was trying to get into my car.

It's safer to sleep on a highway rest area in your car than here.

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed 21 March 2013

When I entered the motel it looked not too bad. I was then showed to a room that was worse than the bates motel. The carpets looked like someone had crapped on them and when I checked the sheets I found blood on them and also they were filthy. I went down to the desk and told the clerk and he said that he would put me in a nice room. He proceeded to show me the " nice room". The place was a room that they stored their broken tvs and busted mattress's in. I again checked the bed and found that the sheets were filthy here also ( I dont think that they washed the sheets in this motel, they just move them from room to room ). There was hair all over the bath tub, the sink was filthy and someone had urinated on the toilet seat. The soap that was on the sink had been used already. I tried to get my money back but was refused as I had pulled the sheets back on the bed. The service was absolutely terrible. At 9:30 pm there was a phone call asking me if I could unlock the door so they could get a heater from the room .
I notice that there is an excellent review at the top of this page. I wonder which relative put that in. If anyone stays at this motel after reading this review than they deserve what they get.

Room Tip: do not stay at this motel period
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo