Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Reviewed 12 November 2012

This was my second time staying at this location. My first experience was riddled with inadequacies, but I was told that there was some new staff still in training and I figured I would give it a second shot.

As mentioned throughout the reviews, the hotel itself is mediocre, there are definitely nicer Holiday Inn's, but I can't complain. Rooms are decently sized, beds are comfy. No free breakfast.

Staff issues yet again. Not anything huge, however it is particularly annoying. First, I arrived and they tried to put me in a room with two doubles when I booked a king. Wifi didn't work, and despite me calling front office and being told someone would call me back with a solution, no one ever did. Overally disappointed with customer service. Also, as a Platinum Club member, all I got was a $0.30 bottle of Nestle water.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 November 2012

Choose Holliday Inn because of its exceptional service and was not let down at all with the quality of service when I arrived and the assistance in getting to my next destination. The front desk clerk Adeline went out of her way to ensure our comfort in regards to dining as well as sites to see in Vancouver. Room was exceptionally clean as well as all the amenaties were supplied for my comfort. On site restaurant Rockwells had great food as well as service. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We spent three nights at the Cloverdale Holiday Inn, we found it to be a very pleasent experience with friendly and "very" helpful staff!! Outstanding house keeping and cleaning. Even an extra handup from Jaz. Will make it our choice of hotel when ever we visit in that area. We had a Kingsize bedroom on the forth floor and found it quiet and the bed was excellent!!
We came up for my boyfriends 75th Birthday with family and so will be visiting that area again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynn L
Jas C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Thank you for your great review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. we hope to see again soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

The closest hotel to the US border, I stayed here and took my flight to Seattle, Great time saver.
Clean, comfortable and brand new. For a change, this hotel was located in a peacefull residential area.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review.It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

I stayed at Holiday Inn (Cloverdale) and found it to be extremely clean and the staff friendly. Not a bad location but what can you say .... it's Cloverdale. If found the staff more than willing to help and the room itself was larger and cleaner than most. Not bad value and would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank callted
Jas C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Thank you for your great feedback. We always try our best to make our guests feel welcomed and comfortable. It's great to hear you found our staff so helpful, i will pass this on to the team. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Everything that I would expect from a fine hotel was here. I was welcomed warmly and found my room new, clean and comfortable. The room was quiet with no outside noise, just some other guests chatting in the hallway. Pool was down for repair but coupon for the sports centre was offered. Wifi worked fine. I will recommend to my employer to accommodate other workers here.
A fridge n the room would have been a welcome addition. There is lots to eat in the immediate vicinity, including a grocery within walking distance.

Room Tip: 4th floor was very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your great comments. It's good to hear that you had a great stay with us. We would be very happy to have your associates stay with us.We look forward to your next stay and hope it will be a great one too.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

A no frills full-service hotel. Clean comfortable and fresh. Friendly staff. Bed was a little soft, and the AC was a little too loud. Other than that a decent option if you are in the area.

There is an attached restaurant that is open all day.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Dear Namit M,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. I appreciate the compliments on our clean hotel and friendly staff. I would like to offer a sincere apology. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise from the air conditioning unit. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Surrey
Guildford
Guildford
Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel
Newton
Best Western King George Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale? Share your experiences!