“Reasonably priced accommodations”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Vancouver, Canada
“Reasonably priced accommodations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012

Chose this hotel as our office Christmas party was being held in Cloverdale this year. Check in was quick and friendly. The room was nicely decorated and had all the amenities. They even give you a choice of pillow types. Our room was on the 3rd floor facing the main road. I was worried about the noise but since it didn't seem so bad when we checked in I thought it would be fine. Unfortunately, it was pretty noticeable in the early morning when there seemed to be a lot of truck traffic. Maybe try for a room on the other side of the hotel.

The staff was really helpful when we need a cab and friendly when we checked out the next day. Had breakfast at Rockwell's in the morning which was really good,

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

My husband and son and I stayed for 4 nights. Had a room on the 4th floor which was very quiet. Liked the location and proximity to Langley, where we were visiting our son and his family. The rooms were very clean and adequate. No microwave and no breakfast included in the room rate. The restaurant was nice and had lots to choose from and you could use the room service feature. Had to pay extra for the 3rd person. Liked the location, near a small shopping plaza for eating breakfast but not too busy like the Langley shopping area. Staff was very friendly and your room was promptly cleaned each morning.

Room Tip: Always like staying on the top floor where you get no noise from above.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012

I stayed here for a wedding from 11/22 - 11/26. It looks like a brand new hotel, everything is nice. Staff is friendly, location is close to food and other activities.

I will definitely stay here again. Say hi to Jas for me :)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Ellensburg, Washington, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

My first time in Canadian Holiday Express,

Check in, not as easy as planned, got my room key and hauled a weeks worth of luggage to the 3rd floor and the room key did not work. Went all the way back down to the front desk and they gave me a new roomkey and changed my room. The room was typical in size, surprisingly no microwave, decor was good, clean. when I stay for a week or soI rely on the microvavw, so after 1 day I requested a room with a microwave, luckily they bumped me to a larger room with a microwave whichwas generous. There are lots of nearby restaurants and fast food, I opted for healthy and went to the grocery store 1 block away, and found it extremely expensive as is all things in BC.
I was hankeringfora cup of decaff tea so I went to the hotel restaurant, which resembled a new age dark speakeasy from the 50's. I was shocked after I was given a bill for $3 form 1 cup of lipton tea, shocked I opted back to the grocery store for a little better savings.
Upon leaving, I checked around the bed tomake sure I didnt leave anything behind and found a receipt for condoms and lube from a month prior, so 2 things, I take back how good the maids are, and also i'm glad I found that on my lastday or I might have had to ask for another room.
Pool looked looked nice and the hotel is newer, so this would be a good option.
Watch out in the morningsand afternoons, HEAVY traffic!

Room Tip: Many priority club options to choose from, including pizza every night, or points, or even McDonalds...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Jas C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale, responded to this review, 23 November 2012
We are terribly sorry to hear about the receipt you found under the bed; housekeeping is looking into this while all hotel rooms have been strip cleaned for future care. Please also accept our apologies for the room key problems you faced upon arrival at the hotel. We always strive to give our guests the best possible welcome and are disappointed to hear that your keys were not working.
We are happy to hear you appreciated the complimentary upgrade to one of our spacious executive suites. Though it is unfortunate that the cost of living is high and rush hour traffic is a nuisance, it is the price we pay to be in such a beautiful part of the world.
Our onsite restaurant, Rockwells Bar & Grill, does have two sections, both a bright, open plan restaurant and a darker bar & lounge side. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience there and will pass your comments on to the restaurant.
We thank you for your invaluable feedback and hope that overall you were able to enjoy your stay with us. We look forward to improving upon these items for your next stay. Thank you
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

This was my second time staying at this location. My first experience was riddled with inadequacies, but I was told that there was some new staff still in training and I figured I would give it a second shot.

As mentioned throughout the reviews, the hotel itself is mediocre, there are definitely nicer Holiday Inn's, but I can't complain. Rooms are decently sized, beds are comfy. No free breakfast.

Staff issues yet again. Not anything huge, however it is particularly annoying. First, I arrived and they tried to put me in a room with two doubles when I booked a king. Wifi didn't work, and despite me calling front office and being told someone would call me back with a solution, no one ever did. Overally disappointed with customer service. Also, as a Platinum Club member, all I got was a $0.30 bottle of Nestle water.

Hershey, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

Choose Holliday Inn because of its exceptional service and was not let down at all with the quality of service when I arrived and the assistance in getting to my next destination. The front desk clerk Adeline went out of her way to ensure our comfort in regards to dining as well as sites to see in Vancouver. Room was exceptionally clean as well as all the amenaties were supplied for my comfort. On site restaurant Rockwells had great food as well as service. Highly recommend this hotel.

Port Angeles, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

We spent three nights at the Cloverdale Holiday Inn, we found it to be a very pleasent experience with friendly and "very" helpful staff!! Outstanding house keeping and cleaning. Even an extra handup from Jaz. Will make it our choice of hotel when ever we visit in that area. We had a Kingsize bedroom on the forth floor and found it quiet and the bed was excellent!!
We came up for my boyfriends 75th Birthday with family and so will be visiting that area again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lynn L
Jas C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Thank you for your great review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. we hope to see again soon.