“Life savers!”

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Kelowna, Canada
“Life savers!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I, being down in the area for school, had not even thought to reserve rooms at every location I would be staying(Its vancouver area, tonnes of hotels.. or so I thought). I had just gotten off my night shift(7am) and planned on driving to a hotel near the next location of my next shift in New Westminister(starting at 3:30pm same day). Driving to the New West area I had to pull over to nap; I was exhausted. When I finally got to the hotel I planned on staying at I was informed they were full. All the hotels were full. IT WAS A LONG WEEKEND. oops didn't notice that on the calendars. They sent me to another one thinking maybe a room was available. Still nothing; after calling around for me they found one, the Days Inn in Surrey. "They aren't as a high a class as our hotel though" the clerk warned me, "but if it were my daughter I would rather she goes there than her car". The car was my next option. After getting lost on the way over the bridge to Surrey I had a wee bit of trouble finding the place (maybe the sleep deprivation), it had to be accessed on the side of the hwy going towards the bridge to New West( this is the only issue I had with them). After getting some directions I finally arrived, it was beautiful! I waited patiently as the Desk clerk patiently dealt with the customer in front of me. This place was full. I told her I wanted to check in. She was a little shocked. It was 11:30 and people were still checking out let alone that they had rooms cleaned yet. I explained my situation and she listened kindly, told me to sit down and she would have a room for me as soon as possible. By 12pm I was in a nice room( high ceilings, soft bed.. overall much better shape of a building than that "higher class" hotel that helped me fined this place) and I was able to get a little sleep before my next shift! When I awoke I was excited to find that the room had its own kurig-type machine! It was a perfect shot of energy to start the next part of my day! Coming back after my shift it was much easier to find the hotel now that I knew where it was, even in the dark. I had to park in the overflow part next to a some large trucks but it was close enough and well lit enough that I didn't have to worry in the middle of the night of having who knows what happen. The night desk clerk was again very pleasant and made sure I needed nothing before I headed up to my room. One of the best sleeps of my life!!!! Finally rested I was able to enjoy my shower and fancy kurig drink. Checking out I was again greeted by smiling kind workers who offered to help me with my bags. I was off to my next destination.
TO SUM ALL THAT UP: good location, kind of hard to get to going from the one direction, nice new building, well cleaned(even when rushed), excellent staff: accommodating(even on a long weekend), friendly, helpful. Overall I was very happy!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
laurieY98, Manager at Days Inn Surrey, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
First off I would like to thank you for staying with us through the years. Many of our business is from guests like you who have stayed on many occasions. We appreciate your patronage. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2013

when I came to the days inn, I wasnt really expecting too much. however I was literally blown away with the level of customer service i received. The workers there are very polite, even the room cleaners. The front desk assistant was very helpful with all of my inquiries. And above all else, its conveniently located right across the street from the sky train. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nick S
laurieY98, General Manager at Days Inn Surrey, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for your review, it was a pleasure meeting you, and please come back soon
Rothesay, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

We made a confirmed booking, asking for main floor, over a month in advance. When we arrived around 3 PM, all that was left was a room (#115) with a shower only. It seemed OK until we tried to use the shower. Water runs over half of the bathroom floor. I slipped on the floor tiles. Add to that, there was no shelf for soap & shampoo. I improvised by turning over the trash can and using the bottom as a shelf. We asked for a room change & were told when we returned that we had too many things for them to carry. In the room were a laptop, a backpack, 2 toiletry bags, about 3 items of clothing hanging in the closet and a few items on the fridge.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Glenn G
laurieY98, Manager at Days Inn Surrey, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Im very sorry for you stay, we at the Days Inn would never ignore anyone,
if you could please call me at the Days Inn Surrey 604-585-2300 and ask for the Manager her name is Laurie

Grande Prairie
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This was our first trip to the Vancouver area and picking a hotel was tricky. Parking was great as well as the help we received about using the sky train. The room was adequate but a professional renovation should be planned for. We'll stay closer to downtown next time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada