“Reluctant service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Surrey
Surrey
“Reluctant service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

There's a lot of extra-curricular activities here with people wandering in and out and a lot of, what appears to be, family of the management using the space. We had to leave early in the morning and the person at the front desk was not able/willing to give us our receipt when we left and I'm still trying to get the second receipt sent to me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

2 Thank Kirk G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have stayed at the Days Inn on 3 separate occasions and all 3 times have been great. The staff are extremely helpful. I felt welcome the moment I walked in, not to mention the rates. Days Inn rates are unbeatable. I am a very frugal person so I love a good deal especially in this economy. The hotel is on a great location. During the olympics I hopped on to the skytrain which was literally across the street. It saved me time, gas and paying for parking. They offer breakfast and there are lots of restaurants close by and one of the main bridges is a minute away. I highly recommend this Hotel. Its fairly new and super clean.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank p c
Saint John, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I booked this hotel ahead by at least 6 weeks, after reading they had an award from Trip Advisor. The hotel is clean but the front desk clerk was not at he desk when we arived past 11pm and took awhile for him to arrive from a room behind the lobby. When he checked us in, he took my credit card, explained that there would be a charge if we smoked in the room He then made 3 calls and I asked if there was a problem and he said it does not show my room being ready yet and as stated earlier, this is at past 11pm. When we got to the room, was clean, and all was OK. Next morning went for breakfast,usual ceral, bolied egg, some pan cakes. warm orange juice. I noticed a bad smeil comming from the garbage area and told the woman, she said she will check it out and never did. I thnkit was from the garbage not being emptied for awhile, and old food stuffs inside, which also I noticed Fruit Flies all over the place. When we got back to our room, I tried to turn on the TV and would not work. I called down stairs and the manager said was from the boy playing with the remote. I siad you listen here, the boy was not plating with the remote. I turned the TV off and tried to turn it on this morning. e said you can not use the remote to turn off the TV and turn it on. I said where does it state any place in this room that the remote is only to contol chanels via the digital box?He has old TV in the room, tube type. Any way I got upset about this time and told him I have no idea how you got an award, but between the smell in the dinig area, the tv etc, I will be giving a review not as good on servie experenced here. Except for that, the stay was OK and when I got angry, they did got he extra mile and room was done up well on after being out al day visiting sites in Vancouver for the second night of our stay

Room Tip: Rear of the Hotel is away from the street
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rob K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We had such a wonderful stay at this hotel with friends and family. We would recommend it to friends. The staff are very kind and helpful. We felt welcomed the second I walked in through the doors. The location was very good having be right near the sky-train and mall and other nice locations. The rooms and overall hotel were very clean and...

Best value for money. Will definitely consider for future trip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Bhavesh D
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Go for it when nothing is available in Downtown as it's about 25 miles from downtown.

Pros: Budget friendly, decent rooms, WIFI, Car parking free. Service is decent.
Cons: Far off from Downtown. Hallways are a little dark and hotel needs renovation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Vinodh S
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I had such a wonderful stay at this hotel and I would recommend it To everyone. The staff are very kind and helpful. I felt welcomed the second I walked in through the doors. The location was very good having be right near the sky-train and mall and other nice locations. The rooms and overall hotel were very clean and well maintained. The breakfast sausage and rest of the food were very fulfilling. It was all cooked right to my standards. I'm very happy I chose this hotel for my stay and think anyone that is staying in the surrey area should walk through these doors and give it a stay. You won't be disappointed !

• Stayed June 2014