“Tremendous service and value”

Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Seattle, Washington
“Tremendous service and value”
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I am a Starwood Member and was treated like a king on my visit. I was given a terrific room, some refreshments along with a personal note from the GM, and great service from top to bottom. All at a rate half of what I would have paid in downtown Vancouver...not to mention the parking rates there. Only negative is the traffic getting downtown...not their fault! Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
ColinWaddell, Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2011
Thank you so much for your rave review. We're delighted to hear that your stay went so well!

All of us at the hotel - especially those associates who commute over the Port Mann Bridge daily - can't wait for the Port Mann / Highway 1 Construction Project to be complete! The new bridge is scheduled to be operational by December 2012, with the entire project due to be complete in 2013.

There are several websites where the project is being captured by different HD cameras in real time with adjustable time/date stamps to see how much work has been complete. It a fun perspective.

Thank you once more for the review and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Korean first
fort st john
Reviewed 9 June 2011

i am still staying i pay them before i get here than no fridge in the room they charge 10 dollar
internet is not free 9.99 dollar day
parking 20 dolar
no microwave i ask them but they said no they dont have it
restourant ther is not much choise to eat

i cant belive it
stayed in so many hotel first time i ever meet hotel dont have fridge in the room and they are charging for fridge
ambarassing hotel for sheraton
dont recomended any one

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank AbeAnderson
John_Kearns, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

We're disappointed that your stay has not been a positive one thus far, but I'd like to repond to some of your concerns:

The $10 dollar fee for having a fridge in your room covers the cost of delivery, pickup and cleaning - the fee is one-time for the duration of your stay. Should the fridge have been required for medical reasons, we would be more than happy to provide it on a complimentary basis.

Though there is a fee for use of internet in guest rooms, we offer complimentary internet at our "Link @ Sheraton" business area computers in the lobby for all guests.

Parking is $9 for a 24 hour period. Our parking lot is gated and patrolled by security so we feel there is value offered to our guests who choose to park in our lot versus outside.

The majority of our guest rooms are not equipped with microwaves, but corner suites can be requested - based on availability - and these do have microwaves and fridges.

Our full-service restaurant has a breakfast, lunch and dinner menu, plus a lighter lounge and late night menu. We also offer weekly Friday night specials and a Sunday Brunch; however, we're sorry that you found the selection not to your liking.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel if you feel that there are other issues to be discussed.

Yours Sincerely

John Kearns
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Stay here with my family for the long weekend. Those front desk staffs are trained to smile, but show no sign to help. Wireless Internet is charged, but useless! Parking is charged, it is not even in Downtown. We won't go back!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank cs8888
ColinWaddell, Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We're very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay.

Though there is a fee to use wireless internet in guest rooms, we do offer free wireless internet in our lobby at "Link @ Sheraton" - guests can use their own computer or one of five at this facility. We would have been happy to try and assist if you were having internet problems at the time - if it was not working at all in your room, we would have been pleased to adjust your bill accordingly.

We feel that our parking rate offers value for our guests in that it is patrolled by security, gated (and secured overnight) and protected from the elements. Admittedly, we are not downtown, and the rate - a fraction of the downtown parking rates - reflects this.

I am concerned that you feel our front office associates did not truly care about your experience and did not offer to help. If you would like to speak about details, I would encourage you to contact me directly at colin.waddell@sheratonguildford.com. We'd like to do anything we can to leave you feeling more positive about your experience with us.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review and I look forward to hearing from you.
Burns Lake, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2011

My wife and I stayed on Floor 15, a Starwood preferred floor. Wee there for the K of C convention. Very nice and clean. There was a daily Internet charge but I have stayed at the Hilton and the Marriott in Richmond and they charge too. That is a minor ithing, but it is amazing to me that you can stay at a Super 8 pr La Quinta and get free Internet. At the Fairmont, you only need to be a Presidents Club member to get free Internet. Maybe Starwood members should have free Internet. The food in the restaurant was good although a little overpriced. I had a gift certificate so that didn't wound me too bad, except for tip. The staff is exceptional and the location is quite nice with the mall and the rec center nearby. If you are driving, the hotel is easy to access from the Number 1 and the airport. Overall I enjoyed it and we had a very good convention experience with the K of C. Well done!

Room Tip: Be a Starwood member.
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2011

There was a large group of us from all over British Columbia and Yukon that came down to the hotel for a 4 day conference and all that I can say is that the hotel did an amazing job in everything that they did. The staff went way beyond the call of duty and made sure that we were well taken care of. The restaurant food was quite good....the service a bit slow on one day and one elevator broke down for a short period...but overall I can say that this was a very fine experience and anyone that wants to be treated like an extra special guest should come to the Vancouver Guildford Sheraton hotel.

1 Thank MikeSteffen096
Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2011

While this hotel has lovely amenities, great room setup, quality finishings, good location as a business traveller I left feeling frustrated. The on-site restaurant was over priced ($25-$30 per person on avg) and extremely slow (1.5 hrs for a group of 6 at 7 a.m.) The wireless Internet is not at all useful, it was painfully slow and the kiosk type computers in the lobby were equally inadequate. I liked the hotel overall and if business productivity wasn't a priority these deficiencies wouldn't have bothered me.

• Stayed February 2011
ColinWaddell, Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback. I'm extremely pleased to hear your compliments regarding our recently-renovated rooms and amenities, but I'm left with deep concerns about specifics with your recent stay. We pride ourselves in being a premier hotel for the business traveler and as such, I would like invite you to email me in order to learn a little more about your experiences and see what we can do to restore your confidence in us should there be an opportunity to stay with us as a business traveler in the future. My personal email is: colin.waddell@sheratonguildford.com

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel and I look forward to hearing from you.
Mill Bay, Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2011

My wife and I have been staying at Sheraton Guidlford for several years now and I would like to take the time to comment on this excellent establishment. Without fail we have always received friendly, competent and courteous service at this hotel. The rooms are large, classy, comfortable and impeccably clean. The Fresh Restaurant serves quality food, which is a bit on the pricey side but worth it in my opinion. I noticed on our last visit that the elevators had been upgraded and increased security (you must swipe your room key to activate) has been implemented, something we both appreciate. For us a satisfying hotel stay means comfort, cleanliness and above all good service. The Sheraton Guildford has never disappointed us. A great place to stay!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple