“Nicely done”

Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Beautiful room on 20th floor with a large spacious layout. Comfortable bed and quiet, just what I love. Got to enjoy the Club lounge on the 21st floor. Lounge is a little small for number of people that show up at times, but view was great and snacks appreciated. The gym was nice and bright with full height windows facing onto the pool area. It can be hot in the afternoon in the full sun. Only 3 elevators and then can be slow at times. Used the shuttle service to get Skytrain to the airport. Can't beat $5.50 cost to airport and get a tour of Vancouver.
Only problem I had with my room was shower in 2011 would suddenly cycle to full hot water. Even tried taking cooler showers but still would get burned. Suspect the temperature balancing sensor defective.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

What a great and detailed review. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us, it sounds like you made the most out of your visit. I've let engineering know about the the water temp in 2011.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Recently stayed at the Sheraton on the 17th floor. I haven't been there in years and was really impressed with the renovations that have apparently been going on for awhile. The room that we stayed in was nicely decorated and the bed linens were gorgeous! The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was spotless. There was complimentary bottled water each day and the option to receive a coupon if you didn't have a change of linens.
We ate breakfast both days we were there in the "Fresh" restaurant/lounge and the food was EXCELLENT and brought to us by our server, Loula, who was an absolute delight with her ready smile! We also went to the lounge both evenings and Karen looked after us with her easy-going but professional way.
My only criticisms are the extra charge for parking ($9.95 a day), which I guess isn't unheard of in the city, but also an additional charge for internet of $9.95. However, I would definitely stay here again. It was a really good location for us in visiting family.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Wow, what a great review. Thank you. We will celebrate the associates that you've mentioned. We appreciate your comments and glad that you wanted to share this with everyone on TripAdvisor.

Director Sales of Marketing

Reviewed 30 April 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton for one night in April. I stayed on the 14th which gave us the most incredible view of the mountains. The room we stayed in was a very good size, clean, well laid out, and modern. However, the bathroom was quite dated which was disappointing. I found that the hotel found every way to get more money from me. I had to pay for parking and wifi. The room service was ridiculously expensive for mediocre food. The pool and hot tub are outdoors and very underwhelming. I expect more when I hear the name Sheraton. The bed also wasn't that comfortable. I have also stayed at the Holiday Inn Express just down the street from the Sheraton and would pick the Holiday Inn over the Sheraton any day, and save money doing it. It was overall a nice hotel, I just wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

We appreciate your comments and I'm sorry that we missed on your expectations. We offer many different rates and packages, some of which have items included. From your profile, I see that you're a local Surrey resident please connect with me as I'd like to hear your thoughts in more detail.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Great service. Great rooms. The service staff were very friendly and accommodating. The location to the Guildford mall was wonderful. Great eateries close by. Rooms are really sound proof no traffic noise. Rooms were clean and bed were very comfortable

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Thanks for the great review. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Great location with lots of restaurants and a large shopping centre (Guildford) right across the street. The staff were helpful and did their best to please. But it is a shame the hotel has to charge $9.95 a day for parking and another $9.95 for internet. Where most other hotels include these items. On a five day stay you pay another $100 for the parking and internet.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Thanks for the great comments and the appreciation for our location and staff. Guildford Town Centre will have it's Grand re-opening in August with 70 new stores. I understand your concern about the parking and internet, however we do offer many guestroom rate plans and several include these items. You can always check out sheratonguildford.com/offers to see the options.

If you'd like to stay in touch with us, please check us out on facebook - facebook.com/sheratonguildford

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Guildford for two nights while on business in March 2013. The room was very comfortable with fluffy duvets and comfy pillows. The room was spacious without being too large. The bathroom was a comfortable size. I ate all of my meals at the restaurant in the lobby and they were all excellent, good quality with super service.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for the great reponse. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and our serivce. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

If you want to keep in touch with us check out our facebook page - facebook.com/sheratonguildford

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We showed up at this hotel with a soccer team and the entire entourage for a total of 25 people. With the whitecaps tournament that weekend,most of the hotel was reserved by soccer teams.
To my surprise , we did not feel the tremendous pressure that the staff was put under. They were incredible with response time, flexibility and quality of service. I was marked by an amazing customer service of Mrs. Alborz at the front desk who helped our group with all logistics needed to attend to a big group.
The restaurant was ok and needed some time to adjust but after the 2nd day, everything was like clock work. Yes we finished every piece of bread they had at the hotel at our arrival. Rooms were clean and service was impeccable.
I dont have anything bad to say about this hotel and would highly recommend it.
Make sure to go for a run or walk at the park next to it. The Hotel is located perfectly next to many restaurants and big stores.

hope it helps

Room Tip: get the mountain view.