“Not your typical Sheraton”

Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Calgary, Canada
“Not your typical Sheraton”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This hotel is charge after charge after charge,

1) parking is 9.00 per night
2) internet access in your room is $19.00 per day
3) no fridge in your room
4) booking it a Sheraton.com allows you to choose the rate and options like free breakfast, internet ect, but automatically defaults to a lower rate and you will have to pay for these items at the hotel.

in my opinion find another hotel, like I said above, not your typical Sheraton.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Garett L
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Sorry you felt this way about the hotel. We do have several rate options available, some which are offered only a short period of time and each differs with the inclusions of amenities.

Thanks for taking your time to review the hotel.

Sheraton Guildford

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Korean first
Calgary AB
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Stayed here for one night on business in June, it was very close to my meeting location. King room originally assigned was right next to elevator and I am a light sleeper so they moved me to a room with two doubles with no problems (not my preference). It did have a fantastic mountain view. I am surprised that there was no other room on the preferred floors available (I am a preferred member) but I guess it's possible,
Internet costs extra in the room and I was told that the lobby internet was free but after multiple failed attempts found out that I needed a password (why they didn't tell me when I checked in or called I'm not sure)
My bathroom counter had some sort of substance spilled all over it (toothpaste? hair gel?) which was so obvious - I questioned the hygiene and the cleanliness of the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the mountains to the north?
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thanks to taking the time to write about your experience at Sheraton Guildford. Your review has been given to the housekeeping department to review our practices and quality control. We're sorry that this was your experience with us.

Please let me know if you'll be in our area again, as we'd like to have you stay with us again.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

We had a large conference group staying there; hotel was not prepared and service deplorable. Waited literally hours for food and room service. Very frustrating. I felt they took our money and did little else.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank J S
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
I'm sorry that this was your experience with our hotel. Their have been a few exceptionally busy weekends and we are aware of the challenges we had with delivery of service for our In-Room Dining. Our management team has reviewed this and it will be better in the future during our busy times.

We welcome you to stay with us again.

Calgary
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I actually give them 4 1/2 out of 5. I have rarely stayed anywhere where the staff was as friendly as helpful as the front desk and management at the Sheraton Guildford.
This is a beautiful hotel with a very nice restaurant and bar. It is perfect for business travelers and for club functions. The location is not touristy, but it is close to Hwy 1 and about one mile away there is a lovely treed park with trails for walking and jogging.
The buffet breakfast is about average for a hotel of this quality. $18 was a fair price for this.

But what made my stay memorable was the outstanding service.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
What a great review, thanks for taking your time to respond. It's sounds like you got to know the hotel and area. Please visit us again.
Safe Travels,

Montreal
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Beautiful room on 20th floor with a large spacious layout. Comfortable bed and quiet, just what I love. Got to enjoy the Club lounge on the 21st floor. Lounge is a little small for number of people that show up at times, but view was great and snacks appreciated. The gym was nice and bright with full height windows facing onto the pool area. It can be hot in the afternoon in the full sun. Only 3 elevators and then can be slow at times. Used the shuttle service to get Skytrain to the airport. Can't beat $5.50 cost to airport and get a tour of Vancouver.
Only problem I had with my room was shower in 2011 would suddenly cycle to full hot water. Even tried taking cooler showers but still would get burned. Suspect the temperature balancing sensor defective.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
What a great and detailed review. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us, it sounds like you made the most out of your visit. I've let engineering know about the the water temp in 2011.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Penticton
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Recently stayed at the Sheraton on the 17th floor. I haven't been there in years and was really impressed with the renovations that have apparently been going on for awhile. The room that we stayed in was nicely decorated and the bed linens were gorgeous! The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was spotless. There was complimentary bottled water each day and the option to receive a coupon if you didn't have a change of linens.
We ate breakfast both days we were there in the "Fresh" restaurant/lounge and the food was EXCELLENT and brought to us by our server, Loula, who was an absolute delight with her ready smile! We also went to the lounge both evenings and Karen looked after us with her easy-going but professional way.
My only criticisms are the extra charge for parking ($9.95 a day), which I guess isn't unheard of in the city, but also an additional charge for internet of $9.95. However, I would definitely stay here again. It was a really good location for us in visiting family.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Wow, what a great review. Thank you. We will celebrate the associates that you've mentioned. We appreciate your comments and glad that you wanted to share this with everyone on TripAdvisor.

Director Sales of Marketing
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton for one night in April. I stayed on the 14th which gave us the most incredible view of the mountains. The room we stayed in was a very good size, clean, well laid out, and modern. However, the bathroom was quite dated which was disappointing. I found that the hotel found every way to get more money from me. I had to pay for parking and wifi. The room service was ridiculously expensive for mediocre food. The pool and hot tub are outdoors and very underwhelming. I expect more when I hear the name Sheraton. The bed also wasn't that comfortable. I have also stayed at the Holiday Inn Express just down the street from the Sheraton and would pick the Holiday Inn over the Sheraton any day, and save money doing it. It was overall a nice hotel, I just wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
We appreciate your comments and I'm sorry that we missed on your expectations. We offer many different rates and packages, some of which have items included. From your profile, I see that you're a local Surrey resident please connect with me as I'd like to hear your thoughts in more detail.