“Decent stay for a family of 4”

Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Myself, wife, and our 2 kids recently stayed here on a layover to the Southern Gulf Islands. We arrived in town quite late and the hotel was very easy to find. The staff was very friendly and we certainly enjoyed the convenience of underground parking (this comes at a cost however). We were awed bye the amazing room service breakfast. Best room service I have ever had on a trip (was approx. $50.00 for the whole meal which is not too bad for 4 people). The bedding was very comfortable along with the beds. I would recommend this hotel as a short term stay or layover. It is right beside 152 st. and close to the #1 Highway then it is a straight shot south to #10 Highway then onto the 99 and heading to the airport or to the ferry terminal or even the US border.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Cheers! Thanks for the great review and the tips about the location. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I have stayed in many starwood hotels such as the sheraton, however, this hotel quality isn't as like the others.

I'm own a boutique Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand called Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 and if i was to offer this kind of service i probably wouldn't be getting many guests as I do now. I'm sorry, but there is no Shower cap, there is no fridge (huge disappointment) and the rooms are pretty old looking...not to a sheraton standard at all. The lobby is very quiet and dull and so is the lobby Bar, not tempting at all. There's no one to help assist you to carry the bags in and out of your car and in and out of the rooms, for a sheraton standard, this service has to be offered !

What i like though is the free wifi offered if you stayed in though you have to click the submit button that you'll be paying and once checked out its waved. Free Parking for guests as i stayed for 3 nights before heading to whistler. But thats it. Hotel needs more servicing staffs for sure to take extra care for the hospitality of the guests.

Its an average hotel, i'm sorry, with only 3 stars.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dalvir N

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes, the amenity standards are different between the North American & Asian hotels with the nuances or shower caps and fridges. We have introduced Sheraton Social Hour in the lobby bar on Tues, Wed & Thurs where we feature excellent wines and have a local musician on the piano.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

This was my second time to this hotel. I have never been disappointed with the facility or the service. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The facility is very clean and comfortable. It's the next best thing to being home. I have stayed at other hotels in the area and prefer this one.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Glad you enjoyed your stay, we appreciate the 5/5!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

This hotel is charge after charge after charge,

1) parking is 9.00 per night
2) internet access in your room is $19.00 per day
3) no fridge in your room
4) booking it a Sheraton.com allows you to choose the rate and options like free breakfast, internet ect, but automatically defaults to a lower rate and you will have to pay for these items at the hotel.

in my opinion find another hotel, like I said above, not your typical Sheraton.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Garett L

Sorry you felt this way about the hotel. We do have several rate options available, some which are offered only a short period of time and each differs with the inclusions of amenities.

Thanks for taking your time to review the hotel.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Stayed here for one night on business in June, it was very close to my meeting location. King room originally assigned was right next to elevator and I am a light sleeper so they moved me to a room with two doubles with no problems (not my preference). It did have a fantastic mountain view. I am surprised that there was no other room on the preferred floors available (I am a preferred member) but I guess it's possible,
Internet costs extra in the room and I was told that the lobby internet was free but after multiple failed attempts found out that I needed a password (why they didn't tell me when I checked in or called I'm not sure)
My bathroom counter had some sort of substance spilled all over it (toothpaste? hair gel?) which was so obvious - I questioned the hygiene and the cleanliness of the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the mountains to the north?
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Thanks to taking the time to write about your experience at Sheraton Guildford. Your review has been given to the housekeeping department to review our practices and quality control. We're sorry that this was your experience with us.

Please let me know if you'll be in our area again, as we'd like to have you stay with us again.

Ryan

Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

We had a large conference group staying there; hotel was not prepared and service deplorable. Waited literally hours for food and room service. Very frustrating. I felt they took our money and did little else.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank J S
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

I'm sorry that this was your experience with our hotel. Their have been a few exceptionally busy weekends and we are aware of the challenges we had with delivery of service for our In-Room Dining. Our management team has reviewed this and it will be better in the future during our busy times.

We welcome you to stay with us again.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

I actually give them 4 1/2 out of 5. I have rarely stayed anywhere where the staff was as friendly as helpful as the front desk and management at the Sheraton Guildford.
This is a beautiful hotel with a very nice restaurant and bar. It is perfect for business travelers and for club functions. The location is not touristy, but it is close to Hwy 1 and about one mile away there is a lovely treed park with trails for walking and jogging.
The buffet breakfast is about average for a hotel of this quality. $18 was a fair price for this.

But what made my stay memorable was the outstanding service.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

What a great review, thanks for taking your time to respond. It's sounds like you got to know the hotel and area. Please visit us again.
Safe Travels,