“Convenient Surrey location, lots of extra costs”

Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Port Townsend, Washington
“Convenient Surrey location, lots of extra costs”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The location is convenient to Guildford mall and just a short trip to the skytrain for transport into Vancouver. The room was clean but the air conditioning exceptionally noisy.

The staff were kind and helpful. If you choose this hotel, just be prepared that almost everything is "extra." You will pay for parking, internet access and breakfast. This was an additional $45 a night for one person. Plan ahead when you consider the cost of this hotel. You may find a slightly more expensive hotel that provides these services for free might actually be the better bargain.

Room Tip: We did not find road a noise an issue on the North side and enjoyed the mountain views.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thanks for writing about your experience with us. We are currently in the process of reviewing our rates and inclusions, and we appreciate your comments.

Safe travels, we look forward to your next visit!

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Korean first
Battle Ground, Washington, United States
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The hotel itself is very beautiful inside and out. The staff were very friendly and helped us find our way to downtown Vancouver using their FREE shuttle service to the Sky Train center. The hotel room was a good size with a nice view of the city of Surrey. Plenty of places within walking distance, such as the local mall, coffee, restaurants etc. We did not like that they charged $9 per night to park in the hotel parking garage or that the Wifi cost $9.95 per day to use.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
We're glad you enjoyed tour stay. Thanks for taking the time to post your experience.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights with Starwood points...which one would think mean that you're a 'special repeat customer.' Using Starwood points to pay for your stay seems to actually mean to the Sheraton, 'put me in the worst room you can find in your hotel.' So, they gave us a room on the 10th floor. The carpets were stained, the bed skirt had a black, greasy stain on it, the furniture was beaten up with dents, scrapes and chunks missing, and the room had a very offensive smell. The air conditioner sounded like a jet taking off each time it turned on. We stayed in this room for two nights and asked the front desk to move us, which they did to the 17th floor. Our second room was more in line with what we would expect from a Sheraton, clean room, nicer furniture and the air conditioner was quiet.
Now, the restaurant. We decided to eat breakfast at the Sheraton restaurant before hitting the road the morning we left. There were only 2 other people in there and we should have taken that as a sign. We ordered the eggs benedict. I don't know what they were passing for hollandaise sauce, but that absolutely was not it. It was a bright yellow, watery, tasteless topping on the eggs. Speaking of the eggs, I asked for over easy and received hard boiled. I'm not exaggerating at all. I pointed this out to our server, and she apologized saying that the chef was new. I'm not sure how an egg over easy can be so difficult. Our daughter ordered pancakes. My husband and I were finished our breakfast before our daughters breakfast came. When it did, the pancakes were completely raw pancake batter in the middle. Really?! I was now doubting that the cook was competent at all. Our server apologized once again and ran off to have the 'chef' make a new batch. At this point we had been there 45 minutes and our daughter hadn't even eaten. It was ridiculous. She did get her food, eventually and overall our breakfast was disgusting. I saw our server bringing all this to the manager's attention but he never came over to our table to apologize for our terrible experience there. We never complained, and they deducted my breakfast and my daughters, whereas at this point, the whole thing should have been free. Truly, we do not recommend this hotel but if you do stay here, be sure to eat somewhere else.

2 Thank FelloTravler
Thanks for the time to write this response to your stay with us. I appreciate your additional time in connecting with me over the phone, I'm sorry that this was your experience.

Safe Travels,

Vancouver, Washington, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed at this property with two kids under 4. The staff was so helpful and kind! The location is good, great access to everything. The room was very nice and clean and spacious! Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thanks for recognizing us as a great family hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2013

The hotel is fine overall and they have a nice staff. Road traffic on the south side of the building is noisy. The airconditioning/heater units can be noisy. Very comfortable beds and big bathrooms. The gym is well-stocked with exercise equipment and is very clean. Pool is small but nice. Computers in the lobby are very handy.

Room Tip: Less traffic noise on the north side of the building. Pull card keys out fast to open door!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thanks for the great review. We're working through replacing the air conditioning units, my apologies that you had a noisy one during your stay.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I visited Vancouver 3 times for business trip and every time, I stay in this hotel.

- Hotel is at very good location (Guildford Town Center is just across the road, close to the #1 Highway)
- Hotel staffs are welcoming
- Very quiet inside the room
- Rooms are very clean and fresh
- Breakfast is good

Worst Part:
- They don't have fridge and microwave in all rooms
- Only corner rooms have this facility, So, I always ask for it
- shuttle bus service is very poor; every other day it gets break down

Room Tip: They don't have fridge and microwave in all rooms; only corner room has Fridge and Microwave.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank AdyaLovesTraveling
Thanks for your review, we're glad that you enjoy our location. It's great that you use our shuttle service, I've sent your comment to the Director of Engineering to look into.

Seattle
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We were a family of 4 - stayed here for 2 days on a weekend just recently. I am quite disappointed as the staff was pretty friendly in the past, but somehow the weekend that we were there, the hotel was busy with tourists. So the staff was not helpful at all. I didn't get the sense that they are courteous, lively. Instead, I got a straight-faced, business-like demeanor. Our booking says complimentary breakfast, but when we checked in, we were provided with complimentary breakfast for 2 only. Their breakfast was overpriced, and it says "full breakfast buffet." However, for the price of $19.95 per person, it was not a full breakfast buffet spread at all. I paid $30 for my 2 kids, money I could have spent elsewhere with better choices. The room and the hallway are not your typical Sheraton. Boring, dull. The beds were what keeps me coming back because they are comfy. The location is good because it is close to Highway 1, and all the shopping and restaurants. We ended up having dinner and breakfast at nearby restaurants. I'm surprised that a review from Dalvir says "free parking." I paid $9 a day for ours. Overall, it's just an ordinary hotel. Also, we didn't get a refrigerator. Now I know you'd have to ask for one when you book.

I'd like to pay for the experience - sorry but I didn't get it here this time.

Room Tip: Make sure to spend your green dollars while you are there. Otherwise, it's useless.
1 Thank SweetnessinSeattle
Thanks for your detailed review. The hotel offers many different rates, at different times and not all have the same inclusions. Sorry about the miscommunication regarding the breakfast, complimentary breakfast is only offered to the number of registered occupants in the room.