“Wonderful Hotel”

Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I really enjoy staying at this hotel. We stayed at this hotel a couple of times and each time, we have enjoyed it thoroughly. The staff are friendly and courteous. There is ample parking in the underground parking. It is located right across from a large mall. The rooms are large and spacious. The beds are big and comfortable and the TV was large with any HD channels. The gym had lots of equipment. You couldn't ask for anything else. The pool area was nice but the temperature changed from day to day. Sometimes warm and some times cool. But I loved this hotel!

Room Tip: Let them know that your a SPG member to get a higher floor for a better view - however, the other ro...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
John_Kearns, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear PAR1BC,

Thank you for your comments about our hotel. I love your room tip comment. It does help to belong to our SPG - the best rewards program in the world. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
If there is anything that I can do to make your next stay more pleasant please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed here for the first time last week. We were there for 7 nights. Room service is very good and very polite and helpful staff. The only reason I have given the hotel an average rating is 1. I found the the food menu for room service a little over priced,and the options of food available after 11pm are very limited. The Sheraton is a worldwide hotel so I was quite surprised on how dated this one was in regards to their rooms. The air conditioning is a blow unit at the end of the room which is very noisy. The room spec is a personal opinion of mine, many may not mind the dated decor but for me it makes the stay a lot nicer and comfortable. The bell boy Rakesh was absolutely lovely and really made an effort to make us feel welcome, great personality. Great location just near Guilford mall and other restaurants. Oh and the room keys are super sensitive, some days I would have to visit reception twice in a day to have them magnetised again due to their high sensitivities around phones.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear HHayre,
Thank you for posting fantastic comments. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay. I appreciate your comments concerning our room service late night offerings and would like to discuss your thoughts on improving room service when you are back the next trip. In respect to our room keys I to have had the experience of demagnetizing my room cards via the proximity of a cel phone. Currently we are working with a supplier who offers key card holders that have anti Wi-Fi and magnetic shields built into the key envelope, and we are continuing to look for an economic solution pending the introduction of our keyless check in system in the fall of 2015. Thank you for pointing out the service you received from Mr. Rakesh. I will make sure that he is recognized and rewarded. Safe travels!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel was in the perfect location for my business meetings. The front desk and concierge lounge staff were wonderful ... Front desk started my wonderful stay off in great way as they were extremely attentive! I appreciated the club floors requiring key card to access. Gave me a sense of security. I will definitely stay here again. A great Sheraton property!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Lynda M,

Thank you for posting a fantastic comment! We look forward to seeing you on your next stay. I appreciate your comments concerning our enhanced security and staff attentiveness. Looking forward to meeting you on your next visit to Surrey. Safe travels!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We have stayed at this location on four different occasions and have been upgraded each time to a suite. The rooms are large, comfortable, well appointed and quiet. The staff members are congenial, professional and accommodating, and we especially enjoyed the servers in the Club room. Upper level floors offer a great view and the location, just a few blocks off the Trans Canada Highway and close to the mall is excellent. The parking is convenient and secure. We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jon N

Dear Jon N,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your family’s’ experiences with our hotel. We have a shopping package that we have recently developed with the newly renovated Guildford Shopping Mall for consideration for your next stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Quick visit as I was in town for work I only stayed 1 night - friendly staff, clean room and bathroom.
Cozy bed! Easy to get to with lots of parking (fee)
Would stay again. Didn't have a chance to sample the food.

Room Tip: book a corner room if you can
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
John_Kearns, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear lissa_mk,

Thank you for posting a great comment! We look forward to seeing you on your next stay. I appreciate your comments concerning our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. Hope you can join us for breakfast when you are back the next trip. Safe travels!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was a great stay for 2 nights! The staff was all very helpful and friendly. The beds were super comfortable. Very close to shopping at Guilford mall and all other needs. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Make sure you get the view. Night time looks pretty cool!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for posting a fantastic comment concerning our mountain views from the hotel! We look forward to seeing you on your next stay. We have a shopping package that we have recently developed with the newly renovated Guildford Shopping Mall for consideration for your next stay. Great value. Safe travels!

Sincerley

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The staff there are excellent, and made me feel very comfortable and most importantly very welcome! There is a very professional atmosphere in the lobby yet at the same time you feel quite at home! The rooms are clean and a great deal larger then I expected. i will definitely stay there again on my next trip out!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Colin M

Dear Colin M,

Thank you for taking time in writing this review. We are very delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Surrey.