“Satisfied customers”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Salmon Arm, Canada
“Satisfied customers”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Just attended a conference at Pacific Inn. Our room was comfy, clean and the staff served us well! The chefs fixed special buffets for us and the food was very good and reasonable. We will go back again next year!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Courtenay
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My family and I just stayed at the Pacific Inn this past weekend due to a last minute business trip. Upon check-in I did request one of the newly refurbished rooms as I had read on Tripadvisor. My husband and I had to request to be moved twice as two rooms were outdated and smelled musty. On the second request they did provide us with a very comfortable, clean and updated room over looking the atrium. The pool at this hotel is great for children and its tropical setting makes it quite lovely for adults to sit and watch the children play in the water.
Upon check-in you are required to initial that you will abide by their noise policy which states no noise after 10 p.m. When I had put the children to bed that night there were still people in the pool which was noisy but expected when you have an atrium room. Right at ten the pool was shut down but immediately after the closing there was a party and buffet at the restaurant which made if very loud and difficult for the kids to sleep through. Needless to say I was not happy with the excessive noise of the party and brought this to management's attention upon check out. I am happy to report that management was willing to compensate me for the inconvenience and I left the hotel tired but satisfied.
It is very apparent to me that the management of this hotel is trying hard to make this a hotel that people want to stay at. I would not give up on this hotel and would encourage people to give it a try. When it was owned by the Best Western it was a great place to stay and was very popular. I only hope that the management will be able to make this hotel into the great place it used to be.

Room Tip: Request an Atrium room as these have been newly updated and look over the pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Stephanie B
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The Customer Service at Pacific Inn this past Weekend was excellent.

Accommodations were made at Pacific Inn for a 3 Day Conference. Upon arrival we were greeted by the Front Reception Area they were very friendly and accommodating with checking us into our room.

After we received our keys we were greeted by another person who welcomed us back to the Pacific Inn and asked us to notify the front desk if there was anything we needed.

Overall the staff were very accommodating and to have the Manager Ingrid greet us personal was over and above. Yes I will return.

Thank you so much!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Eileen D
Broadview, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We were recently there for a wedding although not the two that were being held there. We had three rooms total and we were so disappointed. We had to ask for towels, facecloths, lightbulbs and an iron that did not have melted stuff on it. The restaurant is not good. For room service we finally had to go down to it ourselves to get the dip. A group brunch on the Sunday was 15 minutes late and had all the old food from the previous night weddings. There was only one server who did anything, the other wandered around. We had to ask three times for coffee and we paid 20 each for second hand food! There were no towels in the pool area. The bride and groom had no airconditioning on the hottest day of the year and nobody seemed to really care. We had to ask for coffee packets for the room and two lightbulbs were out. Room service tray stayed in the hall for a day and a half. The hotel was full and very understaffed, saving a few bucks hoping nobody would notice!! We compared notes with others and we were not alone!! I was sorry for my daughter as it was her big day. She had to get dressed I our room because hers was a sweat box. I rarely begrudge spending money on family getaways but this bill will bother me for a long time. Maybe they will either smarten up or others will save their hard earned dollars for a hotel worth the price

Room Tip: If you don't like sleeping in a sauna stay away from the so called tropical atrium. It's tro...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen G
PIGuestRelations, General Manager at Pacific Inn Resort and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Thank you for recent comments. I apologise for all the problems you encountered and I wished you had addressed this to our duty manager during your stay which would have resulted in less aggravation for your party. I understand there were two persons in your room and we provided three hand/face towels, and face cloths. In all our rooms and any extra are available at the front desk or calling Housekeeping from 8am to 5pm. I checked the Housekeeping list for your rooms and all items were supplied.

We are staffed from 6 am – 9pm in the pool and Health Club. The pool towels may have run out but it could not be more than few minutes as we had more people than expected As you recall the hotel was full and with two weddings in house we had over 800 people just for the weddings not to mention our 150 rooms were full.

I checked your air conditioners in the rooms and they were working but we had no maintenance request from your rooms during your stay.

I fail to understand how you can comment that we served the same left over food from the weddings when you did not attend the weddings. We were very busy for brunch that day and sometimes we cannot guarantee your table as we do not have a policy telling our guests that they have overstayed 15 minutes in reasonable time to wait, for a busy restaurant.

I hope you reconsider our Hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Surrey hotels

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Payed $109.00 per night plus $20 pet fee for a grand total of 150-ish taxes in! Bed was too firm, fan goes on automatically with bathroom light and sounds like jet engine taking off in the middle of the night. Very loud-next to major freeway. Toilet ran (loud) for 3 or so minutes after flushing. And, to top all off the alarm went off at 5:30 AM!! We planned on staying 3 nights but checked out after one. For icing on the cake - no discount for 5 AM Wakeup call! STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Nanoosemomma
I am very sorry that you were disturbed by various noises.

Bathroom fans in Hotels are purposely set to go on with the light for safety issues and sanitary reasons. We had the toilet checked and it ran for one minute and fifteen seconds and there is not much that can be done about the sound of water running to fill the tank?
Our rooms have Hotel Quality Beautyrest Pillow top mattress which we usually get positive feedback on.

It is unfortunate that people think it is funny to pull a fire alarm and get everyone out of bed, but thankfully it works if needed.
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2012

It's depressing because when I was there (for 2 nights) there were very few other guests,a fact no doubt attributable to the reputation of the hotel. One's very first impression of the hotel is a non-functioning fountain covered in slime right at the front entrance and it goes downhill from there. There was mold on the bathroom ceiling and dead bugs in the bathroom light fixture. The carpet in the room was frayed. The toilet paper describes itself as 2 ply (I checked because I thought surely it had to be less than 1 ply if such a thing exists), which would be truly hilarious if it weren't so tragic. There is free wifi but the chair at the desk is incredibly uncomfortable. The pool and spa area are great if you like fake rocks. The hotel does not provide any newspapers at all aside from the free ones - I found that completely astonishing. When I asked the desk clerk whether they had any papers she said she didn't know. Not to be completely negative the bed was comfortable, the window air conditioner worked and the food was pretty good.

Room Tip: If you like access to the outdoors do not choose an atrium room. If you have mobility issues the cor...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
PIGuestRelations, Owner at Pacific Inn Resort and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
I thank you for giving us your opinion of our hotel. You mention the reputation of the hotel yet you decided to stay with us which we thank you for.

I am glad to hear that our food was pretty good and you had a comfortable bed and air conditioned room with outside temperatures of 30 degrees. I am sorry you visited us when our fountain was not operational due to the pump not working which would cause slime in the water due to lack of circulation. This fountain was fixed within three days after we received a special pump which is on 24 hours, 7 days a week. Some equipment do break down…..

We inspected your room and did not find any mould in the and there was a bug in the lighting fixture which could have occurred during your stay if you had opened the windows. It's summer and bugs are notorious at this time of the year, but we do our best to inspect every room before a guest checks in. In fact, if you had told us about your complaint we would have moved you to another room. We use Purex 2 ply toilet paper which has 500 sheets per roll and is manufactured in Ontario. This is the same brand sold in all Super Markets. The Sun or Province are provided free to our corporate guests in our corporate rooms.

I hope you will give us another visit in the future.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2012

An excellent hotel with sweetest smiles, very friendly and effective service. Also, there is an attractive tropical swimming pool and comfortable rooms.
Thanks to all the clients!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surrey
Ocean Promenade Hotel
Fleetwood
Comfort Inn & Suites Surrey
Newton
Best Western Plus King George Inn & Suites

Been to Pacific Inn Resort and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!