“Great Place to stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
100 Mile House
“Great Place to stay”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We enjoyed our stay, 6 rooms of us were down there due a funeral situation, it worked well for all of us.
To bad it's so close to Hwy 10 - traffic noise, but we would stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
Swan Hills
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This Ramada was very quiet nice and found it to be in a good location. It seems to be a bit older but is kept clean and updated. Would recommend it to anyone.

Abbotsford
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We stayed at the Ramada Langley, BC for the night before and night of my daughters wedding. When the bridal party checked in the night before the wedding at 11pm, the rooms STILL had not been cleaned and there was only one staff member on duty. The bride and the bridesmaids had to clean their own rooms in order to eventually get to sleep at 2am. The Groom and best man drove a hour to get back home to go to sleep in their own bed. What a nightmare! The next morning the cleaning staff walked into our room THREE times without being announced or invited. They actually walked into the grooms room and decided to clean around him as he got dressed for the wedding!! To top it off... the manager the next morning was completely unprofessional and rude! To end a perfectly horrible hotel experience... my husbands mother had all of her sentimental jewelry, given to her by her late husband, stolen. This situation caused the wedding to be two hours behind time and costed us $2000 extra in rentals an photographer costs. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. We are totally discussed with this hotels idea of SERVICE! It would have been more convenient for us to have stayed at home and drove the extra hour in the morning, than to have to deal with this!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

5 Thank KingFamily2013
Ramada-LangleySurrey, General Manager at Ramada Surrey/Langley, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Mrs. King and family:

When things go wrong, they really go wrong! In the case of your daughter's wedding, we dropped the ball as far as our housekeeping issues are concerned and for that, we are truly sorry. We did our best to make amends in a variety of ways, but it is clear that nothing we did was satisfactory. Again, I apologize on behalf of my entire team.

You raised a couple of issues in your review, however, that I take exception to. It is company policy that any staff member not enter a guestroom without knocking twice and verbally identifying themselves as "guest services". In addition, if a guest is present in their guestroom, housekeeping are only to enter if invited to do so. These are standard practices so I've taken it upon myself to speak to each of our team members to revisit our policies and procedures.

I dare say that you may have a point in your comment regarding how rude my front desk manager treated you. I wouldn't necessarily use the word "rude", but perhaps, aloof. My only reaction to this statement is that there is a limit as to how 'friendly' a person can be when they have been verbally abused, foul language has been hurled their way and each attempt to fix a problem is met with anger. Aloof perhaps in her best attempt to NOT react as most humans would do under the same set of circumstances. I give her high marks for controlling her temper as well as she did.

Finally to suggest that our staff stole jewerly from your mother-in-law's room is something that I take very, very, seriously. I spoke with your mother-in-law at the time and there was no doubt in my mind that she was satisfied that no one from our team had any involvement in the missing jewelry but that she left the items at home by mistake. I have every confidence that my staff had nothing to do with the missing items and for you to suggest otherwise is just not right.

You know....the common response from hotel general managers to reviews such as the one you posted on Trip Advisor is to apologize, apologize and apologize again and to ignore the impulse to challenge complaints. In this case, I just couldn't sit still and listen to your complaints and accusations about my hotel and staff in a passive manner. We took full responsiblity for our mistakes and tried to make amends to your daughter and her attendants for all of the problems. My only hope is that your family members take responsibility for the out -right deplorable behaviour they displayed during their stay at our hotel. I'm totally fine if you never want to stay at our hotel again.

Kind Regards,
Virginia Trelenberg
604-576-8388
Redmond
Reviewed 5 September 2013

For the price it is a nice hotel. It just happen that weekend of labor day make it be little crowd and all the places get too busy such as indoor pool, breakfast room.

Canmore
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Taking my daughter to university on the island- travelling through the mountains can be unpredictable so we booked this hotel in Surrey not knowing if we would make the last ferry. The hotel was clean and seemed quite new- nice long hours for the pool- which was much appreciated after the 10 hour drive. Standard breakfast fare in a clean, well maintained breakfast room. I will use this hotel again for similar journeys

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times and have always found the rooms to be nicely decorated and clean. Even though the hotel is on #10 hwy. the rooms are quiet. The staff are generally efficient and parking is free plus it's never a problem to find a place to park. There's a basic complementary breakfast but if you want more nutritious options there's a restaurant on site.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest:

I am extremely grateful for the time you took to post your positive comments about our hotel and your recent stay on TripAdvisor. As TripAdvisor is the 'measuring stick' for travelers when deciding where to stay, we pay strick attention to the views of our recent guests and try each and every time to make changes if necessary and to improve upon the product and service we are so proud to offer. We are delighted that you continue to enjoy your time with us and look forward to your continued support.

Kind Regards,
Virginia Trelenberg
604-576-8388
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surrey
Best Western Plus Langley Inn
#2 of 11 in Langley City
Newton
Best Western Plus King George Inn & Suites
Fleetwood
Comfort Inn & Suites Surrey
Guildford
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey

Been to Ramada Surrey/Langley? Share your experiences!