“Not Good”

Best Western King George Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Reviewed 22 December 2013

The room smelt like sweat and dirt and was very tired. The gym was a bit of a joke. The staff were very good and efficient. I'd rather pay a few $s more and get somewhere a little less rough. The area around the hotel is not the nicest either.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank HeadBrewer
Jenni-lynn H, Front Office Manager at Best Western King George Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time during this busy time of the year to write a review of our hotel. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Unfortunately for our gym, we have been waiting on a specific part to be delivered in order to fix our treadmill so it operates safely when in use. It has taken longer than anticipated to receive this part which has been a frustration for us. Another challenge is the area in which we are located. The issues in the area are out of our control and because of this we work extra hard to ensure activity in the area does not enter the hotel or come onto the hotel property. Our staff is trained to monitor who is on our property and to spot any suspicious behaviour. We have always put our guest and staff comfort and safety as a top priority. I apologize that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us but I do hope that you will continue to use the Best Western brand. I hope you have a wonderful holiday and a very Happy New Year!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Jenni-Lynn made our first impression very postive.She even had a Santa Hat placed in my room based on our interaction at Check in! AMAZING person.The hotel is well maintained and very comfy.Great breakfasts..the hot selection that varied each day was a treat. It was very clean and I am very particular about that.Wonderful staff all around!! Hotel may not be in the best location,depending on your situation, but more than makes up for that in service and quality. A big thumbs up. Will definatly be back.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jenni-lynn H, Front Office Manager at Best Western King George Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words. I always try to treat people the way I would like to be treated. I am happy myself and my staff made your stay as enjoyable as possible. We pride ourselves on our customer service and our cleanliness and it makes me proud when we get feedback confirming that we are meeting what my expectations are in those areas. We would be thrilled to have you again on your next visit to see your family! I hope you have a great holiday season and thank you again for taking the time to give us feedback.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I stay here frequently and my stay is always enjoyable and comfortable. The rooms are clean and quiet. Beds are soft and comfy. It's nice to have a frig and microwave in the room. The continental breakfast is always good. The staff and management are very friendly and helpful. Great place to stay. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

I am happy to hear you have an enjoyable experience when you are with us! We appreciate your business and taking the time to write a review. Have a great holiday!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

The people, the facilities, breakfast and all, are the best of any Best Western I've stayed at. I have stayed at many Best Westerns and I and my associates have been treated the best here by far. Will recommend this to many more of my associates.

Room Tip: South side 3rd floor great rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Jenni-lynn H, Front Office Manager at Best Western King George Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

I am so happy to hear we have been treating you so well! That is our goal and it makes me proud to manage a great hotel with exceptional staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Ive started staying here at the best western king george inn & suites about two months ago. The rooms are the most comfortable and clean that ive found in a long time.From the microwaves ovens and fridges too the really relaxing beds A great breakfast menu.The management all employees are very friendly and helpful ...GREAT EXPERIENCE/

Room Tip: Barnone theyare all great
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kelly R
Jenni-lynn H, Front Office Manager at Best Western King George Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very happy to hear you have been enjoying your stays with us for the last 2 months. We look forward to you continuing to use our hotel when you are in the area! Have a great holiday season!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed for 4 nights in a suite with a fridge & microwave. The size was good however the bed was very soft- too soft for me. Nice to have a free breakfast however the grey sausage patties,greasy bacon & cold eggs??? were not at all appealing. Waffles were good. The room was very clean & quite comfortable but the hallways really smelled of smoke which is very unusual for a hotel in this decade. Overall just ok. The Italian restaurant across the street, although a little pricey was fabulous.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank cw1215
Jenni-lynn H, Front Office Manager at Best Western King George Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I apologize on behalf of my entire team for not exceeding your expectations. I am happy however to hear that everything was clean and you enjoyed the waffles. I will bring your review forward during our next staff meeting. Thank you again and I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

My daughters volleyball team was playing in the Provincials in Delta. I chose the BWKG because it was close to the venue. Was worried to book a hotel sight unseen for 12 people, but was absolutely thankful I chose this hotel! The service was great! They had our rooms ready early, and they were very clean! The beds were comfortable and there was more than enough space for 4 people per room. The pool and hot tub were very clean and perfect temperature. The complimentary hot breakfast was great! Everyone found something they wanted to eat and it was good. Sausage and mini omelette first morning and bacon and scrambled egg patty second morning. There were many other items offered as well.... And oddly enough... The coffee was good!
The price was fantastic, considering 12 people ate breakfast each morning and we probably saved $120!

We will definitely stay here again!
Thanks for a great memorable Provincial volleyball trip!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank anna b
Jenni-lynn H, Front Office Manager at Best Western King George Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

We are very glad you chose to stay with us as well! Your team was polite and respectful of noise policies which makes a huge difference when staying in a smaller hotel like ours. Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback and I am overjoyed to hear we were able to satisfy everyone's various needs while you were here. We look forward to serving you and your team again in the future.