“Worth coming back to”

Best Western King George Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Reviewed 26 October 2010

This is my second stay at the Best Western and once again I enjoyed my stay there. The room was clean and the beds new. The beds were comfortable and made for a good nights sleep. As before the breakfast was nothing special but again sufficient to get you going at the start of the day. With reasonable prices and comfortable rooms I will be making this my hotel of choice when in the Surrey area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 September 2010

We are currently living here. I really like the place. The rooms are nice, clean and spacious. The manager, Sunny, is really nice. I had few requests about my room cleaning schedule and the what to expect from housekeeping. He was very pleasant and listed to my requests and ensured that it was taken care off. I would recommend anyone to stay in this hotel. The housekeeping staff is really nice. They accommodate all your request. So far loving the place. Cheers!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2010

i had read a few reviews and was conscerned, but you dont know til you try it.. the receptionist was very nice; we had forgot to put in our "special request" box that we wanted a room close to our friends, and when we asked, she moved us just down the hall. i didnt catch her name but shes got a nice german accent, and it is nice to know they did check the requests box. there are only 2 machines in the workout room, and both were broken, but who wants to work out when you re away anyways... we had no problem with traffic noise, the room cleaners are very nice and considerate. our suite was clean, bed was comfy, nothing to write home about but nothing to write an angry letter about either!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2010

I stayed here for one night while at a meeting in Surrey. The hotel was the closest I could find to my meeting location and the price was right. The room itself was clean and comfortable with more than enough room for my needs. Although I would not want to stay long term it is certainly a place that I will return to in the future. They provide a rather simple breakfast but it is better than others I have tried and certainly provided a nice meal to start the day. Serval types of cereal, the usual bread and pastries, and two heat it yourself items, eggs and french toast. I did not have a chance to check out the facilities but the staff at the front desk were courteous and my check in and check out went well.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Jenni-lynn H, Front Office Manager at Best Western King George Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2015

Thank you for your review Lesley. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and our renovations weren't a nuisance for you. We hope to see you again in the future.

Yours Truly,
Jenni-lynn Hewitt
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 1 October 2009

After reading the reviews here I was reluctant to stay in this hotel.
I always start judging a hotel by the time I spend waiting for the check-in . I have stayed twice in the end of September 2009 and paid approximately CAD90.00 exclusive taxes.
Check-in and out were simple and fast as I had made a pre-booking online. Without a fuss all questions asked in the front desk where answered accurately even by the trainee lady.

The hotel has three floors, an indoor pool (very small but busy), a laundry to wash and dry your clothes.

Rooms are clean and the housekeeping job is consistent; meaning that they always clean the things properly, make up the beds properly and also wash the coffee machine.

Breakfast served is continental. Mainly pastry , some bread with many types of jams, croissants cereal and fruits. I wish they had something more savory and changed the choice of pastries from time to time. Anyway breakfast and internet are included in the price. The restaurant operates for breakfast only and has 24/7 free flow of coffee.

In the surroundings of the hotel, you could find a couple of restaurants - Asian (north Indian food) , pizza, sandwiches, donuts - and convenience stores.

There are buses that go to Surrey Center (bus 320) to catch the skytrain or go to other parts of Vancouver (i.e Gilford).

On check out, bills where accurate.

If you have to go to Surrey - Vancouver - Canada, this hotel is in my point of view worth it.

I hope this would help.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Zoula
Reviewed 18 August 2009

It would have been a very nice stay if not for the incompetency of some, not all, of the staff.

I'm an out of town contractor and the company I work for chose this hotel for many of its workers, but met constant problems. On many occasions there were billing errors, and worse yet rooms were often not booked at all. I find this a bit hard to swallow given that the only responsibility of their job is to do just that. We had a crew fly over all the way from Romania only to be told the rooms we had reserved were given to others. They had given me a date on which I was to transfer into a room with cooking amenities, but when the day came the staff did not have any such thing on file and had instead booked out the room to others once again.
Other administrative problems included missing wake up calls. Upon consideration of simply having slept through them, I asked the front desk and they again informed me it had not been scheduled despite having made the request in person.

Don't leave any money out, either. There is a clear sign stating "Guests often leave money in the room. If this is intended as gratuity, please leave it in this tray". Evidently the cleaning services disregard this statement. They can also be a little lazy, they scarcely ever bothered to put away the ironing board, but I don't care much about these smaller issues in comparison to looking forward to a room in which I could cook decent meals only to be told it was taken. I also never once saw them change or wash the bedsheets in the seven weeks I was there, I'm simply praying that they did.

The hotel is on an intersection on a major highway, so if you like to leave your window open there is noise. There is a Robin's Donuts right outside and it's a popular gathering spot for all kinds of people who stay drinking and talking late into the night, often with music playing from cars. Get a room with an even number and you'll avoid this, but the doors to the hallways don't block out much noise, either.

The staff are nice and friendly, but apparently they can't quite run their own hotel. I think the most illustrative review of this place is that the company decided to cease all relations with them. They simply got tired of putting up with their mistakes and unreliability. If you do manage to get your room booked, you should have a decent stay, but I'd call ahead and re-affirm every day before you get there.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2006

My sister and I just came back from Canada. I don't hesitate to write the terrible experience that we had experienced in this hotel. The hotel itself is clean, neat and comfortable, however, some hotel personnels are aloof and incompetent. We stayed at this hotel for 12 days, we could have gone to a better hotel but this hotel is near the house of our sister (who lives nearby). We were quite happy that this hotel has an indoor swimmingpool, a small fitness room and a hot tub. On the first day of our stay, we went swimming early in the morning at 6:30, 15 minutes after we entered the pool, a bald headed young man came in and asked when we are getting out of the pool. At first I thought he was a pool cleaner, I told him politely that we would be out of the pool at 7:30, he told me that he needed the pool for himself, I told him firmly that we will be out of the pool at 7:30, he left quite upset. At 7am, another skin head young man came in carrying a "boom box", few minutes after the first young man came too, they turned the radio full blast and started throwing chairs around, making loud noises. I came to realize that these 2 skin heads were trying to intimidate us by loud music and noises. At 7:30, we got out of the pool, I called the reception (there is a phone at the pool area) to report the action, a young lady came to checked but apparently go intimidated too but didn't take any action, few minutes later another employee came in and we told him that these two men were bullying us, again no action was taken. We reported this matter to the hotel manager Andrew and told him that he should do something to protect his clients. We also made it clear to him that if this matter happens again, we will be out of the hotel in no time and will report this incident to the CEO of Best Western Hotel because my brother in law is a high raking official in the US Army. Well, to make story short. I just want to share this bad experience with the readers. I am a avid traveller and have stayed in many hotels, but never had such terrible experience before.
The room (third floor) we stayed is facing two busy streets and 2 restaurants frequented by truck drivers and they are opened till early in the morning, so there are lots of noises around, fortunately the windows are double glazed, but if you need fresh air, I'm afraid that all you'll get are polluted air and noises, as much as possilbe, avoid rooms with odd numbers, the rooms with even number are facing some residential areas which I guess is a lot more quite than the other side, the rooms are functional and clean. I've noticed that even all the rooms on the third floor are non-smoking as mentioned by another reviewer, we can smell heavy cigarette smoke in the corridor. The cleaning staff don't greet their guests not unless you great them first. There is just one elevator in this hotel.
Continental breakfast is not so bad, it's the same everyday. This hotel is very far from downtown Vancouver, there are nothing interesting around the area. If you are a tourist who wants to see more, choose a hotel in downtown Vancouver. Our stay in Vancouver is not a pleasure trip. we were there to visit our sister who was operated. We have been in this beautiful city many times. We have stayed at Hyatt Hotel and Marriott Pinnacle, they are the hotels that meet your every expectation, and above all, your safety.

• Stayed: October 2006