“stay”

Reviewed 23 November 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

Since this was our first trip to BC, I would say this hotel definately holds up to Best Western standards. Very clean and comfortable place to say. We got to the hotel a couple of hours before check in time and the front desk clerk was very helpful to check us in early. This hotel doesn't have as many amenities as some of the others but it still is a great place to stay while in Canada. I also want to add that the Canadian folks are very friendly and helpful. I have always heard a lot of negatives about Canadian folks, but based upon my experience the people are great. Canada is a beautiful place to visit. It seems to be very safe and clean.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 15 September 2012

although the hotel appears to be out of the way of White Rock/South Surrey business area, it is actually only a nice 7 - 8 block walk to the local mall/business area. (head down KGH one block to 156st. turn right onto 156 and walk to 20th or 16th ave and turn right again. main intersection is 16th Ave and 152 St.). decent basic continental breakfast. get there before 9 though or you may lose out. Staff very helpful however, if in need of something to eat and have arrived late. Just ask front desk person. I killed my battery forgetting to shut off my headlights one night. Front desk person got the handyman to come jump me with his own vehicle within 15 minutes. Wish I could remember their names!! he was originally from the Phillipines. Very friendly and helpful person. Thanks!!! my room was first floor close to lobby and wasn't too bad for noise. air conditioner a bit loud but annoying

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank DawnJ123
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We were passing through and we always stay a Best Western and it was great as always the beds were comfortable the rooms were clean and the services can't ask for better. Thanks and keep up the great work.

Room Tip: Worth every cent
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2012

This Best Western was a little disappointing compared to other Best Westerns we've stayed at. But it was clean and comfortable - OK for a one-night stay. The breakfast was OK, but the seating is so limited, we ended up bringing everything up to our room, because there was no place to sit! Plenty of places to eat in the area and lots of convenient gas stations.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed for 1 night just before Victoria Day in May.
The hotel is situated on a busy road but we couldn't hear any road noise at all.
Our room was a good size, well maintained and very clean. It had a small kitchenette unit made up of a sink, 2 hotplate rings and a fridge as well as a selection of basic crockery and cutlery. There was also a microwave and so you could make simple meals if you wanted to. Unfortunately the television didn't work in the room but someone did come up immediately to try to fix it. It didn't matter to us as we didn't want to watch anything other than the news and weather.
The front desk staff that we met were friendly, helpful and efficient.
The breakfast area is small so it can become congested especially if some people don't think and block the access to the food choices. The choices were good although not always replenished unless someone specifically asked - when we stayed there were also 2 teams staying - a young group of softball players and a group of lacrosse players so plenty of food was needed butit wasn't always there.
There is a computer available for general use in a small room off the lobby - the internet speed was good - and there is a printer to use as well.
We would choose to stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel. The rooms are clean with two beds in both of the rooms I've stayed in. The staff are very pleasent and helpful. The rooms have cable TV and Internet, on my second stay I had my iPad with me and found it very hard to log into the wifi and found I had better wifi reception in the parking lot than in my room. There is a free breakfast provided but with very limited seating. There is nothing wrong with this hotel but I've gotten better bang for my buck in similar hotels.

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Ferrytrip
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surrey
South Surrey
Guildford
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey
Ramada Surrey/Langley
#3 of 19 in Surrey

Been to Best Western Peace Arch Inn? Share your experiences!