“Love staying here”

Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This was our third time staying at this hotel. The staff are so accommodating from the awesome front desk clerk Anna to our waitress in Moxies. (Can't remember her name but she is a soccer player). Great Job Ladies! Had a meal that we shared and the taster dessert! It was just perfect! The rooms are great with the suite. If I could make a recommendation it would be to put something in the bathroom to put our stuff on as the counter was so small. Also I think hotels should offer more suitcase holders as most of us travel with more than one suitcase and I don't like to put mine on the floor if I can help it so there are no other options but to put it on a table which I don't really like to do. If I am only staying a day or two I don't generally unpack. Also this hotel is located in a great location if you are travelling all over the city and parking is free!
Had a bit of a disappointing snack and drink in the lounge the second night but I am hoping that was a one time experience.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
GMSandmanSurrey, General Manager at Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. I am glad to hear that our staff were able to make your stay with us memorable.We truly appreciate you choosing Sandman Hotels for your accommodation needs.

Caitlin

Reviewed 29 August 2013

For 6 weeks during a corporate relocation from the United States to Canada, we stayed at this property. The rooms were ideal, essentially a one bedroom apartment with laundry in the suite, which more than met our needs compared to any other hotel options we might have had. With the Moxies Restaurant attached to the lobby, it provided the freedoms of having a beverage or full meal if we wanted out of the suite for a change. The staff at the Moxies was quick, efficient and friendly.

This review is being written mostly because of the EXEMPLARY service we received from the staff at this property. Raunak Chopra and the rest of the team there were absolutely fantastic. Always sincerely pleasant, extremely helpful in all our needs, and even neighborly in our dealings for such a time. I've had many travels and hotel experiences in my career, but this one was the first I felt compelled to write about. If considering this hotel for a stay, and still unsure, I'd suggest you call them to experience first hand how great this team of people is.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank GBrillin
GMSandmanSurrey, General Manager at Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that our staff took care of you. The suites are often very handy for guests travelling on business. Having the kitchen to cook your own food and the washer and dryer to wash your own clothes is a real plus and a great way to save money. If we can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me personally. Sandman Hotels have over 46 properties throughout BC and Canada with many different room types.
We truly appreciate your business and feedback.

Caitlin

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Loved this Hotel. The Front Desk Staff were very nice. Even with the room facing 2 main streets it was very quit. Missed out on the free coffee and muffins in the am, it was our fault for not comming down soon enough. Parking was free that is a nice perk to have, they have staff that patrol the lot to make sure your car is safe. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights. The rooms are quite spacious. The location is a little far from vancouver plus you will pay $6 toll per day as you would be crossing the mann bridge to get into Vancouver. My biggest gripe with the hotel was their lack of responsiveness. One of the biggest reasons of staying at this hotel was free Wifi. I never got free wifi. I never got any wifi. To work at night, I had to stay in the hallway so that I can get even a faint signal. I talked to four different people in 7 different phone calls however, despite assurances, it was never fixed. Utterly disappointing!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tinku928
Reviewed 15 June 2013

simply a replacement of your home in vancouver with easy access to mall,highway and gym.
although one employee in the reception was not friendly and non co operating over the issue to give a gym pass but rest was excellent .

Room Tip: suites are the best and easily 4 can stay
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We were expecting a 'run of the mill' room, but to our surprise, the room more closely resembled a one bedroom condo, than a hotel room. It had absolutely everything from a coffee machine to an in-suite full sized dishwasher (If memory serves, I think it had a washer and dryer too...). I'd definitely recommend it to a friend :)

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Driving up to this Hotel we thought to ourselves "Oh oh. What did we get ourselves into?" The outside of the Hotel looked rundown and was very old. But, we were here for 4 days/nights so we had no other options. Check-in was a breeze, the young clerk was awesome. Lobby was very nicely re-done and had a Moxie's Restaurant off of it. Great!. Up to the room we found the elevators newer and fast, the hallways also renovated. The room, well what a room! Nice and clean, somewhat updated and large. We had a King bed in a separate bedroom, a "full" kitchen with utensils, dishes, etc. The living room was large with a good TV and a fireplace. The balcony was great BUT could have used some outside furniture. And to top it all off, there was even an washer & dryer in a separate closet. Lots of storage/closet space. All the amenities for less than $100 a night (average w/o taxes). Parking was underground and secure. Really, you couldn't ask for much more.

Our daughter & granddaughter stayed at the Sheraton which was about 2 blocks away and was there for the same amount of time as us. Her room was okay but did not have the fridge and microwave as advertised. Which is really necessary on a 4 night stay. Other members of the group (YBC Bowlers) also had the same problem...no fridges & microwaves as advertised! And they paid much more than we did for their rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family