Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford
  • Pool
US$112
US$106
Travelocity
Days Inn Surrey(Surrey)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$92
US$118
US$115
US$115
US$107
Travelocity
Best Western Peace Arch Inn(Surrey)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$100
Canadian Inn(Surrey)
US$93
US$114
US$97
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfull kitchenwasher dryerliving roomsecure underground parkinggas fireplaceguildford mallcomfortable suitefront deskbang for the buckrooms are nicewould stay here againsoccer tournamentgreat place to stayexcellent hotelhotel roomminute driveone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Lovely spacious suite. We were only there briefly but in-suite laundry and storage would be a huge plus for an extended stay. Only major criticisms were that, as is typical in hotels, the hide a bed really isn't good enough to sleep on. Also, when we pulled out the bed we found chips from a previous guest under the couch. Overall, a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Megan S
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This is an all suites hotel and our suite was a large one bedroom with full kitchen and a balcony as well. The suite was great and gave us personal privacy as we were entertaining family before dinner. The kitchen fridge allowed us to chill the wine, and appetizers. We went to dinner downstairs at Moxie's, great atmosphere and good food. Service at the front desk and at Moxie's was fantastic. We had free parking for our guests and us. Also the location of the Sandman was great because everything was very close (including Wine & Beer store) at the Guilford Centre. Also good location to catch an early ferry to the Gulf Islands. All and all we were very pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: Secure underground parking. Moxie's Restaurant is great
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GlobeTrotters2777
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I was very fortunate to find this property on a recent project I did in Guildford Town Centre. Very close to the job.

From the moment I checked in, Tiffany at the front desk was awesome to deal with, as was all of the staff. Special mention to the former manager Michael, just as important is Raunak, the front office manager. The staff will go out of their way to make you feel a valued guest. Any issues were dealt with immediately. The entire staff is an asset to the brand.

The rooms are very comfortable, very large and competitively priced. At 600+ square feet it is a great suite. The on suite laundry is a nice touch, as well as full kitchen and plenty of storage. The fireplace/ heater is nice, the balcony is a great touch. Some great views from the higher rooms. The air conditioner location is questionable, being in the living room and not the bedroom, a design flaw indeed. However being in the pacific northwest, you won't need the ac often and there are plenty of heaters. Secure parking for guests is a plus, however I did not notice any troubles on the other parking.

I stayed at the Sandman for 14 weeks, and it was a nice home away from home. I would and have recommended this property without hesitation, and when in the Metro Vancouver area, I would stay here again.

There is a lot to do in Surrey, if you look about. You could do far worse choosing somewhere else to stay on your visit.

The property does however need some exterior freshening up, it is showing its age.

Lots of shopping and restaurants near by also.

Room Tip: try to get a room ending in 07, great views of the Fraiser Valley from here, as well as Mount Baker. The higher the room, the nicer the bed. I stayed in 707 and 1207. 12 was a bit nicer
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Pierce G
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Location was great. Rooms/suite very large. Washer/dryer not used as we were only there for a couple of night. Full kitchen nice to have for snacks etc. Balcony was nice. Room was a tad warm as AC is only in the main part of the suite. Other than that it was great

Room Tip: During construction next door I would ask for a room facing tiwards the noth
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This was our third time staying at this hotel. The staff are so accommodating from the awesome front desk clerk Anna to our waitress in Moxies. (Can't remember her name but she is a soccer player). Great Job Ladies! Had a meal that we shared and the taster dessert! It was just perfect! The rooms are great with the suite. If I could make a recommendation it would be to put something in the bathroom to put our stuff on as the counter was so small. Also I think hotels should offer more suitcase holders as most of us travel with more than one suitcase and I don't like to put mine on the floor if I can help it so there are no other options but to put it on a table which I don't really like to do. If I am only staying a day or two I don't generally unpack. Also this hotel is located in a great location if you are travelling all over the city and parking is free!
Had a bit of a disappointing snack and drink in the lounge the second night but I am hoping that was a one time experience.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
GMSandmanSurrey, General Manager at Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. I am glad to hear that our staff were able to make your stay with us memorable.We truly appreciate you choosing Sandman Hotels for your accommodation needs.

Caitlin