“Our Favourite Team Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Kelowna, Canada
“Our Favourite Team Hotel”
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the past few seasons. It is the most accommodating hotel. Every request put forth seems to be granted with professionalism and a smile. The hotel is clean and the rooms are spacious. My team loves staying at this Holiday Inn location. See you again next season.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this review, 24 July 2011
Thank you very much for your great review! Our staff will be thrilled to read your wonderful comments and we all very much appreciate you posting your praise about our property and service. We will continue to work hard to please you and your team members.
We look forward to welcoming you back again and again.

Cheryl Neathway

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 June 2011

It is a nice enough hotel.
There was a lot of traffic at certain times. Transcanada hwy 1 is undergoing construction in this area, so the traffic was thick there.
My 5 yr old wanted a pool and they had one. We used it once. It is pretty small and on the cool side. They also have a small hot tub. we used that more than the pool I think.
We had rooms that did not face the road, so I slept well. Beds were comfy. Pillows were comfy too - one soft, one firm.
We went to Grouse mountain/capliano susp bridge one day and Vancouver another day. It is a ways to drive if you get stuck in traffic. When we went to the mountain the traffic was not a problem and this hotel seemed like a good choice. When going to Vancouver we left later in the morning again, but did hit some traffic that wasn't too bad once we got out of the immediate area.
Thier rush hour is not fun. Avoid getting into and out of Vancouver from 4 to 6:30 pm.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
Thank you very much for your great review!
We realize that navigating through the construction on the highway can be a bit challenging at times, we are so looking forward to that project being completed. Thankfully we are not affected by the noise or dust, but it can create heavier traffic during peak hours when you exit on to the highway to travel around the Lower Mainland. Your advice to avoid the highway between 4:30 and 6:00 is perfect.
I'm so pleased to hear you had a comfortable sleep as we recognize that that is one of the most important aspects of any guests' stay.
I noticed you have submitted several reviews to Tripadvisor previously. As a fellow traveler, please let me thank you for taking the time to share with us your experiences, your opinion is greatly valued and appreciated.
I also wish to thank you as a General Manager, I recognize that a guest's honest account of a stay is incredibly important to those looking to choose their next hotel and your great review truly means a lot.
Airdrie, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We travelled with 11 volleyball players and 7 parents in May to this hotel.
The entire stay was fantastic. The staff including Jason who was very efficient and organized while checking our crew in to Ali on day shift, were all incredibly helpful.
The staff not only were friendly and helpful but they knew their city as well as were easily able to give directions to volleyball venues, tourist attractions and eateries.
The hotel was very clean, and looked new. The hot breakfast was excellent with lots of healthy choices for our athletes.
The beds were incredibly comfortable and the choice of pillows was second to none.
The service we received was second to none.
We will be back and we are telling all of our friends what a great facility you have and the fantastic staff you have. Thank you for the great experienc.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this review, 24 May 2011
All of us here would like to say that we are now HUGE fans of volleyball, your team and the other teams that stayed that weekend were fantastic!
It was a true pleasure to host your stay and we are extremely happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us, we enjoyed hosting all of you.
I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to post your great review. It excites all of us when we read about successful stays and encourages us to strive to do even better next time.
We look forward to inviting you back again!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I stayed in this hotel while visiting Vancouver on business. It is close enough to downtown that you can make a trip in for meetings or events, but far enough that it is not busy and crowded. Many things are nearby such as the Steveston Fisherman's Wharf and Downtown Vancouver.

What really makes this hotel stand out isn't the location or the things to do nearby...it is the staff. I found each and every one of them to be very friendly and accomodating. Having never been to Vancouver, I wanted an insider's point of view of things to see while I was there. The staff always had a smile on their faces no matter what time of day or night I saw them. I also met the General Manager of the hotel personally and he also was very kind and caring. It is the first time I have ever had a General Manager ask how they could make my stay better. I didn't have an answer! Everything was so great!

I have already recommended this hotel to my company's travel admin as well as coworkers visiting the area.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this review, 18 May 2011
Thank you very much for your wonderful review!
Our staff really do care how your stay is going and I am thrilled that you felt that during your time with us. Your sincere comments will be shared with the team, I know the kind words will be greatly appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back along with your coworkers!
Kelowna
Reviewed 11 March 2011

I went to the Lower Mainland for a Math competition with a group of students. The HIE upgraded the adult rooms for free so that I could be near my students. Our rooms were very nice and provided everything we needed to prepare for our competition the next day. The front desk also helped us by printing maps and helping us find a shuttle service to our competition. The free hot breakfast in the morning was delicious and one of my students kept saying, "This is sooo good. Why does this taste so good." I definitely would reccommend the HIE Surrey to anyone that needs to stay in Surrey.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this review, 14 March 2011
Thank you so very much for your great comments! We really appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts and the reaction of your students to the buffet breakfast was priceless. Your entire group was fantastic and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Okanagan
Reviewed 5 January 2011

No complaints. A good Hotel. Nothing fancy but it was clean - I have a HUGE bedbug phobia so I thoroughly scope out a rooom when I check in. Usual continental breakfast, nice staff. All in all a good stay.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this review, 7 January 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I can appreciate your concern about bed bugs and cleanliness, especially these days. Thank you for noticing and mentioning that our housekeeping team take all steps to ensure you have a clean, comfortable room in which to relax.
It is interesting to see the change in the hotel industry as to what people have now come to expect in a "usual continental breakfast" which traditionally only included coffee, tea, juice, bagels, pastries and cold cereal. The free Express Start breakfast offered by all Holiday Inn Express properties far exceeds this definition offering all of the above plus a hot egg (scrambled eggs or omelets) and hot meat item (sausage, bacon or ham), yogurt, hot cereal, warm biscuits, soft boiled eggs, toast, fruit, and the signature warm cinnamon buns. Coming very soon, next week in fact, there will be the addition of pancakes through an automated pancake-making machine that the guest can operate to make fresh, hot pancakes on demand. Hopefully that addition will help us step out of the usual continental breakfast category.
Our mission is to "wow" our guests and it seems we fell short during your visit. Although a report of a good stay is nice to hear, we strive to give you a great stay and hope you give us the opportunity to try again.
Thank you again for sharing your review on our property, your effort is very much appreciated and your kind words will be shared with the team.

Best regards,

New Westminster, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2010

Had family stay at this hotel and my daughter hosted my 65th birthday here and everything was top notch. All my guests commented on what a nice place it was, and I can't disagree. My family that traveled from out of town thoroughly enjoyed the place, my grandchildren loved the pool and whirlpool, and the staff were very friendly. I was most impressed with how spotless everything is.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this review, 29 November 2010
I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your birthday and your guests enjoyed our facilities. Our meeting spaces are Surrey's best kept secrets, slowly it is getting busier as people discover what a great central place this is to host meetings and special occasions and see how lovely the rooms are, especially the Salish Room with its private reception area including private washroom facilities and coat room.
I remember your event which was held in the Vista room; the natural light and having access to the outdoor patio is a plus in that space. I'm very glad your guests were pleased with the room.
It was a real pleasure hosting your 65th birthday and we hope to host more of your family events. Thank you for taking the time to post your kind words here on Tripadvisor and for choosing our property for the occasion. May you enjoy many more milestone birthdays!
All the best,