“Very good stay in HIE”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Everything was great, including breakfast. The only problem was with air-condition which did not work properly and since the hotel was fully booked we could not move to another room. Receptionist was very friendly. The room was very clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

I am truly sorry to hear about the air conditioner, we take every possible effort to see that they are well maintained and it is most disappointing when they fail us and our guests. Thank you very much for posting such a positive review despite this inconvenience.
Please feel free to contact me directly to book your next visit and I will do everything possible to make certain you have a successful stay.
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your review.

Cheryl
gm@hiesurrey.com

Reviewed 11 July 2013

This is the one of the best hotel i have ever stayed. We were on family trip with 2 kids + 1 baby and 2 adults to Vancouver. I have booked One King Jacuzzi Bedroom. Room was so big. We couldn't expect this kind of big room. Along with the crib and pull over sofa bed there were lots of space for walking. Jacuzzi was awesome, King bed was so comfortable. Also room was so clean. I think house keepers work hard for this. Receptionist and Housekeepers was so polite. We feel at home in this Hotel. It is around 35-40 minutes away from Vancouver Downtown but it was not a big deal for us. I definitely return this hotel for our next Vancouver visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I returned to this hotel to try it again, as my first experience was not so favourable. On my second visit to this location I found that they exceeded my expectations and did an amazing job. We could not ask for better service and the hotel even had gluten-free cereal on hand for me. I will return to visit this hotel for my family/friend retreats in the near future.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Thank you very much for giving us a second chance!
I'm thrilled to read that we exceeded your expectations on your return visit, that is our goal for every guest.
I must also thank you for making the gluten-free cereal suggestion on your first visit. This was a very simple request to fulfil and many other guests are appreciating the option.
We hope to see you again soon!

Cheryl Neathway

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Great hotel - easy to access off the highway - lots of shops near by - with good ammenities at a good price. Front desk staff was great and the breakfast can't be beat. Only complaint - the bathroom.

We arrived late and had to put the kids to bed - after that went to use the washroom and to say the least - the toilet wasn't that clean if you know what I mean. I almost got the impression that the cleaning staff just plain forgot. Also found a dirty sock in the room....

I told the front desk the next morning and they were visibly upset and wished we told them sooner - but with the kids asleep and us only there for one night - I didn't want to bother. I'm happy they were concerned.

I would for sure stay again and recommend it to someone else - just do a double check on the bathroom! :-)

Room Tip: Stay away from main floor - seems noisy
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you very much for your great review of your recent stay at our property!
I am however, extremely disappointed to learn of the condition of your washroom upon your arrival. The front desk agent you spoke with in the morning immediately contacted housekeeping and a couple steps were put in place to ensure something like this should not happen again. I am very proud of our staff as I know they truly care about your experience and I know they are disappointed as well that they did not meet, let alone exceed, your expectations. It takes everyone in the team to deliver that, and we try hard to work together to deliver what you expect and more.
Please feel free to contact me directly so that we may further discuss this matter.
I can be reached at gm@hiesurrey.com .
I hope to hear from you soon, and thank you again for taking the time to bring this to my attention. I would love the opportunity to make this up to you!

Reviewed 1 June 2013

We arrived before check in time, however, Raman was accommodating and changed our room to one that was available at that time. The check in went smoothly. We settled into our room. We went back downstairs to figure out how to get to Holland Park. We were only in town for the Mumford and Sons show (May 24th). Grace was at the front desk and assisted us with a warm smile, in printing off directions to Holland Park, informed us of how the transit system worked, that we only had to take one bus there. Allowed a friend to park their car in their parking lot for the duration of the show (in other words, was accommodating and very nice at this request that, in my experience, most would either charge you a fee or outright say no). Overall I was highly impressed with Raman and Grace at their display of outstanding customer service skills. The hotel was easy to locate, close to where we had to go, and very clean. My experience at this hotel met all expectations for an out of town trip. I highly recommend them and would go back there again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed here for two nights. I'd absolutely stay again. Our room was spotlessly clean, spacious and tastefully-decorated. I felt no qualms about soaking in the bathtub. (If you travel a lot, you know what I mean.) I felt that I could rest and unwind after a long day of travel. Staff at the front desk were quite friendly and willing to answer any and all questions about the area. Breakfast was good. It included more than just pre-baked goods--with items such as eggs, sausage or bacon, and pancakes. (I'd prefer, though, if the yogurt didn't all have artificial sweeteners in them.) Enjoyed use of the hot tub and pool, both kept at perfect temperatures. Nice features in room include: microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker. Also liked the wooden furniture for keeping luggage off the floor. The only thing I would've liked better would be to have a room facing the back side of the property for more privacy. The front side faces a busy street. There is no restaurant on site, so you have to go out for lunch or dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the backside of the property, it will be more private.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Stayed here with a friend. Super clean and nice rooms. Breakfast really good with lots variety.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. Close to lots of shopping and places to eat or have coffee.
Will stay here agin for sure.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends