“I will drive a long way to eat here”
Review of Maguroguy

Maguroguy
Ranked #7 of 860 Restaurants in Surrey
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This restaurant used to be in Ladner and when they disappeared I was very sad. The new place is larger and the food may be even better. Terrific choices on menu. Food is served promptly and hot not luke warm. The flavours are memorable. The premises are very clean and staff is exceptionally polite. This is not the cheapest but I believe it is the best Sushi and I had to drive from Burnaby to have this treat. Syl

1  Thank Syl D

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Enjoyed lunch here last week with a friend. A very unique menu, tried some different things. Had smoked cod gyozas, delicious! Also sampled some oyster and scallop dishes. Had a sushi big roll that was a work of art and very tastey. Enjoyed this place, probably best sushi in Surrey area. Hear it is busy weekend nights, so avoid lineups and chose quieter times. You will love this place.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We have been looking for a Japanese restaurant that we would want to return to since we moved out this way. We tried the Bento box as felt that would give us a good introduction to the restaurant and the quality of food. We felt the salmon teriyaki was way better than the chicken. Service was excellent and they continually refilled your cup with tea. Are we going back?. Yes, but next time we will be more adventurous and try some of their other menu specialties.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

First. Maguroguy is so popular I highly recommend making a reservation, even during mid-week. Fortunately we did. There were several groups waiting for a table when my wife and I arrived a few minutes before our scheduled time and we were seated immediately. We did not have to wait for menus or tea. Both arrived promptly and within a few minutes our orders were taken.
We both ordered teriyaki boxes, which arrived within minutes. One chicken and one salmon which included excellent miso soup, ebi sunomono loaded with shrimp, 4 large pieces of Tempura; two of which were large prawns, a full 8 piece California roll and a small portion of rice. The salmon was wild not farmed. There was so much food, my wife ended up taking half of the California roll and the ebi sunomono home.
It was one of if not the best boxed Teriyaki's I have ever had. Including a 6 ounce $5.00 glass of wine our bill was under $35.00!!!
Despite the full restaurant, the service throughout our visit was courteous, efficient and friendly. Tea refilled at least 3 times.
We will be returning and next time order some of the very creative rolls listed on the menu as well as the sashimi. It will certainly become a favourite based on our first visit.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Found restaurant through TripAdvisor. Thank you to everyone who had submitted reviews. It was outstanding. Incredibly fresh and tasty sashimi. The best Pacific Tuna I have ever tasted. The sockeye salmon sashimi was incredible. The flavour exploded in your mouth. Same with the scallop sashimi. We had a spider roll and a California roll. Both were terrific. The place is tiny. Maybe 6 tables. Atmosphere is non existent. Arborite tables and bright lighting. None of the staff spoke much English. That makes it challenging trying to ask questions about the menu. Don't be deterred. The food is great.