“Signs, signs everywhere a sign”

Peace Portal Golf Club
Ranked #10 of 15 Outdoor Activities in Surrey
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Went to play the par 3 course as it is usually our favourite. But boy have things changed. The last two times we went, dress code is out of this world, short shorts, tank tops, men in no tops, skimpy little tops on some of the girls, groups of 5, and in one instance 5 people sharing ONE golf bag!
Now when you drive into the parking lot there is a sign that says dress code in effect, obviously this is an old sign as dress code does not apply any longer. So, on Sunday when the three of us went to play, there was a group of five young men, dressed for the beach, hanging around the putting green. The lady behind the counter quipped "for next time, please wear proper golf attire, no tanks or jeans". There was one young man in front of me and then it was my turn. Wrong! These four other men appeared out of nowhere, as badly dressed as the first and then butted in front of me. The lady and man behind the counter paid no heed to the fact that I had been patiently waiting in line. They made this group split up into a group of 2 and a group of 3, which lasted until the second hole. Finally got up to pay and she says, there is a 45 minute wait, she had already taken my payment, we wanted to play 18, but I was not given the choice, she just assumed that we only wanted 9, so what was I to do? I was pretty insulted by her tone and the fact that the signs they post mean nothing! I will give these 5 guys credit as when they all joined up together in yet another group of 5, they did not impede play.
The course itself is very pretty and has varied challenges throughout, is pretty well maintained, but I will not be back. Just the fact they will do anything to get players out on the course at the cost of serious players who follow the rules. We used to frequent this course at least once a week and it used to be so well organized, with being called to the tee box, a nice relaxed feeling, but now? mayhem!

2  Thank Karin F

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Beautiful Par 3 course with lots of trees, ponds and some hills. The Par 3 is like being in a park. Very close to the Peace Arch border crossing and 20 minutes away from White Rock beach.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I have played Peace Portal many times over the years, usually try to get a game in when I'm in the Vancouver area. It's a beautiful old-style course with large trees and a natural layout that seems to have been done without moving any dirt.
My most recent experience, though, was disappointing. The fairways were not in very good shape and the greens had been left to grow longer, making them very slow and inconsistent. The play was very slow - it took five and a quarter hours to play this relatively short layout. At one point a marshall apologized to us and said the problem had been resolved, but there was no change in the pace.

1  Thank Kashic
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Well maintained course, reasonable rates. Greens in good order.

Recommend weekday visit for good prices.