“Great Atmosphere”

Ranked #102 of 831 Restaurants in Surrey
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our Browns Socialhouse in Semiahmoo is found directly in the heart of beautiful South Surrey/White Rock. Located on the corner of the Semiahmoo Shopping Centre and within walking distance from the beach, we are just what this beautiful seaside community needs. We bring a comfortable social atmosphere, exceptional service and delicious food that will be sure to make everyone a regular.
Peace River, Alberta
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I think that every server and employee in the place introduced themselves to me by name, and I am pretty sure that they all remembered my name. I had the halibut tacos and Edamame, the edamame left a lot to be desired as they were lacking in flavour but the tacos were some of the bast I've ever had. The place is set up perfectly for socializing and making new friends. Matt, the bartender shared some funny stories with me. I will defiantly be back when I am visiting the coast. You definitely are not made to feel as though you are just another tip or another customer but truly a guest. The manager has this place in check. Keep up the great work. World cup soccer was on so it was busy for a Thursday afternoon but still the staff was attentive and fast.

• Visited June 2014

White Rock BC
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My buddy and I have been trying out a different eatery every Friday night for months. We have decided to meet at 6pm to get a head start on the dinner crunch. This locations best feature is the ease and ample parking availability. As we entered we immediately noticed the outside patio style seating which was covered and heated however quite breezy and cold but doable. We entered the restaurant area and it was already packed. It was also very loud that required raising your voice to a shout just to be heard by my buddy. We decided to stay and to sit outside in the heated patio area. It was necessary to keep out jackets on and we moved twice to find the warmest area. We were seated 5-10 minutes before our server approached for a drink order. There were no menus on the table. It was Martini special night so my buddy ordered a Grey Goose with olives and I ordered a bottle of their house red. Finally found a restaurant that provides proper red wine glasses. The martini came and was so "dirty" that all you could taste was olive juice. That drink was sent back and our server admitted she had ordered it "dirty" by mistake and she brought a second martini that looked like a Tom Collins in texture not clear as it should have been. The drink was short poured about an ounce or less and was sweet to taste. Pretty tough to screw up a plain Grey Goose Vodka martini with no vermouth but this bar person did it twice. My buddy finally just ordered a beer. The dinner menu was limited and pricey but we were hungry and chose the steak sandwich . The beef was cooked perfectly however the plate quantity was lacking . The meal included mushrooms and onion rings, I counted 4 slices of mushroom under my steak and I had 1 ring of deep fried onion about the size of a silver dollar. My buddy had a few more mushrooms similar onion ring. All in all the experience was less than acceptable and I wouldn't put this location on my "return to list". The bill for the two of us was around $80 and not a good value.

• Visited February 2014