“This place is garbage”

Ranked #389 of 872 Restaurants in Surrey
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Whalley
Description: Voted # one Indian restaraunt in Surrey newspaper reviews. This restaraunt is very casual and family oriented. My friend had recomended it and it was boy she was right. Like most good restaraunts, you must wait for a table. Its a short wait and it is more than worth the few minutes. If you like Indian food, this is the place to dine. Its a great place to take someone on a first or second date because its very quiet for such a busy place. We had several dish,s including the curried chicken, rice, spinich and a couple of spicy ones. The whole dinner for two was under forty dollars plus tip. I was very impressed with the speed which they delivered the delightful meal. The staff is going full speed but they are so nice. This restaraunt is all about the best food you will find within the Surrey area. :-)
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Food was so gross I can't even begin to explain. The veggie vindaloo tasted old and the veggie tasted off. It seemed liked the veggie that were in there were rotten or something. I took one bit and refused to eat it. The butter chicken was not that great either tasted really really sweet. Naan and rice tasted like they were rewarmed. We ordered drinks which were made wrong and they didn't even offer to remake it or take it off our bill. All in all I would not recommend anyone eatting at this place food is beyond disgusting. I wouldn't even eat here if someone paid me.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

Needed a quick dinner on the fly the other night, and happened to be going throught the neighbourhood (Scott Road & 95 Ave location). Called ahead for a pick-up and got good advice for combo meal choice. Very reasonable price ($12 for two curries, 2 pieces of tandoori chicken, rice, and a naan bread!).
Food was fantastic and I was really pleased with the experience. I've heard great things about this place and will definitely come to dine in with wife/family at some point. (My taxi driver that night says it's one of his favourite restaurants, too).

Reviewed 9 November 2012

Everytime we come here service is lacking. They are not happy to see you or seem very friendly at the door. Anyways their food is really good. I like it a lot, but I'm hesitant to go sometimes because of the service.
Don't order the wine, because it will not be fresh and then they will try and make you pay for another glass if you complain. Luckily I didn't because I kept complaining. but be warned.

Reviewed 13 October 2012

This was our 2nd visit to this Indian restaurant. The food was excellent again! My wife & I shared a mixed vegetarian snack platter for an appie that was very flavourful. For entrées, which we also shared, we ordered fish Korma, lamb Tikka Masala, small rice and naan….. we enjoyed it all. The service throughout the meal was also good. If you've never tried Indian food, this is the place to start, you can't go wrong.

Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Friday night 10:00pm and craving some Indian food, only one place to go...Mahek!. Service IS fast, prompt, polite, and welcoming. At the location on 156th & Hwy 10 in Surrey I found it to be very clean, parking was easy and it was a relaxing atmosphere. Even with the Indian music playing.

Food IS hot, delicious, and plentiful.

Here's the best part, there's always more food than you need, at least food for another dinner. There was only two of us and we could have easily fed another couple. We did pay around $56.00 for 4 dishes, naan & two pops.