“Worst Indian food ever”

Ranked #294 of 833 Restaurants in Surrey
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: Whalley
Description: Voted # one Indian restaraunt in Surrey newspaper reviews. This restaraunt is very casual and family oriented. My friend had recomended it and it was boy she was right. Like most good restaraunts, you must wait for a table. Its a short wait and it is more than worth the few minutes. If you like Indian food, this is the place to dine. Its a great place to take someone on a first or second date because its very quiet for such a busy place. We had several dish,s including the curried chicken, rice, spinich and a couple of spicy ones. The whole dinner for two was under forty dollars plus tip. I was very impressed with the speed which they delivered the delightful meal. The staff is going full speed but they are so nice. This restaraunt is all about the best food you will find within the Surrey area. :-)
Vancouver BC
“Worst Indian food ever”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I had been to Mahek a couple of years ago and quite liked it, then my husband had a dish with poor quality chicken and we never went back. Today, we gave it another shot. The place was empty (maybe that should have been our first clue). This place has gone seriously downhill. The vegetable samosa was good, but the chickpeas that went with it were way too spicy. I ordered a Shahi Paneer and my husband ordered a Vegetable Korma. Both dishes had no flavour. Have you ever had Indian food with no flavour? I haven't.. until today. My husband actually reached for the salt. It was honestly terrible. They also kept giving us room temperature water, which I guess is fine - but it just shows this place isn't bothered with even some basic things, like nice refreshing ice cold water. I'm so mad at myself for giving this place another try. I read all the recent reviews of this place - honestly I think it's got to be friends of the folks who own the place, it's not possible that anyone would think the food was anything better than absolutely gross.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Idealistic74

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“THE BEST INDIAN CUISINE IN TOWN!”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We come to dine or take out from Mahek very often! Especially when we are in town! The food is very well prepared and always up to excellent standards! Also the environment and atmosphere is very friendly and I would even say family oriented and we always feel so welcome! Best Butter Chicken and Garlic Naan we have tasted in Surrey!

Keep it up and open few more locations!!!

• Visited February 2013
“Great place!”
Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

I eat here all the and have to say that they have the best butter chicken in the city hands down. I would recommend this place!

Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
“Excellent Indian cuisine!”
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I was fortunate to discover this restaurant very close to where I live! I have eaten there a few times and every time I always have a really good meal and the service is very good too! I highly recommend this restaurant to those who love Indian food!

Visited August 2012
Delta, Canada
“Just GREAT Indian food”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I am very lucky to have this restaurant so close...consistently great food from the spicy tikka masala we have to their new spinach naan...all is served well, very tasty and at a great price.

• Visited December 2012