“Excellent sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Guildford
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Had many rolls and black cod was good. Scallop and spicy tuna rolls are very good. Restaurant is pretty small only 26 seats but quality and service is great.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

The food was a little Burn for my taste, but some people are into the Crispy kind I guess. Too Spicy in my personal opninion. Felt like the place was full of femenist too. The atmosphere just feelt shy overal and I couldn't help but feel a feeling of sadness for it. But I got a good end so is ok I guess.

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Every bite was an absolute pleasure. Loved the salmon, tuna, and tempura. It's a pretty small and comfortable place - definitely not pretentious. Also - wonderful service!

2  Thank Joeedmonton2
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We came to this restaurant because a friend we were with suggested it... and she wasn't wrong, our friend is Japanese and she said that the food tastes like back in Japan so we were delighted by the flavour of the food and the good service provided by the staff. It is a good option for couples and families.

1  Thank OscarIvan
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

I have been eating at Hanako since it turned into a Sushi Restaurant from a previous Baskin Robins. I used to live on the same street, and while I missed my ice cream, Hanako has been an amazing addition to Surrey.

The Sushi Chef is a permanent fixture in his own restaurant and it is a RARE occasion that he is not preparing the sushi. He is very particular about quality and we have NEVER been disappointed. I have watched this place go from a small clientele to having waited to get in the other day and I am very happy for their success.

Our favorites- the squid salad (sorry the name escapes me), chopped scallop cones are super fresh, amazing tempura, lobster tempura really good, excellent miso. They make their own hot sauce which is the best I have ever tasted! They have the best dressing I have ever tasted! I no longer live nearby and wish I could visit more often. Do not hesitate to go - its awesome.

3  Thank MrsSchatz