“The Place for lunchtime noodles”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of On Yuen Resturant

On Yuen Resturant
Ranked #133 of 830 Restaurants in Surrey
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Neighbourhood: Fleetwood
Surrey, Canada
“The Place for lunchtime noodles”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

On Yuen has consistently made excellent chow mein noodles, thick rice noodles, and Singapore rice noodles. We went back for one of our many return visits and I had my favourite black pepper chow mein (extra crispy). My wife had the flat rice noodles with beef - always tasty with a bit of a smokey flavor from the wok. If you enjoy spicy, you cannot go wrong with the Singapore rice noodles (curry flavored) and always good. Not a very good choice of wines but that's OK. For lunch, I just order a glass of house red. Sometimes I go for the Tsing-Tsao Chinese beer - friends tell me it tastes very much like a German beer. This is a casual restaurant with a strong local following. Eric, the owner, greets everyone by name and makes you feel welcome.

• Visited August 2014

Surrey, Canada
“Food quality has declined”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Our last 2 visits to On Yuen have been disappointing. The flavour and texture of the food is not like it used to be. Hopefully it will improve.

• Visited June 2014
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We have been looking for a really good Chinese restaurant in south Surrey for a while. This is it! Everything was fresh and the sauces and seasoning were great. The service was very attentive. A keeper for sure!

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Ken R
Surrey bc
“Unbelievable”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Ordered a meal from on yuen and when I got it it was gross , only had a few bites and started feeling something wasn't right. Went up to the front and told waitress about food and she screamed at me told me to get out and not to worry about paying. I then was followed out by three Chinese men from the restaurant who threatened me because I did not pay . This may escalate further.

• Visited November 2013
“23 out of 23 say Yes!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

Our chorus was in Surrey and planned a dinner between events. Regan sent a suggested menu for 23, we fine tuned it a bit and were all very pleased with the quantity and quality of the dishes that were brought to the tables. The service was great and the dishes appeared very quickly. At the end we each payed $12.25. Can't beat that! Wine and beer $3.50. Thanks to the On Yuen for making our contest weekend even better!

Visited April 2013