“Always Dependable”

Elizabeth's Chalet Restaurants
Reserve with OpenTable
Elizabeth's Chalet Restaurants is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 850 Restaurants in Surrey
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 177B St.
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I haven't been to Elizabeth's for some time but I was travelling with some colleagues in the Lower Mainland and recalled that the restaurant was not far from where we were. The menu had not changed much since I was there last so I picked the dependable Beef Goulash - yes real spatzel. It was fantastic, my colleagues had the Beef Stroganof and Schnitzel. No complaints!!

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

We were there not too long ago, That was our first visit. Good food,good service and very clean restaurant. very impress. we will be back.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

My husband and I dined here the week after christmas. The food is always great ,service good but the decor could use some up dating ....we always joke that its going to show up on a restaurant makeover show!!Back to the food,the schnitzel is amazing same for the red cabbage and spatzel...and they are in the entertainment book this year!!

2  Thank Sammyram
Reviewed 13 December 2012

This is the best German food restaurant I have been to. Since the new owner the restaurant has not changed one bit......the same menu, the best service, very friendly

Reviewed 12 December 2012

Have been coming here for at least 6 years, and never really disappointed in a meal that I have had at this restaurant. Was up in Canada two weeks earlier, and my wife and I decided to have dinner around 8:15pm and pulled up, and surprisingly, it was closed at this time on a Thursday night! ??? So anyway, was up in Canada with the wife a week later and thought we'd try it again. Atmosphere is still wonderful, but was a bit on the humorous side when the maitre'd asked if we had "reservations", and the place was totally empty. They put us over on the west side of the building, and unfortunately when we left an hour later, we were surrounded by other diners (would've liked to have had a bit more privacy with my wife), but the east dining room was entirely empty. A) Why did we have to have "reservations" when the place an hour later is still more than 70% empty, and B), couldn't they have left a bit more space in between diners rather than squishing us altogether? It isn't like this made a major impact to the review, but just seems odd that things like this were not really something that occurred with the other owners (just like the flowers that used to be on the tables . .oh well).

The meal was good (both my wife and I ordered the Schintzel Cordon Blue), but the previous time I had ordered it, it was like a schnitzel where it was thin and covered the entire plate. This one was more like a pork chop in size and flavor, and was kind of disappointing in the sense that you want the thinness and crispiness of the schnitzel when it is prepared this way. The spatzle is still great, and our server was attentive and gracious.

All in all, it is still a solid restaurant, and one of my wife's favorite places. But again, I couldn't give it 5 stars when I remember it as it "used to be" versus "as it is now".