“Tenderloin turned Bison lover”
Review of Blue Eyed Marys - CLOSED

Blue Eyed Marys
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vancouver, Canada
“Tenderloin turned Bison lover”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I had been to their restaurant when it was on Bowen Island and always raved that they served THE best beef tenderloin anywhere in the lower mainland (yes, better then a steak house), so I was disappointed when I went to their new location in West Vancouver and didn't see tenderloin on the menu. I had never had bison before and was skeptical. I was told it was organic and just as tender as a tenderloin. I must say I was thankful that that knowledgeable staff talked me into it as it was absolutely delicious. I have been back several times for the bison and the chicken thighs (again I usually order chicken breast but you have to try these). So glad you are keeping up with the local organic food but even more excited that your food is delicious and creative (changing monthly)

1 Thank Patty D

Vancouver, BC
“One of the best in West Vancouver”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

There is little to choose in the way of good restaurants in West Vancouver. The masses opt for another chain restaurant at the mall, but Blue Eyed Mary's offers a creative menu, cozy charming eclectic interior and friendly good service. My husband and I came here for a Friday night dinner arriving late for our reservation. The host and owner was friendly and allowed us to pick our seat. The front of the restaurant is bright and looks out over Marine, the back is darker and more intmate. White table cloths and candles, fine glass wares provide an upper scale feel though the mood is more casual than stuffy. There is a good wine list with some interesting options we have not seen at other restaurants, like some Okanagan Crush Pad wines. An effort has been made to provide a varitety to the diner. Being we are both vegetarians, we really note and appreciate when a restaurant makes an effort to provide something unique for us veggies as so many don't. We have been to this restaurant several months before and enjoyed a delicious baked acorn squash, this time the choice Curried Root Vegetables, Sweet Potato Cakes, Plantain Chips, Jerk Spice Drizzle and Raisin Goat Yoghurt - fabuous and delicious. I started with the White Bean Soup and my husband had Caramelized Onion Tart, Sauerkraut, Baked Apple, Crispy Prosciutto, Sherry Cider Reduction which was scrumptios. Each diner is treated to a plate of melt in your mouth fresh bread at the start and we finished off by sharing their Honeyed Pear and Blue Cheese And Hazelnut Treacle - I had to hold myself back from licking the plate! So good! Our entire meal with a bottle of wine came to $117 - and the service was right on. Thank goodness there is a good locally run business to choose from and support. Check out Blue Eyed Mary's if you haven't yet, you won't be dissapointed.

2 Thank vancouver_realtor
West Vancouver
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a gem this place is !”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

First time in years i have been to a new restaurant and felt it was really good, excellent food, very warm and pleasant service and not unreasonable price wise - the best restaurant on the North Shore - we will be back !

“One of our favourites”
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed Blue Eyed Mary's often on Bowen Island. The new location is certainly different but Carol's food is still wonderful. Steven, the owner/host is as enjoyable as ever. His knowledge of wine is very good and he knows how to serve up some delightful ATTITUDE too. I chose the Brisket, she chose Trout. Both were winners. If you are near West Vancouver, don't miss it.

Visited April 2013
West Vancouver, Canada
“Great, comfortable restaurant....best in West Van”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We just caught the end of the season's menu-- wholesome fare/root vegetables etc. We'll be very interested in the upcoming spring menu too! The restaurant is calm, relaxing and conservatively decorated...white beadboarding on the walls, limited colour--- very nice and cozy feeling. Service is great-- very attentive but not overbearing. Dinner was excellent and surprisingly generous and filling. We each had "greens with cheddar and roasted garlic dressing to start followed by Sable Fish, Fennel Apple And Caraway Relish, Braised Red Cabbage And Rösti Potato--- and-- Chicken Thighs, Sage Gravy, Braised Root Vegetables And Herb Dumplings. Both were excellent and served hot. With 1/2 titre of house white, the bill with tax (HST- soon to be GST) was about $127. I felt that it was a bit expensive which is why I rate it 4 out of 5. Don't get me wrong though... it's excellent and we'll be back.

• Visited March 2013