“A delightful place”

The Truffle House & Cafe
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: Diner, French, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: It can be described as a restaurant, coffee shop, caterer, boutique and evenart gallery, but The Truffle House & Café is truly a warm place to eat European cuisine at a very reasonable price. Philippe & Fabienne Chaber have created a cozyand comfortable atmosphere and offer a delicious combination of French, Italian and West Coast specialties that your taste buds will love.Fabienne was taught the art of gastronomy in France by Michelin Star chefs Michel Mico and Jean Sulpice. With Philippe, they managed one of the biggest gastronomy and entertainment resorts of the French Riviera (Cap d'Antibes), La Maison des Pêcheurs.In the kitchen, the "West Coast touch" is provided by Dundarave's very own James Hodgins, former Beach House restaurant executive chef. Part of their mission is to "democratize" the truffle – to allow people to add truffle, truffle butter, truffle oil, or truffle sauce to their meals at reasonable prices.
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We ate three times in four days at the Truffle House in Dundarave Village near where we stayed in West Vancouver. Excellent food and service. Reasonable prices. Another piece of evidence to make sure you always eat whre the locals eat.

There are newer reviews for The Truffle House & Cafe

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We have recently moved into this neighbourhood and decided last minute to go out for an early light, quick dinner. Truffles greeted us warmly and seated us immediately. We placed our order for pasta dishes and even though there were very few people there we waited 40 minutes for the food to be served. When it arrived it was excellent - hot, flavourful, and tastefully presented. Yes, we will go again but I would hope that it would not take so long to be served.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Best eggs Benedict I've had in a very long time. Small cafe, nice breakfast menu and friendly staff.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I go there regularly since 2013, all the way from East Vancouver, for brunch and breakfast.
The crepes are tasty, generously stuffed--I love the wild mushrooms one.
The daily quiches are great (surprisingly thick and light at the same time).
This is always so difficult to chose only one dessert... Favourites are the tatin, the crème brûlée and the chocolate mouse (easily the best I've ever had in my life, no kidding). I usually end up taking two...
There's also a very good selection of wines!
And, I really do like the friendly, yet discrete service: the staff will be happy to talk with you if you feel chatty, but will never impose its presence if you are absorbed in a conversation with your friends (which is quite rare in Vancouver).
I recommend.

2  Thank Julien L
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Had a pleasant dinning experience at a Truffle house. Staff was friendly and the restaurant has a good vibe. Entrees were well presented and flavourful. I had the sable fish which was one of the dinner specials and was not disappointed. I would give the overall dinning experience a B.