“Good - location, Bad - noisy...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Vancouver
Capilano River RV Park
Keizer, Oregon
“Good - location, Bad - noisy...”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Reservation - I made a reservation on line. It apparently was accepted and the site said I would get an email confirmation. I never got it. 6 weeks before my trip I called to confirm. Talked with a nice person who confirmed my reservation and said I would get an email. I never got that one either. 3 days before arrival, I needed to move my reservation up one day. Talked with a nice person who couldn't find my reservation but said that would be no problem and I would get an email. Got it but for the original dates. Arrived at the park at the new date. Clerks were not friendly and couldn't find my reservation. They said it didn't matter, gave me another site which was much tighter than my original site. Went to the office the next day to make sure I wasn't charged for a no show on the original reservation. Talk with another not very friendly person and hopefully got that straightened out.
The Park - have stayed here a couple times. It is an urban park...sites are very close together and lots of traffic noise. There are not many showers and toilets, and the wifi was pitifully slow. The kudos is location! Very close to downtown and many Vancouver attractions. Walking distance to a mall with tons of eating options and a Whole Foods for cooking needs. It is a bit spendy but you pay for the location. It is what it is....

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs : )
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jaxwolf
Manager_295, General Manager at Capilano River RV Park, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Guest,
I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review our RV Park. Also, I wanted to extend our apologies for your struggles with your reservation. We always strive for excellent customer service and a seamless reservation process and it sounds as if we may have missed the mark on this occasion.
Also regarding the noise levels, as you mentioned, we are an "urban campground" and unfortunately you do sacrifice the peace and quite of the great outdoors when you come here. However, most of our guests leave extremely happy with the location and find the noise levels are not really an issue. After all, when you are this close to all Vancouver has to offer a little noise is to be expected.
Lastly, I encourage you to come back and try us again on your next trip through Vancouver. We hope to se you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I DO NOT recommend this campsite if you are sleeping in a tent or tent trailer and expect to sleep. You hear all the traffic from the city of Vancouver and your camping neighbours (who are no more than 6 feet away from you). We were "lucky" enough to have people beside us with a happy dog, that woke our whole family up at 6am (2 or 3 hours earlier than we would have normally woken up).

The facility itself is well kept and central to everything, but we didn't enjoy our stay because we didn't sleep!

• Stayed July 2014
Manager_295, General Manager at Capilano River RV Park, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our RV Park. It is feedback like this that allows us the chance to take a look at our operation from the guests perspective.

Firstly, I wanted to apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. We strive to make each of our guests happy while they are here.

Secondly, I wanted to concede that our tenting sites are somewhat close to the road, but after all this is urban camping. We are located in the heart of Vancouver and although some of our sites are a little close to the road (and each other) we feel the proximity to Vancouver and excellent facilities more than make up for it. If you are looking for a quite retreat in the wilderness than there are many locations in BC where you can experience this. However, if you are looking to explore Vancouver and stay in a clean and well run facility then this is the place.

Lastly, I wanted to invite you back for another stay. I encourage you to try us again on your next trip through Vancouver. If you like, contact Management directly, so we can assist you in finding a spot with minimal noise so you can enjoy fully enjoy yourselves next time.

Travellers are raving about these West Vancouver hotels

Flagler Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2014

the location couldn't be better for visiting stanley park and the capilano suspension bridge as well as vancouver itself --- and there's an amazing shopping area (park royal) a few blocks away. it's really the perfect location for everything you want to do while you're here. there's a pool and a hot tub, everything was very clean and the staff was very nice.

but there are very few 50 amp sites and all the sites are close together. we couldn't even get our awnings out -- on either side. fortunately, there's so much to do in vancouver we didn't spent much time in the coach and it wasn't a big deal....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our RV Park.

I am happy you enjoyed your stay and got to experience all that Vancouver has to offer. I do agree our spots are a little tighter than what rural parks offer, but you are right, the payoff of being minutes from downtown Vancouver is worth it.

We hope you will come see us again on your next trip through town.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 days here. The only minor is that the sites are rather close to eachother but we were away a lot so that didn't bother us. Plusses:
- very near downtown Vancouver
- WiFi Worked well
- Nice pool and hot tub
- Friendly and helpfull staff
We definately would come back here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at the Capilano RV park for two nights. It's in a fantastic location, it's clean with good facilities. Trailer spots were a bit tight but as we were out and about during the days and nt hanging at the rv park this didn't really pose a problem

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank iamelli
Manager_295, General Manager at Capilano River RV Park, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback. I will be sure to let the cleaning staff know you found the facilities up to standard.

Come see us again on your next trip through Vancouver!

Regards,
Kerang, Australia
Reviewed 31 May 2014

this park is in a perfect spot close to vancouver, capilano suspension bridge ,and grouse mountain. stanley park is just across the bridge.walking distance to bus and shops.park was quite and clean, shower/toilets were spotless staff were great would stay again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dean a
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Readers: To be 100% clear, I didn't stay here so my review doesn't reflect the facility itself. My review relates my experience trying to book there.

I wanted to stay here for 6 nights with my family of 4 and our travel trailer because of its reviews here and its proximity to downtown Vancouver. But, after the experience with trying to book, I moved on. Too bad because I was looking forward to it.

Here is how it went:

May 4 - Submitted request via their online form and received an immediate automated response saying that staff would process my request as soon as possible and that I'd receive another email when my request was processed. (side note: automated response didn't contain what my request was for -- # nights, type of site, # people, etc. -- , which I find odd.)

May 8 - Followed up via email to ask about my reservation request because I hadn't heard anything.

May 13, 9am - Followed up via email for the second time since I still hadn't heard anything from them.

May 13, 2:40pm - Received a return ALL CAPS email asking for my credit card number within 72 hours or the reservation would be released. Nothing else was in the email.

May 14 - sent credit card information and asked them to acknowledge receipt of payment and to provide details of my reservation (# nights, # people, type of site, rate, etc.) Remember, it was May 4 since I submitted my request and I had no formal record of what my request was.

May 26 - Still no word from them. I finally decided to pick up the phone to get confirmation verbally. Admittedly, I could have done this sooner but I'm accustomed to online services working as they should. Believe it or not, I was still ready to go here, depending on how the phone call went. It did not go well; the lady who answered looked up my reservation (indeed, they had it) and said they still needed credit card information from me. I told her that I sent it May 14. (yeah, I know I shouldn't send via email but I did) The email was a 'Reply' to the payment request email from May 13 so I know the email address was correct. And, it is the email listed on the website. To summarize, the tone of the conversation was such that I decided to cancel and take my chances someplace else. I wouldn't quite say she was rude but definitely indifferent. Ironically, within 5 minutes of cancelling on the phone, I received an email confirming my cancellation!

This 6 day stay is only one part of a month long trip and the lack of customer service was in stark contrast to the excellent service - both online and on the phone - that I received when booking all our other sites. I assume their success must be based on their proximity to Vancouver and not service. I hope my experience was the exception rather than the rule here.

There isn't much else around Vancouver so I hope it works out for me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank CBAD2014
Manager_295, General Manager at Capilano River RV Park, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. After all, it is feedback like yours that allows to us to take a look at our operation from the guests perspective.

I wanted to apologize for the trouble you had while trying to book with us. I would also like to reassure you that this is not normal practice for us. This review came as quite a surprise to me especially your encounter with an "indifferent" staff member. Our employees should definitely not be 'indifferent" while trying to help a potential client!

Please rest assured we will be investigating and following up with the team to ensure bookings are not dropped like this in the future. I hope you will reconsider booking with us another time and again would like to thank you for the feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Vancouver
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suites
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suit...
#3 of 10 in North Vancouver
Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
#9 of 10 in North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North...
#2 of 10 in North Vancouver
Lonsdale Quay Hotel
Lonsdale Quay Hotel
#4 of 10 in North Vancouver

Been to Capilano River RV Park? Share your experiences!