“Great location, but don't count on the wi-fi”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Vancouver
Capilano River RV Park
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We're on day two of 12 nights here on a working vacation. As such, we need solid, reliable wi-fi, which is why I specifically spoke with the office staff in advance and was assured that the wi-fi is great and can be accessed from everywhere in the park. They even extoll the virtues of their wi-fi on their website. I guess I should have checked tripadvisor instead.

When the wi-fi works, it is OK, but it frequently disappears or is so slow that it is virtually useless. The location here is great and for that we're OK with the downsides of an urban park ( noise, proximity of neighbors, etc.). But if a business is not only going to advertise an amenity, but also make claims when specifically addressed, they need to put their money where their mouth is or 'fess up. They would have been full without us, so the can afford to be honest.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lcm1961
Manager_295, General Manager at Capilano River RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking the time to review us online. It is feedback like this that allows us to take a look at things from the guests point of view.
I wanted to take a moment to apologize for the trouble you had with the internet while staying with us. We have recently done a complete overhaul of the Wi-Fi throughout the RV Park so I was actually a little surprised to see this review. In the future when you are staying with us we have a 24/7 technical support team available to assist with any issues you are having. This number can be found on the log in/password pamphlet provided to you on check in. Our feedback from our customers on the new Wi-Fi system has been great and anytime anyone is having issues they have found that by calling the support line they are quickly resolved.
I was glad to hear you enjoyed the central location of the RV Park and we hope to host you again on your next trip through Vancouver.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This RV park could not be situated in a better location it`s close to everything and there`s no problem using public transportation. The park is clean and they try to keep most of the grass areas trimmed and tidy. The recycle area could have been cleaner, the bins were dirty and grubby I did not want to touch them. We are in a camper and did not use the shower facilities so I can`t comment on this area. The pool and hot tub was in constant use and all seemed to be enjoying themselves immensely as the weather was hot and sunny. I did have a problem with the reservation, I booked on line and never having any difficulties in the past in booking hotels or other activities I went ahead and did so. I booked weeks in advance and the day before we were to leave for vancouver we received an email showing the site we chose had been changed. I called immediately and was told they have the right to change sites if they need to do so. I acknowledged their policy but when we saw the site they choose for us I could have cried they put us next to a person who is a permanent residence and he hasn`t cleaned his camper in years, dirt and rust dripping off the side we had to look at, the whole time of our stay we did not sit outside. I did go back to the office to say how unkept it was, as soon as I did I was told angrily that they hold the right to change site locations. I looked at my hubby and said she doesn`t want to help. We were hoping maybe we could be moved in the next day or so to a different site but that didn`t occur to her and she didn`t care. We chose not to go back into that office again it was a definite deadend and they seemed overwhelmed by their workload.

Room Tip: If you book on line you should still phone to make sure your site hasn`t been changed or worst yet...

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Capilano River RV Park and for reviewing us online.
It sounds as if you stayed with us over a very busy time period and we may have had to move you from your preferred location. I apologize for this. Although we do our best to accommodate customers requested sites we cannot always make this happen due to the volume of customers we have staying with us (who all have different size units). We do disclose this when you are making an online or over the phone booking. We absolutely do our best whenever possible to keep people where they would like to be, but unfortunately just like when you stay at a hotel, not all requests can be accommodated. I would invite you to try us again on your next trip through Vancouver.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Our family stayed here for four nights at the end of July. I've been coming here since I was a kid and more have brought my own family. Amazing location, easy to get anywhere you would want to go while in Vancouver. The park is extremely well kept and clean. The staff that we interacted with were very friendly and knowledgeable in particular the evening security guard, a pleasant woman with a passion for Vancouver. Like other reviewers have said it is noisy with traffic and the sites are a little close together but we wanted a home base for touring around and it was the trade off for staying so central.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review and I'll be sure to pass along the great feedback to the team.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Stunning views over the narrow gorge, incredible treetop walk. You realise just how much we depend on these awe inspiring huge varieties of tree. They keep the planet alive. You will come away with a new love and concern for our whole ecosystem .

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Chris A
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Reservation - I made a reservation on line. It apparently was accepted and the site said I would get an email confirmation. I never got it. 6 weeks before my trip I called to confirm. Talked with a nice person who confirmed my reservation and said I would get an email. I never got that one either. 3 days before arrival, I needed to move my reservation up one day. Talked with a nice person who couldn't find my reservation but said that would be no problem and I would get an email. Got it but for the original dates. Arrived at the park at the new date. Clerks were not friendly and couldn't find my reservation. They said it didn't matter, gave me another site which was much tighter than my original site. Went to the office the next day to make sure I wasn't charged for a no show on the original reservation. Talk with another not very friendly person and hopefully got that straightened out.
The Park - have stayed here a couple times. It is an urban park...sites are very close together and lots of traffic noise. There are not many showers and toilets, and the wifi was pitifully slow. The kudos is location! Very close to downtown and many Vancouver attractions. Walking distance to a mall with tons of eating options and a Whole Foods for cooking needs. It is a bit spendy but you pay for the location. It is what it is....

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs : )
1  Thank Jaxwolf
Manager_295, General Manager at Capilano River RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest,
I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review our RV Park. Also, I wanted to extend our apologies for your struggles with your reservation. We always strive for excellent customer service and a seamless reservation process and it sounds as if we may have missed the mark on this occasion.
Also regarding the noise levels, as you mentioned, we are an "urban campground" and unfortunately you do sacrifice the peace and quite of the great outdoors when you come here. However, most of our guests leave extremely happy with the location and find the noise levels are not really an issue. After all, when you are this close to all Vancouver has to offer a little noise is to be expected.
Lastly, I encourage you to come back and try us again on your next trip through Vancouver. We hope to se you again!

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I DO NOT recommend this campsite if you are sleeping in a tent or tent trailer and expect to sleep. You hear all the traffic from the city of Vancouver and your camping neighbours (who are no more than 6 feet away from you). We were "lucky" enough to have people beside us with a happy dog, that woke our whole family up at 6am (2 or 3 hours earlier than we would have normally woken up).

The facility itself is well kept and central to everything, but we didn't enjoy our stay because we didn't sleep!

• Stayed: July 2014
Manager_295, General Manager at Capilano River RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our RV Park. It is feedback like this that allows us the chance to take a look at our operation from the guests perspective.

Firstly, I wanted to apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. We strive to make each of our guests happy while they are here.

Secondly, I wanted to concede that our tenting sites are somewhat close to the road, but after all this is urban camping. We are located in the heart of Vancouver and although some of our sites are a little close to the road (and each other) we feel the proximity to Vancouver and excellent facilities more than make up for it. If you are looking for a quite retreat in the wilderness than there are many locations in BC where you can experience this. However, if you are looking to explore Vancouver and stay in a clean and well run facility then this is the place.

Lastly, I wanted to invite you back for another stay. I encourage you to try us again on your next trip through Vancouver. If you like, contact Management directly, so we can assist you in finding a spot with minimal noise so you can enjoy fully enjoy yourselves next time.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

the location couldn't be better for visiting stanley park and the capilano suspension bridge as well as vancouver itself --- and there's an amazing shopping area (park royal) a few blocks away. it's really the perfect location for everything you want to do while you're here. there's a pool and a hot tub, everything was very clean and the staff was very nice.

but there are very few 50 amp sites and all the sites are close together. we couldn't even get our awnings out -- on either side. fortunately, there's so much to do in vancouver we didn't spent much time in the coach and it wasn't a big deal....

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our RV Park.

I am happy you enjoyed your stay and got to experience all that Vancouver has to offer. I do agree our spots are a little tighter than what rural parks offer, but you are right, the payoff of being minutes from downtown Vancouver is worth it.

We hope you will come see us again on your next trip through town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Vancouver
Lonsdale Quay Hotel
Lonsdale Quay Hotel
#4 of 10 in North Vancouver
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suites
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suit...
#3 of 10 in North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North...
#2 of 10 in North Vancouver

Been to Capilano River RV Park? Share your experiences!