“Was pretty Good”

Price range: US$11 - US$27
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Overlooking the waters of Horseshoe Bay, Olive & Anchor offers casual, great value dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner served in a relaxed atmosphere by friendly and professional staff. Our menu is all about simple, home-made, un-fussy and delicious food using only fresh produce.
Reviewed 5 April 2014

There is some good energy at the Olive and Anchor. The staff are attentive and the story of how this place started is cool. Nice to see local talent at work. The lunch food was pretty good and the location is nice; just across the street is Horseshoe Bay. Not sure how it rates the best place in West Vancouver but it probably has a lot to do with the staff, the location and the good food. Maybe after a dinner at the Olive and Anchor, we will be more convinced it is worthy of top dog.

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

For years, my ferry wait at Horseshoe Bay has included coffee or a meal at the neighboring establishment. Why? Why!

No more greasy food; from now on - since my first visit a few months ago - I'm a fan of the Olive and Anchor. The food is clean, fresh and original. The seafood soups and chowders are brimming with seafood. The staff are super friendly. Further, while the draft beer selection is not huge, it covers the entire spectrum of beer styles. And the wait staff are extremely knowledgeable about the beers they serve.

Prices are good to average. Ambience is comfortable.

I'll keep coming back.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

After visiting this wonderful pub with an Asian accent, I just had to write to recommend it. The only problem is that I won't be able to get in the next time I drop by. It is already very popular with locals, but I wonder whether the tourists going to Vancouver Island by the nearby ferry are aware of what they are missing. It is open daily for lunch through the dinner hour. The menu is varied and well priced appealing to children as well as everyone else. The service is excellent and the food arrives promptly. My favourite thing on the menu is KFC - Korean Fried Chicken wings. Every time I introduce someone new to the restaurant, I order that as an appetiser and get nothing but raves. This is a truly finger lickin' good dish (it comes with a finger bowl). Fish and chips, burgers of all kinds, seafood pasta, interesting sandwiches, they have them all and much much more, including great desserts. I was chatting with the manager the last time I was at the restaurant and he told me his philosophy - every dish must perfect every time you order it. And his record is 100%!!!!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Excellent food and service, cozy atmosphere. A family run business doing it right, and one of my favourite places to grab a meal.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The food here is always great, so fresh and well worth the drive to Horseshoe Bay, they also have great take out if your in a hurry to catch a ferry, my favourite is the Goggie Dog, the best exotic steak sandwich you will ever have! my only criticism is that the lighting is to bright for dinner!