“I read the reviews online before I rented a room from them.....”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Pemberton Hotel

Pemberton Hotel
Pemberton Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pemberton
vancouver
“I read the reviews online before I rented a room from them.....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

This is one of the most out of date, broken run down hotel rooms I have seen in my life. Not even the old motel rooms at the motel 6 in Las vegas were this outdated.

I needed a place in Pemberton to attend a wedding, so this was it, also the cheapest room I can find, but for $85 a night, its very very overpriced to hell. The bathroom is horrible, the room has a really easy to break in lock to secure your items, weird plumbing sounds , paper thin walls and front door and the list goes on.

If you are SCREWED and need a place to stay, stay in your car or drive the extra 30 kms to whistler and spend a little more because this place is horrible.

NOT WORTH $30 a night, even at that price you are still getting ripped off.

This was a one time experience for me.

Room Tip: Drive to Whistler and pay a little more for a quality room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Chris W

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Korean first
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Cheap compared to Whistler, but over priced for the shape the room was in. The rooms are in pretty bad shape (bathroom door doesn't latch, holes in ceiling, etc.) but they were clean at least, and no evidence of bugs.

There's a commuter bus that runs into Whistler a few times a day if that's what you're here for, and a cab will run you ~$80 on busier nights to get back to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank 1Wilke

Travellers are raving about these Pemberton hotels

Surrey, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

My girlfriend and I attempted to stay at this hotel on our driving trip through the area. We walked up to the front desk around five o'clock in the afternoon and no one was at the desk. Not a big deal so we waited....and waited...and waited...several staff walked by and saw us waiting at the desk however we were not acknowledged and no one went to tell whoever was working the desk that someone was there.

After about 10 minutes we left and stayed at another hotel in town.

I can not speak to anything else about this hotel other than the non-existent service. I'm sure it's a lovely hotel, but unfortunately I was never given the chance to find out.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ryan C
Victoria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Considering how disgusting this hotel is, it is extremely overpriced. The hotel itself was over a bar which blasted its base until 2 am. It was not sanitary as there was pee on the wall and old garbage under the bed. Mold was everywhere and there was a booger on the wall. The door had no lock and we had to push a dresser against it. We didn't get what we booked and it was extremely upsetting as the incompetent hotel agent was unwilling to help us out. The worst part was definitely the loud bar downstairs. I would never recommend this place. It was horrible. It is overpriced, dirty and just overall terrible.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank James56Victoria
Langley, British Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

While in Whistler we took a drive into Pemberton and dropped in at the the Pub which part of the Pemberton Hotel dated 1914. A place to meet the very friendly locals and discuss the daily news over a beer with some terrific lunch fare. My husband had the Spicy Chicken Burger and I had "the best Ruben I have every had" with a nice cold beer.
A visit to the local "General Store" is quite an experience also. One can find a guitar or riding chaps.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NGann
West Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed here in February 2012. It is an older hotel but clean and the staff is pretty friendly. We had tried to get a room in Whistler but the cheapest we could find was almost $200 plus taxes. Our price at what the locals call the Pem Ho was $85 including the taxes. There is a diner downstairs and a pub also, where we got to chat to a few locals. Overall it wasn't too bad. It is only 20 mins from Whistler and Pemberton is an absolutely beautiful town. Don't highly recommend but if you are looking for good value, you get it at this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room down the hall and not overtop of the pub.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank peter g
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

When we arrived on new years day after a drive from banff, we thought this would be a great little stop over at a great price...how severely wrong I was. I write this review prior to enduring a full night at the pembo, for before I return I am lining all available blood cells with hard liquor to numb the event, much like a dentist injects pain killers until you feel nothing.
The initial lobby display was promising, clean and neat, but all was forgotten when the hotel counter operator arrived to check us in, in what seemed like slow motion torture. We eventually got the key and headed up the narrow stinking stair case to a putrid urine stained carpeted hall way, it seems a previous tenant missed the comunal toilet and used door 41...rank!
Put key in lock, turn knob, open door...amazing slap in the face from the decor and stench...I needed to use the bathroom but even my waste didn't want to be exposed to this dump.

Highly not-recommended!

• Stayed January 2012
4 Thank Xwagon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pemberton
Pemberton Valley Lodge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,475 reviews
Greenwood Country Inn
Greenwood Country Inn
#1 of 8 in Pemberton

Been to Pemberton Hotel? Share your experiences!