“Simply awesome.”

Totally Awesome Adventures
Ranked #5 of 6 Tours in Pemberton
More attraction details
Owner description: Totally Awesome Adventures is Whistler's premier snowmobile tour company. Carve up the powder or explore an icecave on the Pemberton Icecap. Whistler snowmobile tours at its best.
Whistler
“Simply awesome.”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

There are very few times that the word awesome is actually deserved, however the day I spent with Ray and a couple of my friends up on the Pemberton Ice Cap on his Totally Awesome Adventures tour is one of those times.

We spent the sunny April day touring around the vast, impressive and challenging terrain on the snow mobiles stopping off from time to time to taking in the limitless views.

I have been on a number of snow mobile tours in Whistler and other North American locations, and this was the best by a massive amount.

I am looking forward to taking some of my friends on another tour with Ray as I know they will love it.

Visited April 2012

Chesterton, Indiana
“The Best of the Best!”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I've taken a lot of great snowmobile trips -- Yellowstone...the Continental Divide near Vail...Utah's Wasatch. None compare to cruising with Ray on the Pemberton Ice Fields. What a first class operation -- great sleds, plenty of challenge and a landscape like no other. Our early Feb tour is still a frequent topic of conversation, and crosses my mind daily. We wanted a “one-of-a-kind” experience, and we definitely found it with Totally Awesome Adventures.

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best snowmobile trip out there”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Totally Awesome Adventures took us sledding up on the Pemberton Icecap again this year. We have been out a few times the last couple of years and as always the trip really was ''awesome". I highly recommend this trip to anyone who wants to experience 'real' snow mobiling. Hight quality machines, excelllent guiding, deep powder and an incredible high alpine eperience.

2 Thank Brett C
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Exceptional”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was my second guide with Ray Mason and every time I am amazed. First, he knows the area as if it's his own back yard. And second, he is good at digging people out ;)
We rode the Rutherford Trail both times and being out in backcountry gives you an experience you'll never forget. The behemoth mountains make you feel so small but so alive. The ice cap was insane! Like nothing I've ever seen before...ice fields as far as you can see, power so soft, sky crystal clear! Ray taught me the basics of snowmobiling, I even tried counter steering and carving. The best part is even when you fall off the snowmobile the soft snow makes you feel like you fell into a bed! It's the best of both worlds! His lovely wife Lorine packs a great lunch for you that can be enjoyed during the trip. Also, Ray teaches you about avalanche safety and takes all precautions that your trip is safe and fun. Ray you are awesome!
If anyone is thinking of snowmobiling in the Whistler area you MUST MUST go with Ray! You will not regret it and it's well worth it! Enjoy!!
-Irina

Visited January 2012
1 Thank BigI2005
Oceanside, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Ray Rules the Pemberton Ice Cap”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Yesterday was my third solo full day tour with Ray over the past 5 years. If you want an extremely knowledgable and experienced mountain guide - Ray is the man.

This is not your usual "follow the leader" tour. This is mountain sledding at it's best and Ray let's you loose - but I got the sense he always had my back if I messed up. He's also really good at getting you unstuck.

Typical Ray - "I''m going to head up that mountain shute over there and in the meantime feel free to ride around that area over there..." And then he points an area that could be 50 square miles of untouched power. Followed by "....unless you want to try this too?"

And make no mistake...Ray could challenge even the most experienced rider (which I am not). I have never seen a sledder with better technical skills and control.

Make sure you get a good night's sleep before you go....you are going to need it.

1 Thank Jason J