“awesome overnight stay”

Ranked #1 of 8 Pemberton B&B and Inns
forks
“awesome overnight stay”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This is an incredibly beautiful and welcoming B & B. From the minute we rode up Margit was there to greet us, show us to our rooms then quickly brought us cold drinks. We had spent several hours on the motorcycle, it was very hot out and the cold drinks & soothing hot tub were the perfect end to a long day. The bed was sooo comfortable we slept like babies. Breakfast the next morning was organic, delicious, and very filling. We can't wait to go back again. Margit made us feel very welcome. It was like being right at home!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank joyce b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Kent, Washington
Reviewed 25 July 2012

My husband, myself and friends were on a motorcycle trip to Prince George, BC and stopped for one night at this B&B. From the moment we arrived to the moment we had to leave the hospitality was wonderful. Margit is a warm and welcoming hostess. The rooms were comfortable, the hot tub was great and the views from the deck were breathtaking! The weather was perfect so we were able to have breakfast (which was delicious) on the deck while looking out at the mountains. It felt like we were in a European location. I did not want to leave and I am so ready to go back to stay longer and explore the area around Pemberton. Thank you Margit for making us feel welcome!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank fritztnt
Porterville, CA
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We were so impressed with Margit's warm welcome, the beauty and charm of the inn and the dramatic views that after being there for about 15 minutes we asked if there were openings for a second night. Forturnately there was a room available, and we had two two lovely eveninngs
in this very special place. In addition to the attractive and well appointed rooms the breakfasts that Margit served were fresh,wholesome, and delicious. Breakfast was served on the second floor deck, right by the treetops and with views of the beautiful green valley and mountains.

Margit knows the area well, and she made recommendations for places that she thought we would enjoy seeing, places not in the usual guide books. Pemberton is the perfect place for relaxing and just soaking up beautiful scencery, but it's close enough to Whistler that one can be in the hustle bustle of that area if one likes. We spent a day doing the exciting Peak to Peak gondola lift ride in Whistler and were happy to return to the quiet beauty of Permberton for the night. If lived closer this would be our go-to place, and even though we live over a thousand miles away I would love to return, and I will definitly suggest it to my friends.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. All are ensuite, and at times a studio with kitchen/laundry is available.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank avocadolady
Oak Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 28 June 2012

My wife and I were on a week long motorcycle trip through BC. I wanted to spend at least one of our nights at a B&B so chose the Greenwood Country Inn for our 6th night on the road. From my initial contact throughout our stay Margit was a perfect hostess and made us feel right at home. She even offered up garage space for our motorcycle which we appreciated very much. Her breakfast was second to none, the "Pemberton Egg in the Nest" was the delicious culmination to fresh fruit salad, homemade muesli, yogurt, and the view from the deck that I could have taken in all morning. Too bad we had to hit the road, the next time (and there will be one of those) we're going to stay more than one night. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bs54
, Owner at Greenwood Country Inn, responded to this review, 30 June 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It is people like yourself that appreciate this place and the experience that comes with it, that keep me going. It was a pleasure meeting you and to exchange stories. I am looking forward to next time.
Kiama, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My wife and were at the end of the first day of a B.C driving tour. We didn't even know Canada had B&B accomodation. No thanks to local signage found this treasure hidden in the forested hills above Pemberton village. On merely perusing the property our prospective host Margrit made us feel so incredibly special and welcome how could we refuse? Great decision! Spotlessly clean and dsapxious unit. Super comfortable, cosy bed. Great amenities and little personalised touches that added that homely warmth. Lovely outlook over the valley to distant mountains and easy access to to town. And...a "Healthy" filling breakfast to die for! If the priority was not to see more of this beautiful state in the week we had left before our flight home we could easily have stayed here in heaven! Thank you Margrit, you deserve to prosper indeed!

Room Tip: Go for the basement unit if you like room and a feel of independence.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
whistlergirl1960, Owner at Greenwood Country Inn, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Guests. Thank you so much for your kind words of appreciation and the time you took to write about your experience.

Hopefully you will return one day again with more time to enjoy our establishment and the beautiful surroundings. In the meantime you motivated me to keep doing what I love to do.... Best wishes, Margit
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I originally booked a room at another B&B in Pemberton. There was a mistake with the booking service and the other B&B was overbooked so the other B&B made arrangements for us to stay with Margit at the Greenwood Country Inn. I was not too happy by starting out with this switcheroo, but was completely happy with Greenwood Country Inn.

The breakfasts were delicious and served on the patio with beautiful mountain views. Margit was very knowledgeable of the area and made suggestions on places we could visit after finding our what our interests were. The first night were were in the Dovetail room with a king bed. It was very firm and hurt my back. The next morning I told her that I unfortunately wouldn't be able to stay due to my back. Margit immediately offered us to stay in a room with a softer bed. This room turned out to be a suite with a kitchenette and living room area in addition to the bedroom. The bed was extremely comfortable and my back issues were resolved. We were not charged more due to changing to the larger room.

Margit was a wonderful hostess and did everything possible to make our stay pleasurable and comfortable. I will definitely be back and would highly recommend the Greenwood Country Inn to anyone staying in the Whistler / Pemberton area.

Room Tip: Dovetail has a firm King bed. The suite has a softer queen bed.
, Owner at Greenwood Country Inn, responded to this review, 30 June 2012
Thank you Donna for taking the time to write about your experience. There is a reason for everything and I am glad that the detour brought you here. I was also really happy that the other suite came available to help your back with a softer bed. The Dovetail will get a less firm mattress shortly so you can rest assured in any of our beds during your next stay. Kind regards, Margit.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I wanted to propose to my girlfriend in beautiful Pemberton, I was hoping to stay at a B&B that was warm and cozy - to add to the romance! I found this online and booked it after reading some positive reviews.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by the very friendly Margit, who showed us to our room, which was large, spotless and warm. The entire house was extremely well-appointed, including a great hot tub and large back deck with an incredible view. The breakfasts were delicious and the owner thoughtfully catered for every dietary need.

I am so very happy that I chose this. As a young couple, we honestly thought this place was PERFECT and will definitely be recommending this to our friends! Oh and by the way, my girlfriend said YES! :D

Room Tip: All rooms seemed quiet, spacious and very clean.
, Owner at Greenwood Country Inn, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Dear Guests. It was wonderful to see you both so happy which created a beautiful atmosphere around you. Whenever life takes you back to this place it would be a delight to see you again. Wishing you the Best for your future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pemberton
Pemberton Valley Lodge
#1 of 49 in Whistler
Crystal Lodge Hotel
Crystal Lodge Hotel
#8 of 49 in Whistler

Been to Greenwood Country Inn? Share your experiences!