“Beautiful trail but nose to tail....”

Adventure on Horseback
Vancouver, Canada
129 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 162 helpful votes
“Beautiful trail but nose to tail....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I am disappointed in my experience because I was hoping to have the same trip as the reviews and website led me to believe I would have. Don't get me wrong, our guide was sweet and the other people on our tour were nice. The trail, when you finally get to it, is beautiful. But the website says the adventure is not a typical nose to tail trail ride. That is exactly what it was, actually. Our six horses were lined up one after another for two hours, my horse's nose most of the time literally touching the tail of the horse in front of me. We walked slowly for an hour in one direction, did a roundabout at the end and came back the same way. About a third is through town streets and behind homes. We never cantered, in fact we were being passed by people walking their dogs. I was just looking forward to what was promised on the website and was alluded to by reviews on here. I'm not sure why I was asked so many times if I had experience because it doesn't take an expert to sit up straight. Our guide was friendly but quiet and we were told nothing along the way about the area or the horses. It didn't feel in any way like an excursion or an adventure... I'm bummed for the price and the hype. :-(

3 Thank HatRez

Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great fun for the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Bob was very accommodating with us. We had ridden once in Banff which was okay but my kids (7&10) we're desperate to do it again, and we were struggling to find somewhere that would take us. We had a private tour led by Eva who was superb. The kids loved her and she taught us basics of western horseriding. The route was stunning and we even had a go at cantering! I can't recommend these guys highly enough. They are the real deal, family run ranch who aren't interested in the big nose to tail plodding treks. If you want a proper horseback experience then look no further.

Visited July 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We had an amazing time horseback riding with Bob. He was very flexible with start times which we appreciated because we were running late. His horses are very different from the average trail ride horse. Each horse is independent and doesn't automatically follow in line which I enjoyed because it can be tiresome to ride a horse that you cannot play with.

1 Thank Erin D
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Bob and his team do a great job! My girlfriend and I visited for the day as a birthday gift for her. I had never ridden before and was made to feel completely at ease by the staff, my girlfriend is an experienced rider and really enjoyed getting out on the trails. The experience feels very authentic as you trek through town and out into the bush, fording a stream along the way and having several opportunities to trot.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Daniel M
Toronto, Canada
474 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 398 helpful votes
“Not sure why this one doesn't come up more often in google searches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I went to BC with my 3 kids and booked white water rafting, zip lining, whale watching but had a hard time booking horse back riding.
I saw all the reviews for the other horse back riding in Pemberton.
I knew my 2 daughters who had gone to horse back riding camp would not be happy with just walking through a trail.
I kept searching and found Adventure in Horseback riding and called.
I spoke to Bob.
He told me he'd have my son and I cantering before the end of the trip.
I could tell right away that this was a much more personalized trip.
I booked with Bob and followed up about 2wks before I left.
We were early so we just headed to the farm. My kids fed the horses and played with the 2 dogs.
What struck me right away was this was a small farm with very well kept horses (of course great BC scenery).
I'm terrible with names but ... Anna(I think) greeted us.
She took out 5 horses and my kids helped brush them down to get them ready for the ride.
She matched the horses with the riders.
She helped each of us mount the horse and adjusted all the straps.
It took about 5-10min to get to the trail.
For all of you people who reviewed the other trips other than Adventures in HB and said all you did was walk, we were trotting within 5-10min. cantering in 15min.
Anna gave us quite the ride.
We stopped part way for a great scenic photo opp.
The trip was great. We did go on a trail through the forest and crossed a stream but it was more about the riding.
This was exactly what my kids wanted.
The trip took about 1hr 50min and time depends on how fast you ride.
The trail is what it is but I can tell you my kids had a ball.
I don't have a single bad thing to say.
Exactly what everyone wrote they wanted on a horse back riding trip but didn't get at the other riding places, we got it here.
In fact we asked to slow down a bit and Anna catered the ride to us.
We missed Bob on this ride as he was off celebrating his B-day (Happy 65th Bob).
I highly recommend Adventures in HB.
Your ride is tailored to you and you have a say in the kind of ride you go on.
I hadn't been on a horse in 30yrs. and I loved it.
This is the only place I would ride with on my next visit to BC.
Thank you Bob and thank you Anna(I really hope I haven't been making a mistake on your name).
Just an FYI. This is a farm. They don't have credit card machines so bring cash (I learned the hard way).
They will supply the helmets even though my youngest daughter brought her own with.
Have Fun!