Pemberton Valley Lodge
US$248
Glaciers Reach(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$267
Travelocity
Twin Peaks Resort(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$353
Pemberton Hotel(Pemberton)
Lost Lake Lodge(Whistler)
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskpool and hot tubone bedroom suitewasher dryerminute driveunderground parkingsteam roomfull kitchengreat place to stayshuttle servicewhistler blackcombfree shuttlemilk and cookieslong weekendsmall kitchenmile lakedining table
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here one night to attend a wedding in Pemberton. It was extremely hot this weekend(July) and the air conditioning was amazing!!!! The pool=happy children and parents. The was also a giant chess board outside on the back lawn. All the staff were very welcoming and helpful. We were especially grateful that we were able to check in a bit early as we had hot and tired children in tow. We stayed on the 3d floor one bedroom overlooking the pool and some trees.The bed was comfy and the full kitchen had a single cup coffee brewer. You can get milk or cream from the front desk. You are allowed pets in this building, so if you don't have any or have any allergys then request the 3d floor. Pemberton is a cute small town and absolutely worth a little visit if you are in the Whistler area(about 25 min away i think in summer conditions).I can't remember the name of the cafe(started with a S i think & had red umbrellas outside),It was in town beside the little grocery store and had great wraps and smoothys...all organic. They even had toys for the kids to play!!! If you are searching for a hotel for the sole purpose of visiting/skiing Whistler then unfortunately this is not a convenient hotel, but otherwise i would recommend this place and would personally stay here again if needed or wanted to be close to Pemberton.

Room Tip: 3d floor is pet free. We liked our pool/tree view. Some ground floor rooms looked like they just had a parking lot view(although the gardens around the lot were kept really nice)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
David A M, General Manager at Pemberton Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Lodge. Just to let you know half of the hotel is pet restricted, not limited to only the 3rd floor. Don't shy away from us in the winter if you are looking for a ski resort, we offer the same services and amenities as the hotels in Whistler and we offer a complimentary daily ski shuttle to Whistler, it saves you the hassle of parking and returns you to a relaxing, tranquil resort. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have stayed at the Pemberton Lodge a number of times as our son lives in Pemberton. We have never had a complaint as the hotel and staff as both have always been excellent. However, a woman on the front desk was absolutely horrible a number of times to me and my family. Her name is Katie. She is young and has no idea on how to handle guests. She berated me in front of a number of other guests in the pool one night when I took my grandson for a swim. There are no children allowed after 9:00 pm but I was unaware of that fact. She took it upon herself to come out to the pool area where there were approximately 25 people and order us out of the pool. It scared my 8 year old grandson and royally ticked me off. This was only 1 out of 3 times she handled situations not only poorly but in a threatening manner. I don't know if there is new management ( it appears so) or if they are just unaware of her overbearing and insulting manner. I have told a number of Pemberton residents about our experience and they were both shocked and disappointed as the Pemberton Lodge is the only game in town. Save yourself the grief and drive the 20 minutes to stay in Whistler.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Daneal M
David A M, General Manager at Pemberton Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2014

We can appreciate that certain situations could have been handled differently during your stay. Our policies are in place for the well-being of our guests, our neighbours and our staff and although not all guests will agree with them we must remain consistent. It is unfortunate that any problems that occurred during your stay were not brought to a manager's attention as we would have worked with you for immediate resolution. We are happy you mentioned staying with us in the past and have never having anything negative to say. Our level of customer service has not changed as we work very hard to ensure overall guest satisfaction and hope that you will reconsider where you stay in the future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed here for 1 night on our way to the east. We arrived quite late (11pm or so) and although we booked our room months on beforehand, checkin still took more than half an hour due to unexperienced staff. The hotel and room were decorated with taste. Kitchen equipment was sparse, but just ok. Good bed. Secure indoor parking. We especially appreciated the HOT and powerful outdoor jacuzzi in the morning. It was a weekday in June, and it was like we were the only guests. Still quite expensive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are sorry to hear that your check in was a little longer than necessary, we are committed to ongoing training and strive to provide a quick but meaningful check in. We are a little surprised that you felt the kitchens were sparse; we have ample dishes and cooking pots and utensils for each suite, up two more sets than the rooms accommodate, along with serving bowls, platters and even a turkey roaster and craving knives if you are visiting during the holidays. We feel we are competitively priced for the services and amenities offered. We thank you for choosing Pemberton Valley Lodge and hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

First of all I'd like to say that the initial service was excellent and the facilities are more than acceptable. I stayed along with several other people in a two bedroom suite which included everything just as they've advertised.

HOWEVER, my only issue is with their unethical business practice on over charging/extra charges. During my stay at the middle of the night I suddenly felt sick and puked up my stomach contents at edge of sofa bed. The vomit splashed onto part of the mattress and ended up mostly on the carpet. I clean up the mess the best I can using the bed sheet to wipe everything off the carpet and leaving it in the bathtub for the cleaners.

About 1 week later, we were charged $500 dollars for "cleaning fees" and "room damage"
I spoke to a manger there and he explain that this is the non negotiable charge for things of this nature. When I mentioned that major hotel chains "Ramada, holiday Inn, Sandman ect.. charge in the $70-$250 range for this sort of stuff he went on to explain that the fee is not only for the carpet cleaning but the charge is so high because they had to throw out 2 sheets, 1 blanket and 2 pillow cases. All of which you can get for under 30 bucks in total at wal-mart.

The same manager failed to transfer me to his supervisor when I asked to speak with that person of these fees. He also changed his tone when I advised him that I will be witting a negative review of my experiences and went on to accuse me of threatening his business.

So there you have it ladies and gents. $500 dollars for carpet cleaning and some pillowcases and sheet. Beware of staying here when other hotels in the area have vacancies.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Endo Dennis C

It is our policy to charge for damage and destruction of hotel property. The fees imposed were reflective of the damage and cleaning efforts the hotel had to take in restoring the room to rental condition. We can appreciate that this guest was upset with the fees charged, however certain behaviour is not acceptable and has consciences.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Like most people, we didn't question the "tax" added to the room charge when paying the bill for our two night stay. But in this case we should have paid closer attention. In addition to the Federal and Provincial taxes, there was also "HSF" listed among the taxes of totaling $3.38 per $100 of room charges). The "HSF" tax was hidden among the other government imposed taxes, so we did not notice or question it initially. The term "HSF" is an abbreviation for "Hotel Service Fee." It appears to us the hotel added this self-imposed "tax" to the bill for the hotel's benefit!

Since there was no mention of this "HSF Tax" on our contract with the hotel, we requested the hotel refund the HSF on our bill, but the hotel refused to do so.

Aside from the "HST" issue, what was our stay like? Well, it was excellent, as other reviewers have noted. Staff did an outstanding job; hotel is well maintained, rooms were excellent, and the setting very pleasant, a refreshing change from the bustle of overcrowded Whistler. While there aren't many activities in Pemberton, Whistler is a scenic 30 minute drive away, so commuting there is no problem. And if you want to travel further into the interior, the Duffy Lake Road to Lillooet is spectacular. Had the hotel not overcharged us, we would have given it an "excellent" rating.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

We are glad to hear that your group enjoyed their stay at Pemberton Valley Lodge and their visit to the region.
In reference to the taxes, a contract of agreement was signed that detailed the current applicable taxes and fees and also stated that taxes charged would be reflective of the groups check in date. This is included because some contracts are drafted over a year in advance of arrival at the hotel and taxes and fees could be subject to change.
Nothing is hidden on our invoices as a detailed breakdown is on every guest folio. Additional information is also available on the hotel's website.
We appreciate your feedback as it has given us an opportunity for us to improve on how we communicate group contracts.