“Relaxing Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pemberton
Lillooet Lake Lodge
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Lillooet Lake Lodge is amazing! The folks that run the place are so friendly and kind and make sure you have everything you need. They explain all of the things you can do nearby too. We wanted to just relax and that's exactly what you can do there. Beautiful views, cozy nights in the cabins, complete quiet, and nature all around you. Our little dog loved it too! Would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Cabin 5 has a private bathroom.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LynnBirdie
There are newer reviews for Lillooet Lake Lodge

Reviewed 19 March 2014

This is the second year in a row I've brought my now four year old daughter for a mini "spring break getaway". I came back this time because I loved it so much the first time:) I was a little more prepared this time as I knew what to expect. (i.e.: brought my own groceries from downtown to ensure I had food on hand that my picky little eater would actually eat). Pemberton has a full grocery store, but there were a few items that I couldn't find there last year that I reminded myself to bring this year.
We chose spring break to come because of the perfect solitude - no one there but us two. The weather's still a bit on the chilly side, and the roads are usually in better condition by summer, but as I said, we knew what to expect.
Jacob and Elizabeth and their dog Amber are all fantastic hosts who are very knowledgeable about the area, should you have any questions. (Maybe don't ask Amber, she doesn't talk much).
Be prepared to enjoy quiet, TV-free, telephone free solitude. Although I was getting spotty cell service on my iPhone and pretty regular internet service on it as well, not that that's necessarily a good thing, when you want to get away.
Bring music, a book, some art supplies, and some good shoes for walking and you're pretty much set. (Oh, and salt, pepper and tea!)
Jacob and Elizabeth supplied toilet roll, plenty of firewood for the wood burning stove (which we did all our cooking on - so try and bring groceries that can be cooked on the stovetop).
Like everyone else has mentioned, this is a very rustic place (outhouses, woodfire stove, quite remote) and I wouldn't have it any other way, so expect that when you arrive and you won't be disappointed.
Anything you think you might need during your stay - bring with you - it's a long, bumpy ride into town! Enjoy!

Room Tip: The two times we've stayed there, we've been booked into Cabin #1, which has a lovely, unobs...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FreeBirdVancouver
Reviewed 6 January 2013

What a gem Lillooet Lake Lodge is! We were looking for something remote and quiet, with beautiful surroundings to explore, and this was it! The dirt road to get there from the highway is in rough condition, but definitely manageable. Jacob and Elisabeth were friendly, helpful hosts. We stayed in cabin 5 and it was adorable: rustic and charming. There was no phone, no TV, no internet access--it was perfect. The property sits right on the lake and a stunning lake it is. There are nearby hot springs that are very well maintained and offer a natural environment (rock pool) and man-made (several private tubs). We wanted to do a bit of hiking, as well, and Jacob lent us his snowshoes for the day, which was much appreciated! We needed them and they provided an afternoon of fun. It was a great experience and we only wish we could have stayed longer. If you're looking to get away and enjoy the peace and quiet of the mountains, this is the perfect place to go. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank insearchofamerica
Reviewed 20 October 2012

It's pretty amazing that one could be transported from the heart of downtown Vancouver to a secluded oasis of peace and quiet, all in the span of a few hours' drive. We totally lucked out with the Lillooet Lake Lodge and it fit our needs completely.

First off, the road to the Lodge, once you turn off Highway 99, is a little rough but no worse than your typical forest service road in BC (I have driven down many in much worse shape). Our rental car had no difficulties. I am glad for this approach to the lodge as it probably keeps the developers away.

Once at the lodge, your senses are awakened by the natural beauty of the lake and mountains. Amber (the aforementioned dog) gingerly greets you and escorts you where you meet Jacob and Elisabeth, the hosts.

Outstanding genuine hospitality - very authentic people who are extremely welcoming. The cabins are pretty and rustic, exactly what we sought. Everything is well worn but not in disrepair - just get your expectations in line (i.e. don't expect a five-diamond place).

We brought some good food and dug in for a couple of days of peace. The fireplace was great, as were the views of the lake and surrounding mountains.

All in all, a great time. I miss it already.

Room Tip: Opt for cabin 5 if you really can't stand not having a proper kitchen, bathroom, etc.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VancityRP
Reviewed 22 September 2012

The Lillooet Lake Lodge is a remarkable place. The owners Jacob and Elizabeth are sweet people. Resident pooch Amber... is easy going. The Lake is beautiful and the nearby attractions are not to be missed.

This said...Be Prepared. As other reviews state, this is a rustic environment. I would like to offer some tips on how to make this an enjoyable stay.

Tip 1: Bring Mosquito repellent. This location changes… minute by minute… day by day. We were not prepared for the onslaught of mosquitoes that ensued during our stay. Just before we arrived a big storm occurred. This storm unleashed a torment of mosquitoes that cannot be described (except possibly by photographic evidence). Just think of the commercial for OFF where the guy sticks his hand into the infested fishbowl. It was, by all standards… insane. I spent most of my time dancing around slapping critters off my dog (and myself) and killing the little buggers buzzing around in the cabin. It was near impossible to be outdoors, even during the day. Seriously, you really need to be prepared for this.

Tip 2: Check your tires. The road to this property varies from season to season and year to year. It’s 10 km of potholes. I blew a tire going into town for repellent and it cost a pretty penny to get a new one and I was lucky at that.

Tip 3: Bring more than what you think you’ll need as you will not want to travel that road anymore than is necessary. There are dishes and pots and such, but as mentioned in other reviews you will need to bring food, spices, oil, coffee, towels, extra matches or BBQ lighter to light stove and mosquito repellent, possibly even a mosquito specific type gear, at the very least some old clothes that you could douse with DEET.

Tip 4: Go visit the waterfall. It is spectacular.

Tip 5: Borrow the canoe and get out on to the lake. Be careful though. The wind picks up pretty quick and the water gets really choppy. Also, there are fewer mosquitos out in the water.

Tip 6: Bring your own extra firewood. If the weather and conditions are good you are going to want to enjoy lots of fire time.

Tip 7: Bring inflatable devices. The water is cold, cold, cold, but if it gets hot enough you'll want to go float around.

A couple of the things I appreciate about the lodge:
It's dog friendly. The owners are really nice and will do there best to help you out with supplies that you may not have thought of. The cabins are spaced fairly well and offer a fair amount of privacy. The waterfall is awesome. You can have a fire and the lake is so beautiful.

A few draw backs:
Possible mosquito problems. Road conditions/potholes and a long way back to town. A bit rundown. Outhouse is quite a long way from most cabins. A long way to haul gear to cabin (so come when it's still light out). Entry to the shower is very confusing. No really good entry to lake.

I am rating this Lodge as Average rather than Poor, even though this trip was a disaster it is still a really neat place to go to. Obviously this uncomfortable situation was not the fault of the owners or their accommodation. If it had not been for this terrible mosquito situation, I am sure that this would have been a much different review and a much more enjoyable stay. So, when coming to this spot make sure that you ask about all the current, known and possible conditions.

Hope this helps.

Room Tip: I was originally booked into the cabin that is a converted trailer. The Cabin's feature is that...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank XolCreative
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We stayed at one of the cabins in August, and had a lovely time. The cabins are very rustic, which is exactly what we were looking for. But, unfortunately our cabin, and the property was a bit run down (e.g. duct tape holding together the drain pipe from the sink, doors that did not seal and let mosquitoes in, shower curtain in dire need of replacement, fence posts falling down on the property, etc). On the positive side, the location is lovely especially at dusk and at night. We LOVED having our own campfire, and it felt really cozy. A few things to know: - the beach is rocky and lake is a bit silty (which did not stop us from going in) so it is not really a swimming lake; guests are advised to boil the water for consumption; you should bring all you need for food (e.g. salt, pepper, oil) because nothing is provided.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank CanadaBeegirl
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I agree with most of what the reviewer below had to say. Very rustic but if you're looking for that, which my group were, then it's perfect. It's basic living but it was very cozy and the location is very beautiful. The road getting to it from Pemberton is very bumpy so I would avoid travelling along it at night. I took a couple of English friends there so to give them a rustic Canadian experience as they didn't like the idea of camping and they loved it. I will be back.

Room Tip: I stayed in the largest cabin but I can't remember the number now.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sarah F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pemberton
Pemberton Valley Lodge
#2 of 9 in Pemberton
Riverside Resort Whistler
Riverside Resort Whistler
#2 of 55 in Whistler

Been to Lillooet Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!